- Apple3 nos3 nos, medium size
- Milk2 Liters
- Sugar8 Teaspoons
- Almonds10 nosblanched and sliced - 10 nos
- Pistachios10 nosblanched and sliced - 10 nos
- Green Cardamom (chhoti ilaychi) Powder¼ Teaspoons
- Bread crumbs1 Tablespoons
Apple rabri is a punjabi sweet and very tasty Indian sweet. Flavoured with grated apple, apple rabdi recipe is one of most popular rabri recipes in north India. It’s a delicious sweet recipe that your guests will appreciate most out of your other dessert items. Here are the steps to prepare the Punjabi apple rabdi.
Preparation Steps for Punjabi Apple Rabdi Recipe
1. Apply some ghee or butter on a pan and grease it well with this ghee/butter.
2. Now cook the milk on high flame until it starts boiling. When the milk comes to boil, reduce heat to medium-low and let it cook for around 30 minutes stirring frequently until the milk reduced to 1/4 of it’s original quantity.
3. Get the milk reduced to 1/4 of its original quantity (around 2 cups) or until it is thickened in form of rabdi.
4. Now add sugar and breadcrumb to it and cook on low flame. Keep stirring continuously.
5. Take two apples, peel them and grate them finely.
6. Add these grated apples to the reduced milk and mix it well. Cook it on low flame for another 3 to 4 minutes.
7. Take the pan out of gas and let it cool for 10 minutes. When apple rabri is cool, blend the rabri with help of blender.
8. Now add the almonds, cardamom powder and pistachios; and mix well. Take the rabri in a separate bowl and keep in refrigerator for 1 hour to chill.
4. Your apple rabdi is ready, serve chilled, garnished with remaining apple cut into thin slices.
Please note that grated apples should only be added at last when the milk is thickened into the form of rabri. Do not add in middle.