- All Purpose Flour (Maida)2 cups
- Semolina (Suji) or Rice Flour1.5 tablespoons
- Curd (plain yogurt)2 teaspoons
- Sugar3 cups
- Water2.5 cups
- Baking powder1/4 teaspoons
- Warm Water1.5 cups
- Green Cardamom Seeds Powder1/2 teaspoons
- Saffron threads1.5 teaspoonsslowly dry-roasted and powdered
- Kewra Water or Rose Water1.5 tablespoons
- Gheeenough for deep frying
Jalebi is one of the most delicious sweets widely used in India. Hindu festivals Diwali and holi are almost incomplete without sweets. And the Jalebi is a must to be there sweet on these festivals. In fact, the Jalebi is a sweet of almost daily use in many parts of the country. Jalebi sweet is served not only in India, but all the Indian continents. See the preparation method for this delicious jalebi recipe and see how easy is to prepare the Jalebi at home.
Preparation Steps for Jalebi Recipe
1. Take the refined wheat flour (maida), semolina (suji) or rice flour, curd, baking powder and ¾ cup of the water in a bowl (preferably a ceramic bowl) and mix well with the help of a whisk.
2. Now add the remaining water and a pinch of saffron powder (Approximate 1/8 tsp) and mix well with the help of a whisk until it is mixed smoothly with the batter. Keep the batter aside for 2 hours to allow the fermentation.
3. Cook the sugar in 3 cups of water to make syrup with one string consistency. When the syrup is almost ready, add remaining saffron and the cardamom powder. Mix well and take the sugar syrup out of the flame.
4. Now heat the enough ghee in a wider kadhai (skillet). When the ghee is hot, Whisk the batter thoroughly and pour the batter into kadhai in a steady stream with the help of a cloth with hole or with the help of a coconut shell with a hole. Pour the batter in the form of few coils (jalebi).
5. Deep fry the jalebi coils for 1-2 minutes until the jalebi are crisp and golden in color. Make sure that the jalebi are not over cooked and they do not turn brown in color.
6. When the jalebi are ready, take them out of skillet (kadhai), drain the excess of ghee and immerse the jalebi in prepared sugar syrup.
7. Leave the jalebi in sugar syrup for around 4-5 minutes so that the jalebi soak the syrup well.
Your jalebi is ready, take them out of syrup and serve hot.
Jalebi makes a healthier combination with milk. Some gym freak people eats Jalebi saoked in milk overnight to boost their stamina.