- Mutton500 Gm (Grams)
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)(FOR GRAVY)
- Bay Leaf (Tej Patta)1 Nos(FOR GRAVY)
- Mace (Javitri)1 Nos(FOR GRAVY)
- Star Anise (Chakra Phool)1 Nos(FOR GRAVY)
- Cloves (Laung)5 Nos(FOR GRAVY)
- Black Pepper (Kali Mirch)10 Nos(FOR GRAVY)
- Cardamom Black (Badi ilaichi)2 Nos(FOR GRAVY)
- Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)2 Nos(FOR GRAVY)
- Nutmeg (Jaifal, Jayfal)1/4 Tsp (Teaspoons)(FOR GRAVY) - Crushed
- Red Chilli Whole Dried (Sukhi Laal Mirch Sabut)3 Nos(FOR GRAVY)
- Onion (Pyaz)2 Nos(FOR GRAVY) - Roughly chopped
- Green Chillies (Hari Mirch)4 Nos(FOR GRAVY)
- Coriander Leaves (Hara Dhania)1/2 Cups(FOR GRAVY)
- Four Seeds (Char Magaz)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)(FOR DRY FRUITS PASTE)
- Cashews Nuts (Kaju)12 Nos(FOR DRY FRUITS PASTE)
- Coconut Powder (Nariyal Choora)1 TBsp (Tablespoons)(FOR DRY FRUITS PASTE)
- Poppy Seeds (Khas Khas, Post)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)(FOR DRY FRUITS PASTE)
- Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)1 Nos(FOR MUTTON KORMA)
- Cardamom Green (Chhoti ilaichi)3 Nos(FOR MUTTON KORMA)
- Bay Leaf (Tej Patta)1 Nos(FOR MUTTON KORMA)
- Salt (Namak)1.5 Tsp (Teaspoons)(FOR MUTTON KORMA) - Or To Taste
- Curd (Dahi)1 Cups(FOR MUTTON KORMA) - Beaten Curd
- Ginger Garlic Paste (Adrak Lahsun ka Paste)2 Tsp (Teaspoons)(FOR MUTTON KORMA)
- Turmeric Powder (Haldi Powder)1/4 Tsp (Teaspoons)(FOR MUTTON KORMA) - Optional
- Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)1.5 Tsp (Teaspoons)(FOR MUTTON KORMA) - Or To Taste
- Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder)2 Tsp (Teaspoons)(FOR MUTTON KORMA)
- Onion (Pyaz)1 Nos(FOR MUTTON KORMA) - For Making Fried Onions
Mutton Korma Recipe (Mutton Curry Recipe) is one of the best Awadhi mutton recipes from the land of Awadh. Though this is an Awadhi Recipe I have given it a Delhi style touch so this Mutton Korma Recipe will give you a royal taste that you and your guests can never forget.
Mutton korma is a dish rich with nutrients and full of flavors. This Mutton korma or you can say Mutton Curry Recipe is best served with naan, paratha, or chapatti, but some people like it with rice too. Mutton Korma Recipe is prepared in two steps. In the first step we will prepare the Gravy for Mutton Korma and in the second step, we prepare the Mutton Korma.
So, let’s see the recipe instructions for this famous mutton korma recipe below.
Recipe Instructions – Prepare Gravy For Mutton Korma Recipe
- Heat 1 TBsp Oil in a frying pan
- When the oil is hot, add 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds, 1 nos Bay Leaf, 1 nos Mace, 1 nos Star Anise, 4 to 5 Cloves, 8 to 10 Black Peppers, 2 Black Cardamoms, 1 nos Cinnamon Stick, 1/4 tsp Nutmeg powder and 3 nos Whole Dried Red Chillies.
- Fry these spices for a minute and then add roughly chopped onions.
- Fry for 2 to 3 more minutes until the onions are just translucent in color. When onions are translucent (half transparent), take all the spices out of oil and let them cool.
- When spices are cool, take them in a grinder and add Green Chillies and Coriander Leaves. Then grind to make a smooth fine paste.
- Keep this gravy mixture aside for later use.
Prepare Fried Onions
- In the meantime, while above-fried spices are being cool, you can prepare your fried onions. To make fried onions thinly slice 1 medium-sized onion.
- Heat enough oil on high heat to fry these onion slices. Make sure the oil must be super hot on high flame. If the oil is not properly hot, the onions will not remain crispy but will get soggy.
- When the oil is hot, add onion slices and fry till they are golden brown in color. (See Video).
- When onions are golden brown, take them out and keep aside for later use. Make sure you do not overcook onions.
Prepare Dry Fruit Paste for Mutton Korma
- To prepare Dry fruits paste, soak the poppy seeds for 15 minutes in freshwater.
- Then take these soaked poppy seeds in a grinder and add all the other remaining dry fruits, and grind well to form a fine paste. Keep this dry fruits paste aside for later use.
Recipe Instructions for Mutton Korma Recipe
Time needed: 1 hour.
Follow these Recipe instructions carefully to prepare your Mutton Korma or Mutton Curry.
- In the same remaining oil which we had used to fry onions, (Approximately 3 TBsp) add 1 nos Bay Leaf, 3 nos Green Cardamom and 1 nos small Cinnamon Stick.
- Fry for a minute and then add Mutton pieces. Then add Salt and fry Mutton pieces for 4 to 5 minutes. Keep stirring in between.
- Then add Properly Beaten Curd, 2 Tsp of Ginger Garlic Paste, mix well, and roast these spices along with Mutton meat until spices start leaving oil. Make sure to roast the spices well.
- When spices are well roasted and start leaving oil, then add the gravy mixture that we prepared earlier. Mix well.
- Then add Turmeric Powder (Optional), Red chili powder, and coriander powder. Add one glass of water and mix well. Then cover the pressure cooker and cook till 4 to 5 whistles.
- Now release the cooker pressure and check if mutton is well cooked with the help of a spoon. If not cooked yet, you can cook to 2 more whistles.
- Now add the Dry Fruits paste, Garam Masala Powder, Fried Onions that we had prepared earlier. Add one cup of water and mix well. Now cook it covered on very low flame (simmer) for 20 minutes. Do not pressure cook at this step but just keep it covered with the lid.
- That’s all your ultimate Delhi style mutton korma is ready. Serve it with Roti, Naan, Paratha or Rice.
Want to see this Mutton Korma Recipe or Mutton Curry Recipe in action? See the video here at our Official Meri Rasoi YouTube Channel. Subscribe to our YouTube Channel to get all recipes updates on the fly.
So, I hope you will enjoy this Mutton Korma Recipe. Now let’s check out a few other great recipes from Meri Rasoi.
Chilli Fish Recipe
Fish Masala Recipe (Fish Curry Recipe)
Fish Coconut (Nariyal) Chutney Recipe
Tandoori Chicken Recipe Restaurant Style in Electric Tandoor
Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe
Chicken Momos Recipe
Clear Chicken Soup Recipe
Homemade Vegetable Stock Recipe