- Cauliflower (Gobi)1 Kg (Kilograms)Cut into medium sized florets
- Potato (Aloo)3 NosMedium sized, cut into cubes
- Green Peas (Hari Matar)1 Cups
- Onion (Pyaz)3 NosGrind to make Onion Paste
- Tomato (Tamatar)4 NosGrind to make Tomato Paste
- Green Chillies (Hari Mirch)5 NosCut into small pieces
- Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Salt (Namak)1.5 Tsp (Teaspoons)Or to taste
- Turmeric Powder (Haldi Powder)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Ginger Garlic Paste (Adrak Lahsun ka Paste)2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves (Kasoori Methi)2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Asafoetida (Hing)1/4 Tsp (Teaspoons)(A small pinch)
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Bay Leaf (Tej Patta)2 Nos
- Fenugreek Seeds (Methi Dana)1/4 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Cardamom Black (Badi ilaichi)2 Nos
- Cloves (Laung)5 Nos
- Black Pepper (Kali Mirch)10 Nos
Have you ever eaten Aloo Gobi Mutter in any North Indian Dhaba? If not, I will show you the greatness of this recipe today; and if yes, I will show you how can you get the same taste at your home. So today, I will teach you how to make classic Indian Dhaba style Gobi Aloo Mutter recipe at your home. This Gobi Aloo Mutter Recipe is best to serve with Roti, Paratha, and Rice.
Recipe Instructions for Aloo Gobi Mutter Recipe Dhaba Style
Time needed: 50 minutes.
So follow these recipe instructions to prepare this amazing North Indian cuisine Dhaba style Aloo Gobi Mutter Recipe at your home.
- Dip wash the Cauliflower florets (Gobi) in hot water properly. Remember that the Gobi may have pesticides spray on them, so always dip wash the Gobi in hot water properly. Was and keep aside in a strainer to strain all water properly.
- Heat 2 TBsp oil in a big skillet or any other large pan. When the oil is medium hot, add Cauliflower florets (Gobi) and Potatoes (Aloo). Fry for 8 to 10 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- After about 10 minutes when Gobi and Aloo are almost 50% cooked, take them out and keep aside.
- Then heat 1 TBsp oil in the same pan and add Cumin seeds (Jeera) and Asafoetida (Hing), and mix well.
- Then add the whole spices i.e. Bay Leaf (Tej Patta), Fenugreek Seeds (Methi Dana), Cardamom Black (Badi ilaichi), Cloves (Laung) and Black Pepper (Kali Mirch), and stir fry for one minute.
- Now here is the trick, add Red Chilli Powder directly to it and stir fry only for 5 to 6 seconds, and then immediately add Onion paste. When we add Red chilli powder directly to hot oil it will give a nice red texture to this Aloo Gobi Mutter. But make sure you do not burn out the chilli powder, so just fry it for 5 to 6 seconds and immediately add the Onion Paste.
- Mix well and roast these spices with 5 to 6 minutes, and then add Ginger Garlic paste. Roast on a medium flame for 5 to 6 more minutes.
- Then add the Green chillies, Tomato paste and salt then roast for 5 more minutes.
- Then add Coriander Powder and Turmeric Powder, and cook covered for 8 to 10 minutes until the spices are roasted properly. When the spices start leaving oil, it means the spices are roasted properly. Keep stirring in between so that spices should not stick to the pan. Add a 1/2 cup of water if required.
- When the spices start losing oil, add Green Peas (Mutter) and half a cup of water. Mix well and cook covered for 5 more minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Then add the fried Cauliflower (Gobi), Potato (Aloo), Dried Fenugreek leaves (Kasoori Methi), and 1 cup of water. Mix well and cook covered on low flame for 8 to 10 minutes. Keep stirring occasionally.
- Then after 8 to 10 minutes of slow cooking, check if the cauliflower is cooked well with the help of a fork. It should be well cooked by now. Then Add Coriander leaves and mix well.
- Though your Aloo Gobi Mutter is ready at this stage if you like to have a dry Aloo Gobi Mutter. But because we are making it Dhaba style, so we will add 1/2 cup of water and cook on high flame for 3 minutes.
- And here you go – your Aloo Gobi Mutter is ready. Switch off the flame, dish out Aloo Gobi Mutter and serve hot with Roti, Paratha, or Rice.
Want to see this Aloo Gobi Mutter Recipe in action? See the video here at our Official Meri Rasoi YouTube Channel. Subscribe to our YouTube Channel to get all recipes updates on the fly.
So, I hope you will enjoy this Aloo Gobi Mutter Recipe. Now let’s check out a few other great recipes from Meri Rasoi.
Chilli Fish Recipe
Palak Paneer Recipe (Spinach Paneer Recipe)
Mutton Korma Recipe
Fish Masala Recipe (Fish Curry Recipe)
Fish Coconut (Nariyal) Chutney Recipe
Tandoori Chicken Recipe Restaurant Style in Electric Tandoor
Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe
Chicken Momos Recipe
Clear Chicken Soup Recipe
Homemade Vegetable Stock Recipe