- Chicken Boneless250 Gramsboiled and minced
- Onions2 nos2 nos, chopped
- Plain wheat flour (maida)500 Grams
- Green chilli2 nos2 nos, chopped
- Ginger1 inch1 inch, chopped
- Soya sauce1 Teaspoons
- Garlic22 cloves, chopped
- Refined Oil1 Tablespoons
- Salt1/2 Teaspoonsor to taste
Chicken momos recipe is very popular Chinese snacks recipe from Chinese cuisine. Mostly the momos are prepared in two varieties either veg momos or chicken momos. Making chicken momos at home may appear difficult at first, but believe me, its not that difficult as you thought initially.
Here I will show you how to cook chicken momos at home. Momos can either be steamed or deep fried. Here I would use the steam method but core method and ingredients are same for both the steamed momos and fried momos. Here are the preparation steps for this delicious chicken momos recipe.
Preparation Steps for Chicken Momos Recipe
1. Take the wheat flour (maida), salt and oil in a big bowl and mix well.
2. Now add some water in this mixture to make it a soft dough, keep the dough aside.
3. Prepare the momos filling in a separate bowl. Take ginger, garlic, green chillies, onions and minced chicken. Mix well.
4. Add soya sauce in this filling mixture, mix it well to form a smooth consistency and keep it aside.
5. Make small chapatis from dough and put 1 tsp of filling mixture in the middle of chapati.
6. Seal the chapati all around to make a dough ball. Repeat the same process with all remaining dough and filling mixture to make more momos balls.
7. Steam the chicken momos balls in a momo steamer or idli utensil for 20 minutes.
9. Your chicken momos are ready, server hot with tomato-garlic sauce.
I have used steam method to prepare momos here. If you like fried momos, just deep fry the prepared momos balls in refined oil on medium flame.