- Chicken250 Gm (Grams)Boneless Chicken, Boiled and Minced
- Onion (Pyaz)2 Noschopped
- All Purpose Flour (Maida)500 Gm (Grams)
- Green Chillies (Hari Mirch)3 Noschopped
- Ginger Fresh (Adrak)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)chopped
- Soya Sauce1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Garlic (Lahsun)3 cloves Noschopped
- Vegetable Oil1 TBsp (Tablespoons)Refined Oil
- Salt (Namak)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
Chicken Momos Recipe is very popular Chinese snacks recipe from Chinese cuisine. Generally the Chinese Momos are prepared in two varieties either Veg Momos or Chicken Momos. Making Chicken Momos at home may appear difficult at first, but believe me, its not that difficult as you thought initially.
Here I will show you how to cook Chicken Momos at home. Momos can either be steamed or deep fried. Here I would use the steam method but core method and ingredients are same for both the steamed momos and fried momos. Here are the preparation steps for this delicious Chinese Chicken Momos recipe.
Preparation Steps for Chicken Momos Recipe
We will prepare the Chicken momos in three steps. In step 1 we will prepare the dough. Then in second step we will prepare the momos filling (stuffing). And then in step 3 we will prepare the momos.
Step 1 – Prepare the Dough for Chicken Momos Recipe
- Take the wheat flour (maida), salt and oil in a big bowl and mix well.
- Then add some water in this mixture to make it a soft dough. Kneed the dough well with your hands and keep the dough aside.
Step 2 – Prepare the Dough for Chicken Momos Recipe
- Lets prepare the Momos filling in a separate bowl. Take chopped Ginger, chopped Garlic, chopped Green Chillies, chopped Onions and boiled minced Chicken. Mix well. (Note: when you boil the chicken, add 1/2 Tsp of Salt in it. So you will not need to add salt in this mixture again.)
- Add Soya Sauce in this filling mixture, mix it well to form a smooth consistency, then keep it aside.
Step 3 – Lets Make the Momos
- Make small chapatis from dough and put 1 Tsp of filling mixture in the middle of chapati.
- Seal the chapati all around to make a dough ball as shown in picture. You can also give it any shape as yo want.
- Repeat the same process with all remaining dough and filling mixture to make more momos balls.
- Steam the Chicken Momos balls in a momo steamer or Idli utensil for 20 minutes.
- And here you go – your chicken momos are ready in, server hot with Tomato-Garlic sauce.
Lets check out few more great recipes on Meri Rasoi
You can easily convert this Steamed Chicken Momos Recipe into Fried Chicken Momos Recipe. If you like fried momos, then instead of steaming the momos just deep fry the prepared momos balls in refined oil on medium flame. And enjoy the fried chicken momos with green chutney.