- Coriander Seeds (Dhania Sabut)2 Tsp (Teaspoons)FOR KADAI MASALA
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)FOR KADAI MASALA
- Black Pepper (Kali Mirch)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)FOR KADAI MASALA
- Red Chilli Whole Dried (Sukhi Laal Mirch Sabut)4 NosFOR KADAI MASALA
- Paneer250 Gm (Grams)Cut into cubes
- Onion (Pyaz)1 Nos(Diced)
- Capsicum Green (Hari Shimla Mirch)1 Nos(Diced)
- Cooking Oil3 TBsp (Tablespoons)
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Onion (Pyaz)2 Nos(Grind 2 Nos Onions to Make Onions Paste)
- Ginger Garlic Paste (Adrak Lahsun ka Paste)2 Tsp (Teaspoons)Preferably Homemade
- Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Turmeric Powder (Haldi Powder)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Black Pepper Powder (Kali Mirch Powder)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Kadai Masala2 Tsp (Teaspoons)We will prepare Kadai Masala during this recipe
- Salt (Namak)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)Adjust to taste
- Tomato (Tamatar)2 NosLarge (Coarsely grind to make tomato puree)
- Cashews Nuts (Kaju)20 Nos(Grind 20 Nos Cashew Nuts to make a fine paste)
- Milk Cream (Doodh ki Malai)2 TBsp (Tablespoons)Fresh Cream
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves (Kasoori Methi)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Coriander Leaves (Hara Dhania)1/4 Cups
- Green Chillies (Hari Mirch)4 NosSliced
In this recipe video learn how to make yummy restaurant style Kadai Paneer at home. In fact this Kadahi Paneer Recipe will taste even better than the dhaba style kadai paneer and restaurant style kadhai paneer. Kadahi Paneer has a sharp spicy taste and we have added little cashew nuts paste and fresh cream to balance that spicy flavor yet giving balanced kadai paneer.
The name kadai paneer is not given to this recipe because it is prepared in Kadai (Skillet); But due to the use of a special kadai masala. It’s that wonderful kadai masala which makes paneer, the kadai paneer. Kadai Paneer Masala is prepared by dry roasting whole spices and then coarsely grinding them. And this kadai paneer masala gives this kadahi paneer recipe it’s unique spicy taste.
Kadai Paneer is one of the most loved Punjabi Paneer Recipe. Just try this karahi paneer recipe once and you will become fan of it. It’s very easy to prepare kadahi paneer at home. So, let’s see how easy is to prepare this easy, yummy and spicy kadahi paneer recipe at home. #KadaiPaneerRecipe #kadaipaneer #merirasoi #kadahipaneer
Step 1 – Let’s Prepare Kadai Masala for Kadai Paneer
Kadai Masala for Kadai Paneer is bit different from Kadai Masala for Kadai Chicken. Kadai Paneer Masala require comparatively less spices than the Kadai chicken masala. So follow these simple steps to prepare Kadai masala for Kadai Paneer recipe.
- Heat a pan on medium flame.
- Add 2 Tsp of Coriander Seeds, 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds, ½ Tsp Black Peppers, 4 Dried Whole Red Chillies.
- Switch the gas flame to low.
- Roast all spices at low flame for 5 to 6 minutes. Do not overcook.
- When spices start leaving their aroma, switch of the gas.
- Take roasted spices out in a plate and them cool.
- When spices are cool, coarsely grind them to make a coarse spices mixture.
- Your Kadai masala is ready. Keep it aside – we will use 2 Tsp from this prepared Kadai masala in this Kadai Paneer recipe.
Step 2 – Fry the Onions and Capsicum for Kadai Paneer Masala
In this step we will fry the diced Onions and Diced Capsicum which will be added to Kadai Paneer. Remember, these Onions and Capsicum should not be overcooked but should remain half cooked. This way they should remain crunchy and the capsicum should not lose their natural green color. Follow these simple steps to fry Onions and Capsicum for Kadai Paneer.
- Heat 2 TBsp Oil on high flame in a non-stick frying pan.
- Add diced Onions and diced Capsicum and stir fry only for 2 Minutes.
- Just half cook, do not overcook. The Green capsicum should remain crunchy and should not lose their nice natural green color. See Recipe Video Here.
- Take out and keep aside in a plate.
