- Mutton600 Gm (Grams)
- Onion (Pyaz)2 Nos(Large, chopped)
- Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Turmeric Powder (Haldi Powder)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder)2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Salt (Namak)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Green Chillies (Hari Mirch)5 Nos(Chopped)
- Red Chilli Whole Dried (Sukhi Laal Mirch Sabut)5 Nos(Chopped)
- Ginger Garlic Paste (Adrak Lahsun ka Paste)2 Tsp (Teaspoons)Preferably Homemade
- Coriander Leaves (Hara Dhania)1/2 Cups
- Mint Leaves (Pudina)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Tomato (Tamatar)2 NosChopped
- Curd (Dahi)1 Cups
- Milk Cream (Doodh ki Malai)1/2 CupsFresh Cream or "Doodh ki Malai" - (Optional but Recommended)
- Bay Leaf (Tej Patta)1 Nos
- Cardamom Black (Badi ilaichi)1 Nos
- Cardamom Green (Chhoti ilaichi)3 Nos
- Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)1 Nos1 inch piece
- Cloves (Laung)5 Nos
- Black Pepper (Kali Mirch)10 Nos
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
Learn how to make Mutton Stew Recipe. This mutton stew recipe is given by a professional mughal style cooking khansama. This shahi mutton stew is prepared with a secret ingredient to give it real classic mughal style mutton stew. Mutton stew recipe is one of the most popular mutton recipes. It’s an Eid special mutton stew recipe which tastes so yummy and spicy that you will start licking your fingers.
Mutton stew is prepared with mutton meat and a blend of amazing spices. This mutton stew is completely different from mutton korma dish. I will say you must give it a try and you will fall in love with this mutton stew dish. So let’s see how to prepare this amazing bakrid special mutton stew recipe. #MuttonStewRecipe #MuttonStew #merirasoi #muttonrecipe
Let’s See How to Make Restaurant Style Mutton Stew At Home
Time needed: 40 minutes.
Like any other stew recipes, Mutton stew also gets its gravy and its best flavor from Onions. So don’t be a miser in adding Onions. Though Mutton stew is best prepared in Mustard Oil but you can also use any refined cooking Oil. Mutton Stew Recipe is one of the most loved North Indian cuisine recipes. It’s easy to make this North Indian spicy and delicious Mutton Stew at home. So let’s get started and follow these simple recipe instructions to make our spicy, mouth melting Mutton Stew.
- Heat 4 TBsp Mustard Oil in a pressure cooker. If Mustard oil is not available, you can take any other cooking oil.
- When Oil is hot, add whole spices. So add 1 Nos Bay Leaf (तेजपत्ता), 1 Nos Black Cardamom (बड़ी इलाइची), 3 Nos Green Cardamom (छोटी इलाइची), 1 Nos Cinnamon Stick (दालचीनी) (1 inch piece), 4 to 5 Nos Cloves (लौंग), 10 to 15 Nos Black Peppers (काली मिर्च) and 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds (जीरा).
- Fry these whole spices just for 40 seconds till the Cumin seeds start spluttering.
- When cumin seeds start spluttering, add 2 to 3 Nos sliced Onions. Fry Onions just for 2 minutes till the Onions becomes translucent or semitransparent. Do not overcook.
See This Mutton Stew Recipe Video In Action Here.
- Then add 600 Grams Mutton and fry for 3 to 4 Minutes at high flame till the Mutton color changes to creamy white.
- Then add 2 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste (अदरक लहसुन पेस्ट) and fry for 2 to 3 more minutes.
* Try if you can use homemade Ginger Garlic paste. To make Ginger Garlic paste at home, take 40% Ginger and 60% Garlic and grind in a grinder with little water to make a fine paste. You can also preserve this homemade Ginger Garlic Paste for up to 15 days in refrigerator.
- Then add 2 Nos chopped Tomatoes.
- Mix well and add powdered spices. So add ½ Tsp Red Chilli Powder (लाल मिर्च पाउडर), ½ Tsp Turmeric Powder (हल्दी पाउडर), 2 Tsp Coriander Powder (धनिया पाउडर), 1 Tsp Salt (नमक), 4 to 5 chopped Green Chillies (हरी मिर्च), and 4 to 5 Nos roughly chopped Dried Whole Red Chillies (सूखी लाल साबुत मिर्च).
See This Mutton Stew Recipe Video in Action Here.
- Mix well and roast the spices for 6 to 7 minutes at high flame.
- Then add 1.5 Cups of water and cover the lid. Pressure cook the mutton stew for 5 to 7 whistles. Based on the age of mutton if your Mutton meat is tender, then 5 whistles should be enough. But if your Mutton meat is little hard, then cook it up to 7 whistles.
- Then switch off the Gas but do not open the lid of pressure cooker. Leave it as it is and let the cooker pressure auto-release. This may take about 5 to 6 minutes.
- When cooker pressure is auto-released, then open the lid. You can see that there is some extra water left in the stew which we have to dry out. So cook it at high flame for 5 to 6 minutes until the water is reduced and spices start leaving Oi.
- Then switch the gas flame to low and add 1 Cup beaten Curd (दही) and ½ Cup Milk Cream (क्रीम) (Optional but Recommended). Though the Cream is optional here but this is the secret of this Mutton Stew Recipe. If you add this fresh cream, it will dramatically enhance the taste of your Mutton Stew.
- Switch the gas flame back to High and cook at high flame for 5 to 6 minutes. By this time the water should be dried out and only the thick gravy should remain in Mutton Stew.
- When spices have left the oil, this is when your Mutton stew is ready to serve.
See This Mutton Stew Recipe Video in Action Here.
- Believe me this Mutton stew will come out so tasty that you will make it again and again, just give it a try.
- Dish out and serve hot with Roti, Naan or Paratha.
Hope you will enjoy this spicy and yummy North Indian Mutton Stew Recipe. Now check out few more great recipes from Meri Rasoi.
Lal Masoor Dal Tadka Recipe | Lal Masoor Dal Recipe | Red Lentils Recipe | ढाबा स्टाइल लाल मसूर दाल
Indian Masala Omelette Recipe | Spicy Omelets Recipe | नार्मल आमलेट से हो बोर तो बनाइये मसाला आमलेट
Restaurant Style Mutter Paneer Recipe | एकदम रेस्टोरेंट जैसा मटर पनीर घर पे बनायें बिलकुल आसानी से
Home Made Biryani Masala Recipe | How to Make Biryani Masala at Home | Biryani Masala
Hyderabadi Mutton Dum Biryani | Mutton Dum Biryani Recipe | Layer Biryani Recipe
Restaurant Style Chilli Chicken | Chilli Chicken Recipe | Chinese Chicken
Restaurant Style Chicken 65 Recipe | Easy Chicken 65 Recipe
Kadai Chicken Recipe | How To Make Kadai Chicken | Restaurant Style