- Spinach (Palak)1 Kg (Kilograms)(FOR GRAVY)
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)(FOR GRAVY)
- Ginger Fresh (Adrak)2 Tsp (Teaspoons)(FOR GRAVY) - Cut into small pieces
- Garlic (Lahsun)10 to 12 cloves(FOR GRAVY)
- Onion (Pyaz)2 Nos(FOR GRAVY) - Cut into cubes
- Tomato (Tamatar)2 Nos(FOR GRAVY) - Cut into cubes
- Coriander Leaves (Hara Dhania)1/2 Cups(FOR GRAVY)
- Paneer400 Gm (Grams)Cut into cubes
- Milk Cream (Doodh ki Malai)1/2 Cupsor Cream
- Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Cumin Powder (Jeera Powder)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Turmeric Powder (Haldi Powder)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Salt (Namak)1.5 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Whole Wheat Flour (Atta)2 Tsp (Teaspoons)Or Rice flour
Palak Paneer Recipe or Spinach Paneer Recipe is a famous North India Paneer (Cheese) Recipe which is especially liked a lot in Punjabi culture. In fact, in every North Indian restaurant menu, you will find Palak Paneer as a must-to-have menu item.
You can prepare this delicious restaurant-style Palak Paneer Recipe at your home very easily. Palak Paneer is one of the most popular north Indian cousin dishes in India. Palak Paneer is best served with Missi roti or normal chapati but some people also like to have it with plain rice. We will prepare this Palak Paneer Recipe in two steps, in step one we will prepare Gravy and in the second step, we will add Paneer (Cheese) into it. So let’s see the recipe instructions for this famous Punjabi dish restaurant-style Palak Paneer Recipe at home
- Boil enough water in a big vessel to cook spinach. When the water starts boiling, add washed spinach and cook only for 1 minute and then add coriander leaves.
- Cook one more minute along with coriander leaves. So in total, you should cook only for 2 minutes. Do not cook more than 2 minutes in total.
- Then after 2 minutes of cooking of spinach, take them out, and immediately add in cold water to stop the spinach cooking process. To clarify, if you do not add Palak in cold water, it will keep cooking inside and it will lose it’s natural green color. (See Video)
- Now heat 1 TBsp oil in a large skillet. when the oil is hot, add cumin seeds.
- As when the cumin seeds start spluttering, add Garlic Cloves, Ginger and Onions and stir fry for 2 minutes till Onions start becoming translucent in color.
- Then add green chilies and fry for 2 more minutes.
- And then add Tomatoes and 1 Tsp of Salt. So salt will help Tomatoes to cook faster. Fry for 4 to 5 more minutes until the tomatoes become soft. Then take this mixture out in a bowl and leave aside to cool.
- When these spices are cool, take all these spices and the spinach in a grinder and grind well to form a fine smooth paste. Hence this will give you the gravy for your Palak Paneer Recipe. Keep aside.
- Dissolve 2 tsp of Wheat flour or Rice flour in 1/2 cup of water to form a flour paste and keep aside for later use.
Recipe Instructions for Palak Paneer Recipe
Time needed: 40 minutes.
Follow these recipe instructions for this delicious Palak Paneer Recipe.
- Cut Paneer into medium-sized cubes. Then shallow fry the Paneer to give them a light brown texture all around. You can optionally keep the Paneer raw if you do not want to fry it. Keep aside.
- Now in a big skillet, take 1 TBsp of oil. You can use the same remaining oil which you had used for Paneer fry.
- When the oil is medium hot, add spices powders. So add Turmeric powder, Cumin powder, Coriander Powder, and Red chili powder, and mix well. Stir fry just for 1 minute and immediately add the gravy that we had prepared earlier.
- Then mix well and add 1/2 Tsp of Salt. Make sure you do not add too much of Salt as we already had added Salt at the time of preparing spices mixture for gravy. You can adjust the salt as per taste later.
- Then mix well and let it cook on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes. Now add the flour paste that we had prepared earlier. This will give your Palak Paneer a real classic taste.
- Then add the Milk Cream, Garam Masala, and mix well. Keep the flame at medium heat.
- Now finally add the Paneer pieces into this gravy, mix well gently and cook covered on medium-low flame for 5 more minutes. Do not cook on high flame otherwise, it will lose its natural color.
- And that’s it, your Palak Paneer is ready. Serve hot with Roti, Missi Roti, Naan or Paratha. You can also serve it with rice if you like.
Want to see this Palak Paneer Recipe or Spinach Paneer Recipe in action? See the video here at our Official Meri Rasoi YouTube Channel. Subscribe to our YouTube Channel to get all recipes updates on the fly.
So, I hope you will enjoy this Mutton Korma Recipe. Now let’s check out a few other great recipes from Meri Rasoi.
Chilli Fish Recipe
Mutton Korma Recipe
Fish Masala Recipe (Fish Curry Recipe)
Fish Coconut (Nariyal) Chutney Recipe
Tandoori Chicken Recipe Restaurant Style in Electric Tandoor
Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe
Chicken Momos Recipe
Clear Chicken Soup Recipe
Homemade Vegetable Stock Recipe