- Egg (Anda)8 Nos
- Salt (Namak)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)FOR EGG MARINATION
- Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)FOR EGG MARINATION
- Turmeric Powder (Haldi Powder)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)FOR EGG MARINATION
- Rice (Chawal)500 Gm (Grams)Wash and soak Basmati Rice in water for 30 Minutes
- Salt (Namak)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)FOR BOILING RICE
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)FOR BOILING RICE
- Vegetable Oil1 Tsp (Teaspoons)FOR BOILING RICE
- Onion (Pyaz)2 NosFOR FRYING ONIONS - Thinly Sliced
- Vegetable Oil3 TBsp (Tablespoons)FOR FRYING ONIONS
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Bay Leaf (Tej Patta)2 Nos
- Cardamom Black (Badi ilaichi)2 Nos
- Cardamom Green (Chhoti ilaichi)4 Nos
- Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)2 Nos1 inch pieces
- Mace (Javitri)1 Nos
- Black Pepper (Kali Mirch)10 Nos
- Cloves (Laung)4 Nos
- Onion (Pyaz)1 NosChopped
- Green Chillies (Hari Mirch)5 NosCut from middle
- Tomato (Tamatar)1 NosChopped
- Salt (Namak)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)adjust to taste
- Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Turmeric Powder (Haldi Powder)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder)1.5 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Coriander Leaves (Hara Dhania)1/4 Cups
- Ginger Garlic Paste (Adrak Lahsun ka Paste)2 Tsp (Teaspoons)Preferably Homemade
- Curd (Dahi)1 Cups
- Biryani Masala Powder2 Tsp (Teaspoons)See the link for Biryani Masala Powder in description
- Mint Leaves (Pudina)2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Lemon Juice (Neembu Ras)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
Learn how to make Egg Biryani Dum or Anda Biryani Dum at home. There are varieties of egg biryani recipes available. This egg dum biryani is a special egg biryani because we have prepared it with meri rasoi special Biryani Masala Powder. See the recipe for Meri Rasoi Special Biryani Masala Powder Here. There are several steps to prepare a perfect Egg dum biryani. Basmati rice is soaked in water for 1 to 2 hours and then boiled. Then Eggs are marinated with spices powder and then shallow fried. Then a spice mixture is prepared for #andabiryani. Then boiled Rice and Eggs are mixed in this spice mixture. And the final most important part of anda dum biryani is to give it a dum. Giving #andabiryani a dum means to cook covered on very low flame for 8 to 10 minutes. This #eggdumbiryani turns out so yummy that your family and kids will become fan of it. There is no one single recipe for Egg Biryani but boiling the eggs perfectly is the first step towards a perfect #eggdumbiryani #Biryani #eggbiryani #andabiryani #merirasoi
See Recipe For Meri Rasoi Special Biryani Masala Powder used in this recipe.
Let’s Prepare Egg Dum Biryani (Hyderabadi Anda Dum Biryani)
Wash and soak long grain Basmati Rice in water. If you are taking roasted Basmati Rice, then soak for 1 Hours. But if you are taking raw Basmati Rice, then soak for 20 Minutes.
Step 1 – Boil the Eggs for Anda Dum Biryani
- Boil the eggs.
- To boil the Eggs perfectly, add enough water in a pan so all the eggs are properly coved in water.
- Bring the water to boil on medium flame. After 4 to 5 minutes of Boiling, switch off the gas flame. But do not open the lid yet.
- Let the Eggs sit in same water for 10 Minutes. After 10 Minutes, transfer the boiled eggs in cold water and let them there for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, peel the Eggs.
Step 2 – Marinate the Boiled Eggs
- It’s a good idea to marinate Eggs before you fry them for Egg Biryani. In order to marinate Eggs, fork them gently with the help of a fork. (See video here)
- Take the forked Eggs in a large bowl and add ½ Tsp Salt, ½ Tsp Red Chilli Powder and ½ Tsp Turmeric Powder.
- Rub all the spices thoroughly on Eggs and keep the Eggs aside for 10 Minutes for marinating them.
Step 3 – Boil the Eggs for Anda Dum Biryani (Egg Dum Biryani)
- Take enough water in a big pan to boil the Rice. So if we have 500 grams of Rice, take 2.5 Liters of water.
- Add 1 Tsp Salt, 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds, 3 to 4 drops of Lemon Juice and 1 Tsp Vegetable Oil.
