- All Purpose Flour (Maida)2 Cups
- Semolina (Suji, Rawa)3 Tsp (Teaspoons)Thin Semolina (Bareek Rawa)
- Curd (Dahi)3 Tsp (Teaspoons)Plain Yogurt
- Sugar (Chini)3 Cups
- Water (Paani)2 Cups
- Baking Soda1/4 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Water (Paani)1.5 Cupswarm water
- Cardamom Green Powder (Chhoti ilaichi Powder)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Saffron Strands (Kesar)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)slowly dry-roasted and powdered
- Screwpine Essence (Kewra Water)1.5 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Clarified Butter (Ghee)enough for deep frying
Jalebi is one of the most delicious sweets widely used in India. Hindu festivals Diwali and Holi are almost incomplete without sweets. And the Jalebi is a must to be there sweet on these festivals. In fact, the Jalebi is a sweet of almost daily use in many parts of the country especially in Haryana state of India. Jalebi sweet is served not only in India, but the whole Indian continent. See the preparation method for this delicious crispy kurkuri Jalebi Recipe and see how easy is to prepare Kurkuri Jalebi at home.
Preparation Steps for Kurkuri Jalebi Recipe
And here you go – see the preparation steps for this sweet crispy kurkuri Jalebi Recipe at home.
- Take All Purpose Flour (Maida), Semolina (Suji or bareek Rawa) , Curd, Baking powder and little warm water in a bowl. Then mix well with the help of a whisk. You have to whisk it for few minutes well to form a smooth consistency flowing batter. Add warm water as needed to make a thick but flowing consistency batter.
- Then add a pinch of Saffron Powder and mix well with help the whisk until it is mixed smoothly and gives the batter a nice orange color. Then Keep this batter aside for 2 to 3 hours at a warm place to allow fermentation.
- In the meantime, lets prepare Sugar Syrup (Chashni). Cook 3 cups of Sugar in 2 cups of water to make Sugar Syrup with one string consistency. When the Sugar Syrup is almost ready, add remaining Saffron and the Cardamom Powder. Cardamom Powder will give it very nice aromatic flavor. Mix well and take the sugar syrup out of flame, keep aside in a wide mouth vessel.
- Now after 2 to 3 hours, when the batter is fermented well, heat enough Ghee (Clarified Butter) in a wider kadhai (skillet). When Ghee is hot, then whisk the batter thoroughly and pour batter into kadhai in a steady stream with help of a cloth with hole. Pour the batter in form of few same sized coils (Jalebi).
- Deep fry Jalebi coils for 1 to 2 minutes until the Jalebi are crisp and golden in color. Make sure your Jalebi are not over cooked and they do not turn brown in color.
- When Jalebi are ready, take them out of skillet (kadahi). Drain the excess of ghee in same kadahi, and immediately immerse them in prepared sugar syrup. Make sure you do not take much time before adding Jalebis in Sugar syrup. Otherwise Jalebis will become harder and will not soak Sugar syrup inside. So as when you take them out of Ghee, immediately immerse them in Sugar Syrup.
- Leave the Jalebi in sugar syrup for around 2 to 3 minutes so that Jalebis soak the syrup well.
- And here you go – your Jalebi are ready. Take them out of syrup and put on a strainer to drain access Sugar syrup for a minute. Then serve hot
So enjoyed the Jalebi Recipe? Good, you may also want to see few other great recipes from our list
Jalebi makes a healthier combination with milk. Some gym freak people eat Jalebi soaked in milk overnight to boost their stamina.