- Chicken750 Gm (Grams)Boneless
- Onion (Pyaz)1 Nos(Large, chopped)
- Green Chillies (Hari Mirch)5 Nos
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder (Kashmiri Lal Mirch Powder)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Yellow Chilli Powder (Pili Mirch Powder)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)Or Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)
- Salt (Namak)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Cumin Powder (Jeera Powder)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Turmeric Powder (Haldi Powder)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Ginger Garlic Paste (Adrak Lahsun ka Paste)2 Tsp (Teaspoons)Preferably Homemade
- Chat Masala Powder1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Mango Powder (Amchur Powder)1/4 Tsp (Teaspoons)Or 1 Tsp of Lemon Juice (Neembu Ras)
- Garam Masala Powder1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Coriander Leaves (Hara Dhania)1/2 Cups
- Roasted Chickpeas Black Powder Chana Powder)2 Tsp (Teaspoons)Optional if required to thicken the mixture
Learn how to make Chicken Seekh Kabab in pan at home. Here are the recipe instructions for Delhi Qureshi Style Chicken Seekh Kabab Recipe. If you like kababs and you have visited Jama Masjid, old Delhi to eat kabab, you must have heard about “Qureshi Kababs”. Most people who ate their Chicken Kababs once, wonders about Recipe for those Chicken Kababs. These seekh kababs are internationally popular. Today I am going to give you recipe of these amazing chicken seekh kababs. Though they at Qureshi kababs make seekh kabas at coal but we will make these amazing seekh kababs in a pan at home. I will also tell you how to give these kababs the same wonderful Smokey flavor, while making kababs in pan.
If you have charcoal furnace/tandoor available, you can also make these chicken seekh kababs over charcoal. There are varieties of seekh kababs and everybody has it’s own way of making kababs. Today we are going to make Chicken seekh kababs in pan. These chicken seekh kababs are so easy to make at home that even if you making first time, these cicken kabas are going to be awesome. So let’s enjoy this chicken seekh kabab recipe. #SeekhKabab #QureshiKabab #merirasoi #ChickenSeekhKabab
Step 1 – Prepare the Chicken Mixture
It’s easy to make Delhi Qureshi Kabab style Chicken seekh kabab at home in a non-stick frying pan. We will give this Chicken Kabab Recipe the same smoky flavor as of Kababs made at Charcoal. And we are going to use a trick for that. This little trick will help our Chicken Kababs to have that amazing charcoal flavor and the taste of all goodness of Chicken kababs. So let’s get started and follow these simple recipe instructions to make our spicy, mouth melting Chicken kababs.
- Wash 750 Grams boneless Chicken properly and then keep it in a strainer for about 30 minutes so all the water should be extracted out. This is very important to keep our chicken kabab mixture as tight as possible to make nice firm seekh kababs. So make sure all the water from Chicken is strained well.
- Once all the water is strained from Chicken, grind the Chicken pieces in a food processor or grinder to make a coarse mixture of Chicken meat. Do not overcrowd the grinder but grind in small chunks.
- Take the ground chicken meat in a large bowl and add kabab spices. So add 1 Nos Chopped Onion (प्याज़), 5 to 6 Nos Green Chillies (हरी मिर्च), 1 Tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder (कश्मीरी लाल मिर्च) (Optional), 1 Tsp Yellow Chilli Powder (पीली मिर्च) OR Red Chilli Powder (लाल मिर्च पाउडर), 1 Tsp Salt (नमक), 1 Tsp Cumin Powder, ½ Tsp Turmeric Powder (हल्दी पाउडर), 2 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste (अदरक लहसुन पेस्ट), 1 Tsp Chat Masala Powder, ¼ Tsp Mango Powder OR 1 Tsp Lemon Juice, 1 Tsp Garam Masala Powder and ½ Cup Coriander Leaves (हरा धनिया).
* Try if you can use homemade Ginger Garlic Paste. To make Ginger Garlic paste at home take 40% of Ginger and 60% of Garlic and grind them in a grinder with little water to make a fine paste. You can preserve this Ginger Garlic Paste in refrigerator for 15 days.
** “Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder” is not much spicy and used just to give your Chicken Kababs a nice color. You can leave it if not available.
