- Basmati rice1 Cups
- Plain yogurt1 Cups
- Water1 Cups
- Grated carrot1/2 Cups
- Cucumber1/2 Cupsfinely chopped
- pomegranate seeds1/4 Cups(for garnish)
- ghee (clarified butter)1 TBsp (Tablespoons)
- Mustard seeds1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Whole red chilli1 Nos
- Cumin seeds1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Turmeric powder1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Chopped coriander leaves1/4 Cups
- Salt1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)or to taste
Indulge in the aromatic and flavorful Spiced Yogurt Turmeric Rice—a perfect blend of Indian spices and gut-friendly ingredients. Elevate your dining experience with this easy-to-make recipe that supports digestive wellness, using readily available items from your kitchen.
Origin and Cousin
Rooted in the diverse culinary heritage of India, this recipe is a cousin to the traditional curd rice, a staple in South Indian cuisine. Our rendition incorporates aromatic spices, providing a contemporary twist while honoring the digestive benefits of yogurt.
Preparation Steps For Gut-Friendly Probiotic Spiced Yogurt Turmeric Rice
- Step 1: Cooking the Rice: Rinse and cook basmati rice with water until fluffy. Let it cool.
- Step 2: Yogurt Mix: In a bowl, whisk plain yogurt until smooth. Add the cooled rice and mix well.
- Step 3: Vegetable Medley: Fold in grated carrot and finely chopped cucumber into the yogurt-rice mixture.
- Step 4: Tempering Spices: In a small pan, heat ghee. Add whole red chilli, mustard seeds, cumin seeds. Once they splutter, add turmeric powder. Pour this tempering over the yogurt rice mixture.
- Step 5: Garnish: Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and pomegranate seeds for a burst of freshness.
- Step 6: Salt to Taste: Add salt as per your preference and mix everything thoroughly.
Cooking Tips and Tricks
- Use Fresh Yogurt: Freshly prepared yogurt enhances the creaminess of the dish.
- Tempering Technique: Ensure the ghee is hot enough for the mustard seeds to splutter, releasing their flavor.
Health and Nutrition
Spiced Yogurt Turmeric Rice is not only a treat for your taste buds but also a gut-friendly option. Yogurt provides probiotics, aiding digestion, while turmeric offers anti-inflammatory properties. The addition of colorful vegetables enriches the dish with essential nutrients.
Picture yourself relishing the comforting warmth of this dish, a flavorful journey through the heart of Indian cuisine. Share in the joy of creating a meal that speaks to both tradition and well-being.
Savor the Spiced Yogurt Turmeric Rice—a delightful embrace of Indian flavors and gut-friendly goodness. Easy to prepare and rich in probiotics, it’s a wholesome addition to your culinary repertoire.