- Potato (Aloo)4 Nospeeled and cut in cubes of 1/2 inch
- Ginger Fresh (Adrak)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)thinly chopped
- Coriander Leaves (Hara Dhania)1/4 Cupschopped
- Lemon Juice (Neembu Ras)3 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Chat Masala Powder1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Cumin Powder (Jeera Powder)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)powder of roasted cumin seeds
- Salt (Namak)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Green Chutney (Hari Chutney)1 TBsp (Tablespoons)chutney of 6 to 8 Green Chillies 1 TBsp curd, 1/4 Tsp Salt
- Vegetable Oil4 TBsp (Tablespoons)for shallow fry
Aloo Chat Recipe is very popular Indian street food snacks recipe. Indian street food has it’s own specialty and many people who visits India from other countries especially want to taste Indian street food. Though Aloo chat is a street food but you can make it at home easily. This Aloo Chat Recipe will give you a spicy, crispy and tangy in taste snack to explore your taste buds. Though Aloo chat is a North Indian snack but is very popular all around the country.
Preparation Steps for Aloo Chat Recipe
Time needed: 15 minutes.
Enough said about this amazing crispy and tangy Aloo Chat Recipe, now lets go ahead and make it your own. Follow these simple steps to prepare this famous Indian street food Aloo Chat at home.
- Take 3 Tsp of Lemon Juice, grated Ginger and 1/4 Tsp of salt (you can adjust the salt according to taste later) in a small bowl and mix well. Keep this mixture aside till next use. This will give your Aloo chat a tangy taste while serving.
- Heat the Oil in a skillet (Kadahi) on medium flame. When Oil is medium hot, add Potato cubes and shallow fry till Potato cubes are crisp and golden in color from all sides. Keep stirring in between.
- When Potato cubes are fried well to get a golden color and a crisp layer around, add chopped Coriander Leaves and fry for few seconds. Then immediately take Potatoes out on an paper towel or tissue paper to absorb excess oil.
- Add the drained Potato cubes into a big bowl and then add Chat Masala, Red Chilli Powder, Cumin Powder and Green Chutney. Also add the Lemon and Ginger mixture that we had prepared earlier. Now mix all these well. You can adjust the quantity of Green Chutney and Salt as per your taste.
- Your Crispy Aloo Chat is ready; serve in serving bowls.
I am sure you will love this Aloo Chat Recipe. Now lets check few other great recipes from Meri Rasoi below.
You can serve this Aloo chat along with curd or your favorite sauce too.