- Whole Wheat Flour (Atta)4 Cups
- Salt (Namak)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)or to taste (FOR DOUGH)
- Water (Paani)2 Cups(as needed to make flour dough)
- Paneer100 Gm (Grams)grated
- Onion (Pyaz)1 Noschopped
- Coriander Leaves (Hara Dhania)2 Tsp (Teaspoons)finely chopped
- Green Chillies (Hari Mirch)2 Nosfinely chopped
- Ginger Fresh (Adrak)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)grated
- Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Garam Masala Powder1/4 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Salt (Namak)1/4 Tsp (Teaspoons)for FILLING (STUFFING)
- Carom Seeds (Ajwain)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Butter (Makkhan)1 TBsp (Tablespoons)or Vegetable Oil for frying
Cheese Paratha Recipe or Paneer Paratha Recipe is very common breakfast recipe used most part of in India. Cheese paratha is a dish from land of Punjab and especially very popular in north India. Its a very common Punjabi food and the important part of breakfast for most of the Punjabi people. Cheese paratha can be best served with butter, curd or pickle.
Preparation Steps for Paneer Paratha Recipe or Cheese Paratha Recipe
So, lets see the preparation method for this Punjabi breakfast recipe and enjoy your cheese paratha in today’s breakfast.
- Knead a soft dough of Wheat flour along with 1/4 Tsp of Salt you would do for any Paratha/Roti. Keep the dough aside.
- Then in a separate big bowl, take Grated Paneer, Chopped Onion, Coriander Leaves, Green Chillies, Ginger, Red Chili Powder, Garam Masala Powder, 1/4 Tsp of Salt and Carom Seeds. Mix all ingredients properly to make the stuffing/filling of equal consistency.
- Now make two medium and equal sized Chapatis, add 1 spoon full of filling mixture to one chapati and cover it with the second one. Now roll it slightly sealing the corners.
- Then cook this Paratha on a pre-heated flat griddle (tawa). Apply 1 Tsp of Butter on top of Paratha, Ghee or of Vegetable Oil. When cooked from one side, turn it and pour 1 Tsp Butter over the cooked side.
- Spread the Butter on Paneer paratha and shallow fry at low heat till the Paratha is Golden Brown.
- Your Paneer Paratha/Cheese Paratha is ready. Serve hot with Butter, Curd and your favorite Pickle or Chutney.
So, we hope you will enjoy this Paneer Paratha as Punjabi’s do. In the meantime, lets checkout few other great picks for you from Meri Rasoi.