- Apple (Seb)3 Nosmedium sized
- Milk (Doodh)2 L (Liters)Whole Milk
- Sugar (Chini)1/2 Cups
- Almonds (Badam)10 Nosblanched and sliced
- Pistachio Nuts (Pista)10 Nossliced
- Cardamom Green Powder (Chhoti ilaichi Powder)1/4 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Bread Crumbs1 TBsp (Tablespoons)
Apple Rabri Recipe also spelled as Apple Rabdi Recipe is a Punjabi sweets recipe and very tasty Indian dessert. Flavoured with grated apple, Apple Rabdi (Rabri) recipe is one of most popular Rabri recipes in north India. Its so delicious dessert in taste that your guests will appreciate most out of your other dessert items. You can easily make this Rabri at home with this simple Punjabi Apple Rabri Recipe.
Preparation Steps for Punjabi Apple Rabdi Recipe
So, follow these simple steps for this delicious dessert Punjabi Apple Rabdi Recipe.
- Apply some Ghee or Butter in a deep and heavy bottom pan and grease it well with this Ghee/Butter.
- Then add whole milk and heat it on high flame to bring it to boil. When Milk starts boiling reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer this milk at low heat while stirring frequently. Get the milk reduced to 1/4 of its original quantity (around two cups).
- In the meantime take two apples, peel them and grate them finely. Keep aside for later use.
- When the milk quantity is reduced to 2 cups, then add Sugar and Bread Crumb to it and simmer on low flame for 5 more minutes. Keep stirring continuously. When the Rabri is really thickened, just switch off the gas.
- Then immediately add grated apples to the reduced and thickened Milk (Rabdi) and mix it well. Remember that Apple has citric acid in it so if you keep temperature high at this time it can start curdling the milk.
- Take the pan out of gas and let it cool for 10 minutes. When Apple Rabri (Rabdi) is cool, blend the Apple Rabri with help of a blender.
- Now add the Almonds, Cardamom powder and Pistachios; and mix well. Take the Apple Rabdi in a separate bowl and keep in refrigerator for 2 hours to chill.
- And here you go – your Apple Rabdi is ready, serve chilled, garnished with remaining apple cut into thin slices and some Pistachios.
Checkout these great recipes too from Meri Rasoi
Aloo Chat Recipe
Chilli Fish Recipe
Homemade Vegetable Stock Recipe
Khasta Urad Dal Kachori Recipe
Please note that grated apples should only be added at last when the milk is thickened into the form of rabri. Do not add in middle.