Khasta Urad Dal Kachori Recipe
Khasta dal kachori… ummm….. my mouth is watering.. isn’t yours? Khasta dal kachori can be prepared with urad dal, moong dal or toor dal. This version of dal kachori is prepared from urad dal. Dal kachori is one of the very tasty and spicy snacks in India. Urad dal kachori is best served with green chutney or your favorite sauce along with hot tea. Urad dal kachori is prepared by stuffing the urad dal stuffing in kachories prepared from wheat flour. See the preparation method of khasta urad dal kachori.
Preparation Steps for Khasta Urad Dal Kachori Recipe
1. Clean the urad dal properly, pick and remove stones, if any. Wash urad dal, and soak in water overnight.
2. Sift the wheat flour and gradually add water and knead to make soft dough. Cover the flour dough with damp cloth and leave aside for 30 minutes at warm place.
3. Drain the soaked urad dal, and grind it with the chili powder, salt, green chillies, anise seeds (saunf), coriander seeds, white cumin seeds and asafetida (hing). Mix well this stuffing mixture and divide it into 16 equal portions
4. With wet hands, divide the dough into 16 equal balls, smear each portion with a little oil.
5. Flatten one dough ball and roll out into 2 inch round kachori.
6. Wrap one portion of above prepared stuffing mixture in each round kachori, seal the corners and roll into a smooth ball using greased hands.
7. Flatten and roll into a 3-4 inch round dal kachori. Repeat the same process with all the remaining 15 dough rounds kachories.
8. Heat enough oil in a deep frying pan or a skillet. When the oil is hot, take the rolled dal kachori and carefully put them into the hot oil one by one. Do not put more at one time… just 4-5 at a time.
9. As when you put the dal kachori in hot oil, immediately start flickering hot oil over the top of kachori with a spatula so that it will swell up like a ball.
10. Fry the dal kachori from one side only for few seconds and flip the dal kachori over and cook other side until the dal kachori is golden brown in color.
11. Take the dal kachori out of oil and remove excess oil by putting them on pepper towel.
Your khasta dal kachori is ready, serve hot with your favorite chutney or tomato saus.