- ***FOR DOUGH***
- Whole Wheat Flour (Atta)2 Cups
- Salt (Namak)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Vegetable Oil4 TBsp (Tablespoons)
- Carom Seeds (Ajwain)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)roasted and crushed with hands
- ***FOR FILLING (STUFFING)***
- White Lentils (Urad Dal Safed)1 Cups
- Vegetable Oil2 TBsp (Tablespoons)
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Aniseed (Saunf)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Asafoetida (Hing)1/4 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Ginger Fresh (Adrak)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)grated or paste
- Green Chillies (Hari Mirch)3 Nosthinly chopped
- Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Garam Masala Powder1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Mango Powder (Amchur Powder)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Salt (Namak)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
Khasta dal kachori… ummm….. my mouth is watering.. isn’t yours? Khasta dal kachori can be prepared with urad dal, moong dal or toor dal. Here we are showing you preparation steps for Khasta Urad Dal Kachori Recipe so we will prepare it from urad dal..
In market it is prepared with All Purpose Flour (Maida) but if you dont like Maida, here I have prepared it with Aata (Wheat Flour). This Urad Dal kachori will give you the same taste with the healthiness of Aata.
Urad Dal kachori is one of the tasty and spicy snacks in India. This is best served with green chutney or your favorite sauce along with hot tea. You can also serve it with aloo subji. Urad dal kachori is prepared by stuffing the Urad dal filling mixture in kachoris prepared from wheat flour dough.
So let see the preparation method of khasta urad dal kachori recipe.
Preparation Steps for Khasta Urad Dal Kachori Recipe
- Clean Urad dal properly, pick and remove stones, if any. Then wash urad dal, and soak in water overnight.
- When you are ready to make Kachories, sift 2 cups of wheat flour with a sieve. Add 1/2 Tsp salt, 4 TBsp of vegetable oil and 1/2 tsp of crushed Ajwain to it. Then kneed this dough with your hands properly. Add water gradually as required to make a soft dough.
- Then cover the flour dough with damp cloth and leave aside for 30 minutes at warm place.
Lets Make the Stuffing
- Drain the soaked urad dal, and coarse grind it in grinder. Make sure you do not make a fine paste but keep it coarse. Take it out and keep aside in a bowl.
- Then heat 2 TBsp vegetable Oil in a non-stick pan. Once oil is hot, add Cumin seeds (Jeera), Saunf, Hing, Ginger paste and Green Chllis.
- Stir fry for a minute and add the Urad dal paste to it. At the same time also add Coriander Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Garam Masala Powder, Amchoor Powder and 1/2 Tsp of Salt. Mix well and stir fry for 7 to 8 minutes on medium flame.
- When Dal is well fried take it out in a bowl and keep it aside to cool.
Lets Make Urad Dal Kachori Now
- With wet hands, divide the dough into 10 to 12 equal sized balls, smear each portion with a little oil. Flatten one dough ball and roll out into 2 inch round kachori.
- Wrap one portion of above prepared Urad Dal stuffing mixture in each round kachori, seal the corners properly and roll into a smooth ball using greased hands. Make sure there is no opening at any side.
- Then flatten and roll it into a 3 to 4 inch round Dal Kachori. Also repeat same process with all the remaining dough rounds kachoris.
- Now heat enough Oil in a deep frying pan or a skillet on medium flame. When oil is medium hot, take rolled Dal Kachori and carefully put them into the oil one by one. Do not overcrowd the oil but just 4-5 at a time as per size of your skillet. Do not keep on high heat but fry on medium-low heat.
- In between keep flickering oil over the top of kachori with a spatula so that it will swell up.
- Fry Dal Kachori for 2 to 3 minutes from one side then flip over and cook other side until they are golden brown in color. Make sure oil should not be on high heat. It should be on medium-low heat.
- Let Kachoris fry from other side also for 3 to 4 more minutes. Once Dal kachori are well cooked, take them out of oil and remove excess oil by putting them on pepper towel.
- Repeat the same process with all remaining Urad Dal Kachoris and here you go – your khasta dal kachori is ready, serve hot with your favorite chutney or aaloo sabji.
Hope you will enjoy making your Khasta Urad Dal Kachori at home. Now lets check out few other great recipes from our Menu.