- Milk (Doodh)2 L (Liters)
- Chironji2 TBsp (Tablespoons)
- Cashews Nuts (Kaju)2 TBsp (Tablespoons)
- Pistachio Nuts (Pista)2 TBsp (Tablespoons)
- Dried Dates (Chhuhara)2 TBsp (Tablespoons)Soak in water overnight, then slice
- Raisins (Kishmish or Munakka)2 TBsp (Tablespoons)
- Almonds (Badam)2 TBsp (Tablespoons)(Soak in water overnight, then peel and slice)
- Clarified Butter (Ghee)4 TBsp (Tablespoons)Desi Ghee
- Cardamom Green Powder (Chhoti ilaichi Powder)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Sweetened Condensed Milk400 Gm (Grams)
- Thin Vermicelli (Bareek Seviyan)75 Gm (Grams)
Learn how to make sheer khurma! The main ingredients used in Sheer Khurma are vermicelli, whole milk, sugar and dates, but you can add dry fruits of your choice. A must try recipe. Sheer khurma literally means milk with dates. In fact Sheer khurma is a most loved eid recipe in Indian subcontinent. Sheer khurma is very delicious sweet dish served on eid festival. Its very easy to prepare sheer khurma at home. In fact, Eid festival is incomplete until and unless you have Sheer Khurma. Sheer Khurma is an authentic version of vermicelli pudding recipe specially prepared for Eid festival. ‘Sheer’ is the Persian name for milk and ‘khurma’ is another word for dates (Khajoor or chuahara). See how easy is to prepare this eid special sheer khurma recipe at home. #sheerkhurmarecipe #eidrecipe #sheerrecipe #merirasoi
Step 1 – Roast the Dry Fruits
- Wash all the dry fruits properly and dry with the help of a clean cotton cloth or kitchen towel.
- Then heat 2 TBsp Desi Ghee (Clarified Butter) in a pan on low flame.
- Add all the dry fruits i.e. Chironji, Cashew Nuts, Pistachio Nuts, Soaked and Sliced Dried Dates (Chuhara), Raisins (Kishmish), Soaked and Sliced Almonds.
- Stir fry dry fruits for 2 to 3 minutes at low flame. Make sure you stir fry the dry fruits on lowest flame. Do not overcook. Take out and keep aside.
- Then add 2 TBsp Desi Ghee (Clarified Butter) more in same pan.
- Then add vermicelli and fry for 2 to 3 Minutes on low flame. Do not overcook.
Step 2 – Let’s See How To Make Sheer Khurma
Now when we have all the dried fruits and vermicelli fried, let’s prepare the Sheer Khurma. Follow these simple recipe instructions to make Sheer Khurma.
Time needed: 40 minutes.
Follow these simple recipe instructions to prepare delicious sheer khurma dessert dish at home.
- Take 2 Liters of full cream milk in a heavy bottomed, wide mouth pan. Bring this milk to a boil on high flame.
- When milk starts boiling, put the gas flame to low. At low flame, add fried dry fruits.
- Then stir cook on medium flame until the milk quantity is reduced to ¾ of it’s original quantity. So in our case if we have 2 Liters of milk, it should remain 1.5 Liters.
- Make sure you keep stirring the milk regularly so the milk should not burn and stick at bottom.
- When milk is reduced to about 1.5 Liters, add vermicelli (seviyan).
- Add sweetened condensed milk. If you are using condensed milk, then there is no need to add additional Sugar. But if you are using Khoya (Mawa) instead of condensed milk, then add ¾ cup of Sugar.
- Then stir cook the sheer khurma at medium low flame for 8 to 10 minutes. Make sure you keep stirring occasionally to avoid burning of sheer khurma at bottom of pan.
- Your sheer khurma is ready, dish out in a serving dish and keep in refrigerator for 5 to 6 hours.
- Serve your yummy delicious dessert sheer khurma chilled.
Hope you will enjoy your Sheer Khurma Recipe. See few of our great recipes below:
Easy Egg Biryani Recipe | Easy Egg Dum Biryani | Egg Biryani in Kadhai | Anda Biryani
Muradabadi Yakhni Mutton Biryani
Egg Maggi Masala | Breakfast Recipe | Street Style Anda Maggie Masala
Fish Kofta Curry Recipe | Fish Meatball Recipe | Fish Kofta Masala Recipe
Dhaba Style Chicken Keema Recipe | Minced Butter Chicken Recipe | Chicken Keema Recipe