- Mix all the ingredients with chicken well with your hands. The mixture consistency should be thick so that it can be easily rolled out as the Kababs.
- If the Chicken mixture consistency is being less thick, you can optionally add 2 to 3 Tsp of Roasted Black Grams Powder (Optional) to the mixture and mix well. This will absorb excess water and your chicken mixture will get the required consistency. See This Chicken Seekh Kabab Recipe Video In Action Here.
- And now we are going to give our Chicken a nice smoky flavor so you will feel as if it is cooked over charcoal. To do that, make some space in center of Chicken mixture. Inside this space put a little steel bowl.
- Heat a big piece of Charcoal well and place this hot charcoal piece into the steel bowl that we had placed in center of Chicken mixture.
- Pour 1 tsp of oil or butter on this hot charcoal piece and immediately cover the Chicken mixture with a plate. The Charcoal will emit smoke which will give our Chicken mixture a nice aromatic smoky flavor. See This Chicken Seekh Kabab Recipe Video In Action Here.
- Let it covered with plate for 2 minutes and then open the plate. Take the charcoal bowl out of Chicken mixture.
- Mix the chicken mixture again well with your hands and our Chicken mixture is ready to roll out into Chicken Seekh Kababs.
- To roll out Chicken mixture in shape of Seekh kabab, divide all the chicken meat mixture into equal sized meatballs of about 1.5 inch in size.
- Now take a thick iron skewer rod that is used to make seekh kababs. Take a meatball and with the iron rod, rollout it in form of Seekh Kabab. See This Chicken Seekh Kabab Recipe Video In Action Here.
- Grease a plate with little Oil. Then prepare 5 to 6 Seekh kababs first that can be fried in one batch and keep them ready in plate.
Step 2 – Finally, How to Make Chicken Seekh Kabab in Pan
Time needed: 30 minutes.
So, we have raw kababs ready, this is the time to shallow fry the Kababs in a pan. Follow these simple recipe instructions for this yummy Chicken Kabab Recipe.
- Heat 2 TBsp Oil in a not-stick frying pan on medium flame. Remember, we have to shallow fry the Chicken Seekh Kababs in very less Oil, so do not deep fry.
- When Oil is hot, gently add all the prepared Chicken Kababs one by one in frying pan. Then switch the gas flame to low. Rest of the Kabab’s cooking will be done at low flame only.
- Let the Chicken Kababs fry from one side for 3 to 4 minutes. In the meantime, you can prepare the raw Kababs from rest of the meatballs for next batch and keep them ready in a plate.
- When Chicken Kababs are fried from one side, flip them to fry from other side too. Fry for 3 to 4 minutes from other side too at low flame.
- When cooked, take them out in a plate and brush with Butter properly. This brushing with Butter will make your Chicken Kababs even softer. In fact in Delhi at “Qureshi Kababs”, they just put enough melted butter in a palate and dip the Kababs in that butter. You can also do the same, if you like that much of butter.
However, if you do not like that much of butter, you can simply brush the Chicken Kababs with melted Butter.
- You spicy and Delhi (India) style Chicken Seekh Kababs are ready. Serve hot with Onion rings, Lemon and your favorite Chutney.
Hope you will enjoy this spicy and yummy Fish Kofta Cury Masala (Fish Meatballs) Recipe. Now check out few more great recipes from Meri Rasoi.
Lal Masoor Dal Tadka Recipe | Lal Masoor Dal Recipe | Red Lentils Recipe | ढाबा स्टाइल लाल मसूर दाल
Indian Masala Omelette Recipe | Spicy Omelets Recipe | नार्मल आमलेट से हो बोर तो बनाइये मसाला आमलेट
Restaurant Style Mutter Paneer Recipe | एकदम रेस्टोरेंट जैसा मटर पनीर घर पे बनायें बिलकुल आसानी से
Home Made Biryani Masala Recipe | How to Make Biryani Masala at Home | Biryani Masala
Hyderabadi Mutton Dum Biryani | Mutton Dum Biryani Recipe | Layer Biryani Recipe
Restaurant Style Chilli Chicken | Chilli Chicken Recipe | Chinese Chicken
Restaurant Style Chicken 65 Recipe | Easy Chicken 65 Recipe
Kadai Chicken Recipe | How To Make Kadai Chicken | Restaurant Style