- Fish (Machhli)1 Kg (Kilograms)FOR MEATBALLS
- Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Salt (Namak)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)FOR MEATBALLS
- Green Chillies (Hari Mirch)6 NosFOR MEATBALLS - Thinly Chopped
- Ginger Garlic Paste (Adrak Lahsun ka Paste)2 Tsp (Teaspoons)FOR MEATBALLS
- Garam Masala Powder1 Tsp (Teaspoons)FOR MEATBALLS
- Coriander Leaves (Hara Dhania)1/4 CupsFOR MEATBALLS
- Onion (Pyaz)2 NosFOR MEATBALLS - Thinly Chopped
- Chickpeas Black (Kala Chana)3 Tsp (Teaspoons)FOR MEATBALLS - Roasted Chickpeas Black (Kala Chana) Powder
- Egg (Anda)1 NosFOR MEATBALLS - Raw Egg
- Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder (Kashmiri Lal Mirch Powder)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)(Optional)
- Salt (Namak)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Garam Masala Powder1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder)2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Turmeric Powder (Haldi Powder)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Coriander Leaves (Hara Dhania)1/4 Cups
- Ginger Garlic Paste (Adrak Lahsun ka Paste)2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Cashews Nuts (Kaju)20 NosGrind 20 Cashew nuts to make a fine paste (OPTIONAL)
- Onion (Pyaz)2 NosGrind 2 Nos Onions to make Onion Paste
- Tomato (Tamatar)2 NosGrind 2 Nos Tomatoes to make Tomato Puree
- Bay Leaf (Tej Patta)1 Nos
- Cardamom Green (Chhoti ilaichi)2 Nos
- Cloves (Laung)3 Nos
- Black Pepper (Kali Mirch)10 Nos
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
In this recipe video learn how to make spicy yummy unique style Fish Kofta Curry or Fish Meatballs Curry. Fish kofta curry recipe is a yummy and spicy kofta curry recipe. Kofta is a meat ball prepared from ground meat mixed with balanced spices. Kofta can be made from variety of boneless meats including chicken meat, fish meat, mutton or lamb meat. Fish is a healthy diet so fish kofta not only gives you a yummy kofta curry dish but a healthy food alternate while keeping your food spicy.
To make fish meatballs (kofta), we first grind boneless fish meat to make a coarse meat mixture. Then variety of amazing spices mixed to this fish meat mixture. These meatballs are then shallow fried. In next step we prepare curry for fish kofta. Fried fish koftas are then added to this curry to give you ultimate fish kofta curry dish (Fish meatball). It’s very easy to prepare fish kofta masala (curry) at home. So, let’s see how to prepare this easy, yummy and spicy fish kofta curry at home. #FishKoftaRecipe #FishKoftaCurry #merirasoi #KoftaCurryRecipe
Step 1 – Prepare Fish Meat Balls
Follow these simple recipe instructions to make fish meat balls out of ground fish meat.
- Wash 1 Kg. boneless fish properly and keep in a strainer for 30 minutes to strain the water properly.
- Now coarsely grind fish meat in a grinder in chunks. Do not overcrowd the grinder but grind fish meat in small chunks.
- Take ground fish meat in a big bowl and add marinating spices to it. So add 1 Tsp Red Chilli Powder, 1 Tsp Salt, 1 Tsp Garam Masala Powder, ¼ Cup chopped Coriander Leaves, 5 to 6 chopped Green Chillies, 1 Raw Egg, 2 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste, 2 Nos Chopped Onions and 2 to 3 Tsp Black Grams Powder (Chana Powder).
- Mix all spices along with fish meat by your hands, to make a uniform consistency mixture.
- Grease a flat plate with Oil to keep the prepared Fish meatballs so that they should not sick on plate.
- Now divide the fish meat mixture in equal sized portions. From each portion make equal sized round meat balls and keep in the greased plate. Keep aside. See The Recipe Video.
Step 2 – Fry the Fish Meat Balls for Fish Kofta Curry Recipe
Now while we have the fish meat balls ready, this is the time to fry these meat balls. Follow these simple steps to fry the fish meat balls.
- Heat cooking Oil in a non-stick frying pan at medium flame
- When Oil is medium hot, gently add fish meat balls one by one and fry for 3 to 4 minutes from one side.
- Then flip the fish meat balls and fry from other side too for 3 to 4 minutes. Remember to fry the fish meat ball at medium flame only. Do not cook at high flame, do not overcook. See The Recipe Video.
