- Cauliflower (Gobi)2 Nos(Also called Gobhi)
- Onion (Pyaz)1 Noschopped
- Green Chillies (Hari Mirch)4 Noschopped
- Ginger Paste (Adrak Paste)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Cumin Powder (Jeera Powder)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Curd (Dahi)1 CupsPlain Yogurt
- Coriander Leaves (Hara Dhania)1/2 Cupschopped
- Clarified Butter (Ghee)1/2 CupsOr Vegetable Oil
- Whole Wheat Flour (Atta)enough to make 8 parathasKneaded to Soft Dough
- Salt (Namak)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
I am sure that the name of Gobi ka Paratha Breakfast Recipe will let your mouth watering. Gobi Paratha or also spelled as Gobhi Paratha is a North Indian Cuisine Recipe and is very popular across the Country. In fact this Breakfast Paratha is a must to have food item in menu of almost all north Indian Restaurants and Dhabas. Gobi paratha is an integral part of breakfast for Punjabis and is equally popular as of the Aloo Paratha. So lets see how to prepare this tasty, spicy Gobi Paratha at home.
Preparation Steps for Gobi Paratha Recipe
Follow these simple steps for Gobi Paratha Recipe.
- Take Cauliflower (Gobi) and chop into small pieces;. Then wash properly in warm water. It is advised to dip wash Gobi (Gobhi) in warm water as it normally has pesticides spread over it.
- Then take the washed and drained Cauliflower florets in a large bowl and sprinkle Salt on them. Mix properly and set aside for 10 minutes. Then after 10 minutes, take cauliflower florets and squeeze it to remove the water off.
- Now in this squeezed Cauliflower, add other Ingredients i.e. chopped Onions, Cumin Powder (Jeera Powder), Chopped Green Chillies, Ginger Paste, chopped Coriander Leaves and Salt to taste. Mix all these ingredients well to prepare the filling mixture (stuffing) for your “Gobi ka Paratha”.
- Now prepare the Dough normally as you would do for a normal Chapatti/Roti.
- Then take the dough for one chapatti and flatten it up to 2 inches round. Take 1 tablespoon of prepared filling mixture and put in the center of flattened dough.
- Then draw the edges of dough chapati towards center and cover the mixture properly from all sides. Once covered properly, roll it out with Roller (Belan) to flatten it gently (make round Gobi Paratha).
- Now put this Gobi Paratha on preheated griddle (tawa) and let it brown from one side. When brown from one side, flip the Gobi paratha carefully.
- Now apply 1 tsp of Ghee or Vegetable Oil on cooked side of paratha and let the paratha brown from other side.
- When Gobi Paratha is brown from other side, flip it again and apply 1 tsp of Ghee on other side too.
- Let it cook until it is brown and once brown, take it out in a plate. And here you go – your Gobhi ka Paratha is ready. DO this with all remaining dough.
- Serve hot with butter, curd or your favorite pickle.
So Enjoy your Gobi ka Paratha and lets have a look on few other great recipes from Meri Rasoi.