- Fish (Machhli)600 Gm (Grams)Boneless and skinless, Cut into cubes
- Corn Flour4 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- All Purpose Flour (Maida)4 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Onion (Pyaz)3 Nosmedium sized, diced
- Green Chillies (Hari Mirch)5 Nosfinely chopped
- Capsicum Green (Hari Shimla Mirch)2 Nosdiced
- Ginger Fresh (Adrak)2 Tsp (Teaspoons)minced
- Garlic (Lahsun)10 clovesminced
- Black Pepper Powder (Kali Mirch Powder)1/4 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Soya sauce1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Fish Sauce1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Ajinomoto1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Lemon Juice (Neembu Ras)2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Vegetable Oilfor deep fry
- Water (Paani)1/2 Cups
- Salt (Namak)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)for marinade
- Salt (Namak)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)for cooking
I am a fond of Indo-Chinese food. And I am sure you will fall in love with this Chilli Fish Recipe if you too like Indo-Chinese food as do I. Dry Chilli Fish is a Chinese cuisine recipe and very popular not only in India but all other parts of the world. So let see the preparation steps for this spicy and yummy Chilli Fish Recipe here.
Preparation Steps for Chilli Fish Recipe
Time needed: 40 minutes.
See the preparation steps below for this yummy Chinese special Chilli Fish Recipe.
- Wash the Fish properly by applying Salt, Lemon juice and Wheat flour. I will also share a recipe soon on How to Wash Fish properly.
- Strain all the access water from washed Fish cubes and take them in a large bowl.
- Then add Red Chilli Powder, Lime Juice, Corn Flour, All Purpose Flour and 1 Tsp of Salt.
- Mix well to make sure that the Flour mixture should be well coated on Fish cubes. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Now heat the Oil in a skillet over medium heat for deep frying the coated Fish.
- When Oil is hot, add the marinated Fish cubes in it gently and fry for a few minutes until the Fish are cooked and light brown in color. Flip gently in between so that Fish cubes should be fried from both sides. Also make sure Fish pieces should not be messed or not stuck with the pot.
- When the Fish are well cooked, take them out of the Oil and keep aside. Make sure you do not over crowd the pot with pieces but preferably fry in batches.
- When all the Fish cubes are fried, take the excess of Oil from frying pan/skillet and just leave about 1 TBsp of oil in the skillet.
- In this remaining Oil in a skillet (1 TBsp), add the diced Bell Peppers, Diced Onions, Chopped Green Chillies, Minced Ginger, Garlic and stir fry for few seconds.
- Then add Soya sauce, Fish Sauce, Black Pepper Powder, Ajinomoto and 1/2 Tsp of Salt to the skillet and stir fry for 2 minutes. Make sure that Bell Peppers should remain crispy, do not cook them 100% but leave half uncooked.
- Now, sprinkle 1/2 cup of Water and mix well. Then add the above prepared fish and mix well very gently so Fish pieces should not be messed. Gently stir fry the Chilli Fish for 2 more minutes until they are dry. Here you can decide what dryness consistency you may like.
- And here you go – your chilli fish is ready, serve them hot along with Roti, Rice, Fried Rice or Noodles. Dry Chilli Fish can also be used as a good Appetizer and Snack.
You may also want to see few other great recipes from our list
This recipe will product dry chilli fish recipe. If you would like to have little Gravy, just mix 1 Tsp of Corn Flour in 1 cup of water. Then add this Corn Flour Water in Chilli Fish while cooking and stir well. This will make it Chilli Fish with Gravy Recipe. Enjoy!!