- Black Grams (Kaala Chana)100 Gramssoaked in water for 5 to 6 hours
- Green Chillis44 nos, chopped
- Onions22 nos, chopped
- Ginger Garlic paste1 Teaspoonsprefer homemade ginger garlic paste
- Garam Masala Powder1/4 Teaspoons
- Coriander Leaves (Hara Dhania)1/4 Cups
- Refined Vegetable Oilfor deep fry
- Salt1/2 Teaspoonsor to taste
Vegetable Kabab is a south Indian appetizer. There are variety of vegetable kabab recipes prepared in India. This vegetable kabab is prepared by frying the kabab balls made with a fine paste of black grams mixed with other ingredients. Vegetable kabab is good alternative for those who like kababs but can’t eat non-veg/meat. Let see how to prepare the vegetable kababs.
Preparation Steps for Vegetable Kabab Recipe
1. Wash the black grams properly and soak into water for 5 to 6 hours.
2. Take the soaked black grams in a grinder and grind them well to form a smooth paste.
3. Mix chopped green chillis, chopped onions, ginger-garlic paste, garam masala powder and salt to this paste and grind again to form a smooth paste. If required, add a little water so that you can make the medium-firm kabab balls from the paste.
4. Mix coriander leaves and make medium sized vegetable kabab balls from the above prepared paste.
5. Heat oil in a deep frying pan/ kadhai on high heat. Make sure that the oil is enough so that all the vegetable kabab balls dip well in it.
6. Once the oil is hot, reduce the heat to medium flame and place the kabab balls into oil. Deep fry the vegetable kabab balls till they are light brown. Do not overcook.
7. Serve hot with green chutney or your favorite sauce.
Do not overcook the kababs, keep light brown. Serve hot with hot tea and chutney or sauce.