- Chicken500 Gm (Grams)(FOR FIRST MARINATION) - Preferably Drumsticks
- Ginger Garlic Paste (Adrak Lahsun ka Paste)2 Tsp (Teaspoons)(FOR FIRST MARINATION) - Preferably Homemade
- Lemon Juice (Neembu Ras)5 Tsp (Teaspoons)(FOR FIRST MARINATION)
- Black Salt (Kala Namak)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)(FOR FIRST MARINATION)
- Salt (Namak)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)(FOR FIRST MARINATION)
- Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)(FOR FIRST MARINATION)
- Curd (Dahi)1 TBsp (Tablespoons)(FOR SECOND MARINATION) - Hung Curd
- Ginger Garlic Paste (Adrak Lahsun ka Paste)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)(FOR SECOND MARINATION) - Preferably Homemade
- Mustard Oil (Sarson ka Tel)4 Tsp (Teaspoons)(FOR SECOND MARINATION)
- Salt (Namak)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)(FOR SECOND MARINATION)
- Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)(FOR SECOND MARINATION)
- Black Pepper Powder (Kali Mirch Powder)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)(FOR SECOND MARINATION)
- Garam Masala Powder1 Tsp (Teaspoons)(FOR SECOND MARINATION)
- Red Food Color1/4 Tsp (Teaspoons)(FOR SECOND MARINATION) - Optional
Try this Tandoori Chicken Recipe once, and you will make it again and again – I can bet. Yes, it’s super easy to make this crispy and juicy chicken Tandoori at home in an electric Tandoor.
Everyone is being health conscious now a day. And if you too are health conscious you must be willing to go for roasted foods instead of fried foods. However, making Tandoori chicken in traditional Tandoor at home is not really easy stuff to manage. Here we bring you this Tandoori Chicken Recipe in electric Tandoor so you can easily roast chicken and make Tandoori chicken at home. This Tandoori chicken recipe in Electric Tandoor is perfect for your health and really awesome in taste. You will find this roasted chicken crunchy and crispy outside while soft and juicy inside.
I made it in Electric Tandoor but you can literally make it in any kind of Tandoor whether it is a Coal Tandoor, Gas Tandoor, or Electric Tandoor. Blend of Balanced spices and Marinating are the two keys behind the taste of this Tandoori chicken; so please take care of spices mix and give it at least 1 hour for marinating. We will marinate this Tandoori chicken in two steps. In the first step, we will marinate for 20 minutes with a blend of limited spices, and then in the second marination, we will marinate with remainder spices for 1 hour.
Preparation Steps for Chicken Tandoori Recipe in Electric Tandoor
We will prepare this Tandoori Chicken in two steps. In the first step we will be marinating the chicken with spices, and the second step will be roasting it in electric tandoor. In fact, we will marinate chicken pieces twice. So the first marination will be of 20 minutes and the second marination will be of 1 hour if you really want to take 100% of this amazing Chicken Tandoori Recipe.
First Marination For Chicken Tandoori Recipe – 20 Minutes
- Slit the chicken pieces properly so that all spices should be well absorbed inside the chicken.
- Then take all the ingredients for First Marination (2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste, 5 tsp Lemon Juice, 1/2 tsp Black Salt, 1/2 tsp regular Salt and 1/2 tsp Red chili powder) in a large bowl and mix well.
- Now rub this marinating mixture on chicken pieces properly.
- Make sure that you rub the slits (cuts) too and fill the marinating mixture in these slits so the marinating mixture should be well absorbed inside chicken pieces.
- Then keep these chicken pieces aside for 20 minutes for the first marination.
Second Marination – 60 Minutes
- Add all the ingredients for the second marination in a large bowl and mix well. To make hung curd, just hang the curd in a muslin cloth for 40 to 50 minutes so all of it’s water gets strained out of it and you will get the hung curd.
- Then rub this second marination mixture to the same chicken pieces well. Make sure you fill this mixture in slits made in chicken pieces properly so chicken pieces should well absorb the spices. Then keep it in the refrigerator for marination for one hour.
Make Tandoori Chicken in Electric Tandoor
Time needed: 30 minutes.
Well, after marinating the chicken pieces, this is the time to prepare Tandoori Chicken in Electric Tandoor. Follow these simple steps carefully to make your Tandoori chicken.
- Foil the Tandoor plate and grease it with butter. Preheat tandoor for 2 to 3 minutes at 210 degrees Fahrenheit or 100 degrees Celsius.
- Now put the chicken pieces on Tandoor plate and cook in the tandoor for 3 to 4 minutes. Then take the tandoor plate out carefully and drain out any water that comes out of chicken. Then put the tandoor plate back in tandoor.
- After 2 more minutes, take the tandoor plate out once more and brush the chicken pieces with butter or oil (See Video) properly and put the tandoor plate back in tandoor.
- Then let it cook covered for 2 to 3 more minutes on same temperature and then just switch off the Tandoor. But make sure you do not open the Tandoor lid yet. Let the chicken cooking inside slowly while Tandoor is switched off. This will cook the chicken inside at low temperature keeping it soft inside while crunchy outside.
- Then after 5 minutes open the tandoor and check chicken pieces with the help of a fork. It should be well cooked by now. If you feel the chicken is not properly cooked yet, keep it in the tandoor for 1 to 2 more minutes.
- And here you go, your Tandoori Chicken is ready. Serve hot with your favorite sauce or chutney.
Want to see it in action? See the video here at our Official Meri Rasoi YouTube Channel. Subscribe to our YouTube Channel to get all recipes updates on the fly.
I hope you will enjoy this Chicken Tandoori Recipe. Now let’s check out a few other great recipes from Meri Rasoi.