- Eggs12 nos12 nos
- Corn Tortillas4 nos4 nos, cut into strips
- Green Onions¼ Cupschopped
- Jalapeno Chili1 Teaspoonsminced and seeded
- Cheddar Cheese1 Cupsshredded
- Tomatoes1 Cupschopped, seeded
- Fresh Cilantro1/3 Cupschopped
- Vegetable oil¼ Cups
- Pepper½ Teaspoons
- Salt1 Teaspoonsor to taste
There are many varieties of scrambled egg recipes. This one is the popular Mexican way of preparing scrambled eggs. I am sure people will like it much. I love to eat the Mexican scrambled eggs in my breakfast most of the times. This is a healthy breakfast recipe which you can eat daily. See how easy is the preparation method for Mexican scrambled eggs recipe.
Preparation Steps for Mexican Scrambled Eggs Recipe
1. Whisk the eggs, salt and pepper in large bowl until well blended
2. Heat the oil in a nonstick large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. When the oil is hot, add one batch of tortilla strips and cook just for 15 seconds until the corn tortilla strips are softened. Drain the corn tortilla strips on paper towels and keep aside.
4. Repeat the same process for all reaming corn tortillas strips, keep aside.
5. Now add the chopped green onions and minced jalapeno chili to skillet and stir 2 minutes.
6. Reduce heat to medium and add the eggs and tortilla strips to skillet and stir until eggs are almost set, about 4 minutes.
7. Add grated cheese, tomatoes and cilantro and stir until eggs are set well and cheese melts, about 1 minute.
Your Mexican scrambled eggs are ready, serve hot immediately.