- Chicken750 Gm (Grams)Preferably Chicken Wings
- Curd (Dahi)1/2 Cups
- All Purpose Flour (Maida)4 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Corn Flour4 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Ginger Garlic Paste (Adrak Lahsun ka Paste)1.5 Tsp (Teaspoons)Preferably homemade
- Chat Masala Powder2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Black Pepper Powder (Kali Mirch Powder)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)1.5 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Salt (Namak)1.5 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Egg (Anda)1 NosRaw egg content
- Mango Powder (Amchur Powder)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Red Food Color1/6 Tsp (Teaspoons)A small pinch
We all know when we say fried chicken recipe or chicken pakora recipe, Delhi style fried chicken comes at top of all the other fried chickens or chicken pakodas. Today I am going to tell you the secrets of Delhi style fried chicken recipe.
Though there are a lot of recipes available for fried chicken but old Delhi has its own specialty. Hence it is famous all around the country. People visiting Delhi specially goes to old Delhi to eat their fried chicken.
This fried chicken recipe will give you chicken pakoras which will be crunchy and crispy from outside and juicy inside. So let’s see the recipe instructions for this Delhi style chicken fry or chicken pakora at your home.
Marinate The Chicken for Delhi Style Fried Chicken Recipe
To get most of this chicken fried, we will marinate the chicken with a blend of spices. We will marinate this chicken in two steps. The first marination will be of 15 minutes and the second marination will be of 1 hour. So let’s see how to complete the marination process.
- Take chicken wings in a big bowl and add Ginger Garlic Paste, Red Chilli Powder, Salt, Black Pepper Powder, Coriander Powder, Chat Masala Powder, Raw egg content of one egg and curd.
- Mix all these well with your hands. Make sure that chicken pieces are properly coated with spices mixture. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes add Corn Flour, All Purpose Flour, Mango Powder (Amchur Powder), and a pinch of Red Food Color (Optional) to the chicken and mix well. If you do not want to use food color, you can add deghi mirch to give pakoras a nice red color tone.
- Keep it aside for one more hour.
Recipe Instructions for Chicken Fry Recipe
Time needed: 1 hour.
Now when the chicken is marinated, lets make our fried chicken pakoras. So we will fry chicken in two steps. In first we step we will just half fry the chicken on the medium-low flame so that the chicken is softly cooked from inside. Then in the second step, we will fry them again on high heat so the chicken becomes crispy outside. So follow these steps below.
- Heat enough refined vegetable oil in a big skillet. When the oil is medium hot, add marinated chicken pieces into it. Do not overcrowd but give the chicken pieces space to cook from all sides.
- Cook chicken on medium-low flame for around 3 minutes. Do not flip before 3 minutes otherwise the batter coating may break out from chicken pieces.
- Then after about 3 minutes flip the chicken pieces and fry for 5 to 6 more minutes. Make sure that you have to cook chicken in this first fry so keep the heat low.
- Then after 5 to 6 minutes of cooking at low heat, take the chicken pieces out gently and keep aside to let them cool. Do this with all the remaining chicken pieces. It is important that you let the chicken pieces cool for around 10 minutes before the second fry.
- Now when the chicken gets cool for about 10 minutes, let’s do the second fry. This time make sure that your oil is super hot. The second fry must be at high heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the half-fried chicken into it gently. Remember, that your chicken has already been cooked in the first fry. In second fry we just need to make it crunchy outside. So do not fry for more than 2 minutes in the second fry. This way the chicken pakodas will remain juicy inside and crunchy outside.
- And here you go – after 2 minutes of fry at high flame, take the chicken pakoras out on a tissue paper or kitchen towel to absorb excess oil. Take in a serving dish, sprinkle little chat masala, and serve hot with Tomato sauce or green chutney (Made from Green chilli and curd).
Want to see this Delhi Style Crispy Fried Chicken Recipe in action? See the video here at our Official Meri Rasoi YouTube Channel. Subscribe to our YouTube Channel to get all recipes updates on the fly.
So, I hope you will enjoy this Delhi Style Crispy Fried Chicken Recipe. Now let’s check out a few other great recipes from Meri Rasoi.
Chilli Fish Recipe
Palak Paneer Recipe (Spinach Paneer Recipe)
Mutton Korma Recipe
Fish Masala Recipe (Fish Curry Recipe)
Fish Coconut (Nariyal) Chutney Recipe
Tandoori Chicken Recipe Restaurant Style in Electric Tandoor
Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe
Chicken Momos Recipe
Clear Chicken Soup Recipe
Homemade Vegetable Stock Recipe
Ummmmm… Yummy.. this fried chicken is looking awesome