- Fish600 GramsBoneless and skinless, Cut into cubes
- Corn flour4 Teaspoons
- All purpose flour4 Teaspoons
- Onion22 nos, medium, diced
- Green Chillis44 nos, finely chopped
- Green bell pepper22 nos, diced
- Ginger11 inch, minced
- Garlic cloves88 nos, minced
- Black Pepper powder1/4 Teaspoons
- Soya sauce1 Teaspoons
- Fish sauce1 Teaspoons
- Ajinomoto1/2 Teaspoons
- Red chilli powder1 Teaspoons
- Lime juice1 Teaspoons
- Oil5 Tablespoonsfor fry
- Water1/4 Cups
- Salt for marinade1 Teaspoons
- Salt for cooking1/2 Teaspoons
I am a fond of Indo-Chinese food. And I am sure you will fall in love with this chilli fish recipe if you too like Indo-Chinese food as do I. Dry Chilli fish is a Chinese cuisine recipe and very popular not only in India but all other parts of the world. See the steps for chilli fish recipe here.
Preparation Steps for Chilli Fish Recipe
1. Take washed fish cubes in a large bowl, add red chilli powder, lime juice, corn flour, all purpose flour and 1 tsp salt.
2. Sprinkle 2 tsp of water and mix well to make sure that the flours are well coated on the fish cubes. Set aside for 10 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat for deep frying the coated fish.
4. When the oil is hot, add the marinated fish cubes to it and fry for a few minutes until the fish are cooked and light brown. Keep stirring gently and make sure that fish cubes are not messed or not stuck with the pot. When the fish are well cooked, take them out of the oil and keep aside.
5. Take out the excess of oil from frying pan/skillet and just leave about 1 tablespoon of oil in the skillet.
6. In the remaining oil in skillet (1 tbsp), add the diced bell peppers, diced onions, chopped green chilles, minced ginger and garlic and stir fry for a few seconds.
7. Add soya sauce, fish sauce, black pepper powder, ajinomoto and 1/2 tsp salt to the skillet and stir continuously. Make sure that bell peppers should remain crispy, do not overcook.
8. Now, sprinkle 4 tsp of water and mix well; add the above prepared fish and mix well. Stir fry the chilli fish until they are dry.
9. Your chilli fish is ready, serve hot along with roti, rice, fried rice or noodles. Dry Chilli fish can also be used as a good appetizer.
This recipe will product dry chilli fish recipe.
If you would like to have little gravy, just mix 1/2 tsp of corn flour in 1/2 cup of water. Mix this courn flour water in chilli fish while cooking and stir well.