- Let the water come to a boil on high flame.
- When water starts boiling, add Rice and cook till they are almost 90% cooked. Do not overcook the Rice. You just have to cook up to 90%. Rest 10% will be cooked whiling giving Biryani a Dum.
- When Rice are around 90% cooked, strain the water and keep the strained Rice aside in a large pan.
- Keep the strained water too aside. We will use this water late.
Step 4 – Fry the Onions
- Heat 4 TBsp Oil in a frying pan at high heat.
- When Oil is hot, add Onions slices and fry at high heat till Onions becomes light brown in color.
- When Onions are light brown, take them out in a plate and keep aside. These fried Onions will give our Egg Biryani a very nice taste and lovely aroma.
Step 5 – Fry the Eggs for Egg Dum Biryani (Anda Biryani)
- In the same remaining oil, add marinated Eggs on low medium-flame.
- Fry the eggs till their outer skin becomes brown in color.
- Be careful while frying the Eggs. If you keep flame high, they can burst and the Hot oil can damage you. So better is to fry the Eggs covered at Medium-low flame only.
Step 5 – Finally, Let’s Make the Egg Biryani
Now when we have Rice cooked, Eggs fried and Onions fried, lets finally make the Egg Biryani. Follow these simple recipe instructions to see how to make egg dum biryani or anda biryani dum.
- In the same skillet add more Oil if required so that the total amount of Oil should remain 4 TBsp.
- When Oil is hot at medium flame, add whole spices for 30 to 40 seconds until the Cumin seeds start spluttering.
- When Cumin seeds start spluttering, add chopped Onions.
- Fry the onions for 2 to 3 minutes and then add Ginger Garlic Paste.
- After adding Ginger Garlic paste, roast the spices for 2 more minutes. Then add chopped Green chillies.
- Also add chopped Tomatoes. And immediately add Salt. The Salt will help cooking the Tomatoes faster.
- At the same time add other powdered spices. So add Red Chilli Powder, Turmeric Powder and Coriander Powder. Roast the spices for 5 to 6 minutes on medium flame.
- When tomatoes are well cooked, switch the gas flame to low because we have to add the Curd now. Always remember that you should add Curd only at low flame for any recipe.
- At low flame, add the Curd. Now put the gas flame back to Medium and roast the spices well at medium flame for 6 to 8 Minutes until spices start leaving the Oil.
- Now add the Biryani Masala (See Recipe For Biryani Masala)
- Add little mint leaves and coriander leaves. Also add 1 Tsp Lemon Juice. Mix well.
- Now Eggs are ready. So add the half of the cooked Rice and gently mix well.
- Then put all the fried Eggs one by one. Sprinkle half of the fried Onions
- Spread the remaining cooked Rice on top of it. Sprinkle some fried Onions and Coriander leaves. Put some tomato slices. Add a pinch of Red Food Color dissolved in 1 Tsp of water.
- Now we have to give out Biryani a Dum. Giving Dum is an important part in preparation of any dum biryani whether it is Chicken dum biryani, Mutton dum biryani, Egg dum biryani or any other dum biryani.
- To give biryani the dum, take a flat griddle and put on low flame. Place the biryani skillet over this griddle. Cover the skillet with a thick wet cotton cloth and on top of this cloth, put the lid. The idea here is to prevent steam from easily come out of Biryani. (See Recipe Video)
- If you don’t’ have the flat griddle, you can simple put the skillet on very low flame.
- Let the Biryani into dum process for around 10 Minutes. Do not open lid before biryani dum process gets completed (10 minutes).
- After 10 minutes, switch off the gas and open the lid. Your yummy Egg biryani is ready. Flip biryani rice from sides gently and Serve hot.
Hope you will enjoy your Hyderabadi Egg Dum Biryani. See few of our great recipes from Meri Raosi below
Easy Egg Biryani Recipe | Easy Egg Dum Biryani | Egg Biryani in Kadhai | Anda Biryani
Muradabadi Yakhni Mutton Biryani
Egg Maggi Masala | Breakfast Recipe | Street Style Anda Maggie Masala
Fish Kofta Curry Recipe | Fish Meatball Recipe | Fish Kofta Masala Recipe
Dhaba Style Chicken Keema Recipe | Minced Butter Chicken Recipe | Chicken Keema Recipe