- Fish (Machhli)500 Gm (Grams)Boneless
- Salt (Namak)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)1 Small Tsp (as per taste)
- Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Black Pepper Powder (Kali Mirch Powder)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Ginger Garlic Paste (Adrak Lahsun ka Paste)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)Preferably Homemade
- Lemon Juice (Neembu Ras)4 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Gram Flour (Besan)2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Rice Flour (Chawal Ka Atta)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Egg (Anda)1 NosRaw Egg
- Red Food Color1/8 Tsp (Teaspoons)a small pinch
- Vegetable Oil1 Kg (Kilograms)For Deep Fry
Lear how to make Punjab special Authentic Amritsari Fish Recipe. Amritsari fish fry has it’s own specialty and authenticity. The authentic fish Amritsari is prepared with very less spices. Though there are lots of Amritsari fish fry recipes available on internet but people have made it so complicated that it has lost the real authentic Amritsari fish taste. The authentic and traditional amritsari fish fry recipe is prepared with very less and balanced spices combination so that the fish’s original taste should remain dominant over spices. #amritsarifish #fishfryrecipe #merirasoi
Step 1 – Marinate the Fish for Amritsari Fish Recipe
As we have said earlier, the real authentic Amritsari Fish Recipe is prepared with very less spices so that the spices should not destroy the real taste of Fish. So we will marinate the fish here with very less spices. Follow these simple recipe instructions to marinate Fish for Amritsari Fish Recipe.
- Wash 500 Grams boneless and skinless Fish properly with Salt and Lemon. Remember, Fish meat are very tender so make sure you wash them very gently so that Fish pieces should not break or mess-up.
- Keep the washed Fish in a strainer for 15 minutes for that the extra water is strained out of Fish.
- Then take the washed Fish in big bowl and add marinating spices.
- So add 1 small Tsp Salt (नमक) (to taste), 1 Tsp Red Chilli Powder (लाल मिर्च पाउडर), ½ Tsp Black Pepper Powder (काली मिर्च पाउडर) and 3 to 4 Tsp Lemon Juice (नीम्बू का रस).
- Add 1 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste (अदरक लहसुन पेस्ट). Prefer to use homemade Ginger Garlic Paste. To make homemade Ginger Garlic paste, take 40% Ginger and 60% Garlic and grind with little water to make a fine paste. You can store the remaining Ginger Garlic Paste for 15 days in refrigerator.
- Mix well and gently rub all the spices on Fish pieces with your hands.
- Keep aside to marinate for 30 to 40 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, add 2 Tsp Gram Flour (बेसन), 1 Tsp Rice Flour (चावल का आटा), 1 Nos Raw Egg (कच्चा अंडा) and a small pinch of Red Food Color (खाने का लाल रंग) (Optional).
- Mix well so all spices are well coated on Fish pieces. Your fish is ready to give a fry, so let’s see how to fry Amritsari fish in next step.
See This Amritsari Fish Recipe Video Here.
Step 2 – See How to Fry the Amritsari Fish
Time needed: 30 minutes.
So we have the Fish marinated and this is the time to fry our Authentic Amritsari Fish. Follow these simple recipe instructions to make the Amritsari Fish.
- Heat enough Oil for deep fry in a non-stick frying pan at medium flame. Remember that Amritsari fish will be fried only at medium flame throughout the entire frying process. Only the last 1 minute fry will be at high flame. So take care of your gas flame.
- When Oil is hot, gently add marinated Fish pieces one by one and fry from one side for 4 to 5 minutes at medium flame. Do not overcook.
- When Fish is fried from one side, flip the fish and fry from other side too for 3 to 4 minutes at medium flame.
- Now gently flip the Fish pieces once again.
- Then switch the gas flame to high and fry the fish at high flame just for 1 minute. This last 1 minute fry will make fish crunchy and crispy outside while keeping it soft and juicy inside.
- Take the Amritsari fish out in a plate on tissue paper or kitchen towel.
- Your Amritsari Fish is ready, dish-out and sprinkle some chat masala powder on fish pieces. Serve hot with your favorite sauce and a cup of hot tea.
See This Amritsari Fish Recipe Video Here.
Hope you will enjoy your Yummy Authentic Amritsari Fish Fry Recipe. Let’s check out other great recipes below at Meri Rasoi.
Easy Egg Biryani Recipe | Easy Egg Dum Biryani | Egg Biryani in Kadhai | Anda Biryani
Muradabadi Yakhni Mutton Biryani
Egg Maggi Masala | Breakfast Recipe | Street Style Anda Maggie Masala
Fish Kofta Curry Recipe | Fish Meatball Recipe | Fish Kofta Masala Recipe
Dhaba Style Chicken Keema Recipe | Minced Butter Chicken Recipe | Chicken Keema Recipe