Step 3 – Fry the Paneer
Some people like raw Paneer in Kadai Paneer recipe. However, I like to fry the Paneer to make it little golden on sides. This way your Kadai Paneer will taste even more. Do not fry the Paneer much but just give it light fry. So follow these simple steps to fry the Paneer for Kadai Paneer masala recipe.
- In the same remaining oil in which we had fried the Onions and Capsicum, add Paneer cubes.
- Fry for 2 to 3 minutes from all side. Make sure you fry only on medium low flame and you do not overcook the Paneer.
- When you get light brown frying marks on Paneer, take them out in a plate and keep aside.
Step 4 – Finally Let’s Make Kadai Paneer Masala
Time needed: 1 hour.
And here you go! Now is the time to finally cook your Kadai Paneer masala. So follow these simple recipe instructions to prepare Kadai Paneer Masala Recipe.
- Heat 3 TBsp oil in large Kadai (Skillet) on medium flame. Just to clarify, this recipe doesn’t get its name “Kadai Paneer” due the fact that we are making it in a Kadai. But this recipe is called “Kadai Paneer Recipe” because of that amazing spice mixture i.e. “Kadai Masala” that we had prepared earlier.
- When oil is medium hot, add cumin seeds.
- When cumin seeds start spluttering, add Onion paste. (Grind 2 Onions to make a fine Onion paste)
- Fry Onions paste for 3 to 4 Minutes on high flame until the Onion paste starts becoming pinkish in color.
- Then add Ginger Garlic Paste. Try you can make the fresh Ginger garlic paste at home. If not, then you can take readymade ginger garlic paste. But the homemade fresh Ginger Garlic paste always gives your recipes amazing taste.
- After adding ginger garlic paste, roast for 1 to 2 Minutes at high flame.
- Now switch the gas flame to low as we have to add the dry powdered spices. Never add dry powdered spices at high flame to avoid spice burning.
- Add Red Chilli powder, Turmeric Powder, Coriander Powder, Black Pepper Powder and the 2 Tsp of Kadai Masala Powder (that we had prepared earlier.) See Recipe Video Here
- Add ½ cup of water so spices should not get burn. Mix well and switch the gas flame back to high. Roast the spices at high flame for 2 Minutes.
- Then add Salt and Tomato Puree. (Grind two large tomato to make Tomato puree). Cook for 4 to 5 minutes on medium flame until the spices start leaving oil.
- Add Cashew nuts paste (Optional). (Grind 20 Cashew nuts in 1 TBsp water to make a paste). Though this Cashew nuts paste is optional but if you add, this will give your Kadai Paneer a unique and amazing taste. I would highly recommend adding the Cashew nuts paste if you are making Kadai Paneer on a special occasion.
- Mix well and roast for 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Switch the gas flame to low as we have to add the fresh cream now. Add Fresh Cream.
- Add dried Fenugreek Leaves (Kasuri Methi). Mix well and switch the gas flame back to high.
- Roast the spices for 3 to 4 more minutes at high flame.
- Then add fried Onions and Capsicums.
- Add fried Paneer. Mix gently to make sure that Paneer pieces should not break. Add 1 cups of water and mix well gently.
- Add Coriander leaves and slit Green Chillies and mix well. Cook covered just for 1 minute on medium flame. Make sure you do not overcook.
- Switch off the gas after 1 minute, and your yummy spicy Kadai Paneer Masala is ready. Dish out and serve hot with Naan, Paratha or Roti (Bread).
Hope you will enjoy this spicy and yummy Kadai Paneer Masala recipe. Now check out few more great recipes from Meri Rasoi.
Lal Masoor Dal Tadka Recipe | Lal Masoor Dal Recipe | Red Lentils Recipe | ढाबा स्टाइल लाल मसूर दाल
Indian Masala Omelette Recipe | Spicy Omelets Recipe | नार्मल आमलेट से हो बोर तो बनाइये मसाला आमलेट
Restaurant Style Mutter Paneer Recipe | एकदम रेस्टोरेंट जैसा मटर पनीर घर पे बनायें बिलकुल आसानी से
Home Made Biryani Masala Recipe | How to Make Biryani Masala at Home | Biryani Masala
Hyderabadi Mutton Dum Biryani | Mutton Dum Biryani Recipe | Layer Biryani Recipe
Restaurant Style Chilli Chicken | Chilli Chicken Recipe | Chinese Chicken
Restaurant Style Chicken 65 Recipe | Easy Chicken 65 Recipe
Kadai Chicken Recipe | How To Make Kadai Chicken | Restaurant Style