- When fish meat balls are fried and got nice brown frying marks all around the meat balls, take them out in a plate and keep aside.
Step 3 – How to Make Fish Kofta Curry Masala
Time needed: 1 hour.
So we are all set now to make fish kofta curry masala. Follow these simple recipe inscriptions to make fish kofta curry masala.
- Heat 4 TBsp oil in a skillet at medium flame. When oil is medium hot, add whole spices. You will need these whole spices – 1 Nos Bay Leaf (तेजपत्ता), 2 Nos Green Cardamom (छोटी इलाइची), 3 Nos Cloves (लौंग), 8 to 10 Nos Black Peppers (काली मिर्च) and ½ Tsp Cumin Seeds (जीरा).
- Fry these whole spices for about 30 seconds until the Cumin Seeds start spluttering. When Cumin seeds start spluttering add Onion Paste. To make Onion paste, grind 2 Nos Onions in a grinder along with ½ cup of water.
- Switch the gas flame to high and fry the Onion paste at high flame for about 2 to 3 minutes till the Onions paste start turning pinkish in color.
- When onions start being pinkish in color, add 2 Tsp Ginger Garlic paste and fry for 2 more minutes at high flame. Prefer to use homemade Ginger Garlic paste. To make Ginger Garlic Paste, grind 40% Ginger and 60% Garlic in a grinder with little water to make a fine paste.
- Then after 2 minutes fry, add Tomato puree. Grind 2 Nos large Tomatoes to make Tomato puree.
- Then immediately add 1 Tsp Salt. This Salt added with Tomatoes will help them cook faster. Fry for 3 to 4 more minutes at high flame so that Onions and Tomatoes should be well cooked.
- Now switch the gas flame to low as we have to add powdered spices. If you add powdered spices at high flame, they can burn.
- At low flame, add 2 Tsp Red Chilli Powder, 2 Tsp Coriander Powder, ½ Tsp Turmeric Powder and ½ Tsp Garam Masala Powder. Mix well.
- Then switch the gas flame to medium and roast spices covered at medium flame. Cook covered for 4 to 5 minutes until spices start leaving Oil. See Recipe Video Here.
- When spices start leaving Oil out of it, add Cashew nuts paste and mix well.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes at high flame till the spices start leaving Oil. Add ½ Cup water if required to cook the spices well.
- Now add the fish meat balls that we had fried in last step. Gently mix well with spices. If the gravy is too thick, add 1 glass of water and mix well.
- Add either “1 Tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder” or “a Pinch of Red Food color” if you want your recipes to have a nice red color. The Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder is not much spicy but used to give a nice red color to your gravy. If Kashmiri Red Chilli powder is not available, you can use a pinch of red food color.
- Now cook covered for 5 to 6 minutes at medium flame.
- Then while spices are well roasted along with fish meat balls, add some water as per the gravy consistency required. I would prefer to add 1 Glass of water.
- Let the fish curry masala to come to a boil at high flame. When fish gravy starts boiling, immediately switch the gas flame to low.
- Then at low flame, cook covered (Simmer) for 5 to 6 minutes. After 5 to 6 minutes, you will get your amazingly delicious Fish Meat Balls Curry Masala ready. Dish out and serve hot.
Hope you will enjoy this spicy and yummy Fish Kofta Cury Masala (Fish Meatballs) Recipe. Now check out few more great recipes from Meri Rasoi.
Lal Masoor Dal Tadka Recipe | Lal Masoor Dal Recipe | Red Lentils Recipe | ढाबा स्टाइल लाल मसूर दाल
Indian Masala Omelette Recipe | Spicy Omelets Recipe | नार्मल आमलेट से हो बोर तो बनाइये मसाला आमलेट
Restaurant Style Mutter Paneer Recipe | एकदम रेस्टोरेंट जैसा मटर पनीर घर पे बनायें बिलकुल आसानी से
Home Made Biryani Masala Recipe | How to Make Biryani Masala at Home | Biryani Masala
Hyderabadi Mutton Dum Biryani | Mutton Dum Biryani Recipe | Layer Biryani Recipe
Restaurant Style Chilli Chicken | Chilli Chicken Recipe | Chinese Chicken
Restaurant Style Chicken 65 Recipe | Easy Chicken 65 Recipe
Kadai Chicken Recipe | How To Make Kadai Chicken | Restaurant Style