- Egg (Anda)12 Nos
- Corn Tortillas4 Nos4 nos, cut into strips
- Green Onion (Hari Pyaz)1/4 Cupschopped
- Green Chillies Jalapeno (Hari Mirch Jalapeno )1 Tsp (Teaspoons)minced and seeded
- Cheddar Cheese1 Cupsshredded
- Tomato (Tamatar)2 Noschopped, seeded
- Coriander Leaves (Hara Dhania)1/3 Cupschopped
- Vegetable Oil1 TBsp (Tablespoons)
- Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)(optional)
- Salt (Namak)1(or to taste)
There are many varieties of Scrambled Egg Recipes in different regions of the world. But this one is the popular Mexican way of preparing scrambled eggs. And I am sure you will like this scrambled egg a lot and will definitely add it in your breakfast menu. I love to eat Mexican scrambled eggs in my breakfast most of the times. In fact, this could be a healthy breakfast alternate for your kids if they got tired of that traditional Omelet. So let’s see how easy is the preparation method for Mexican Scrambled Eggs Recipe at home.
Preparation Steps for Mexican Scrambled Eggs Recipe
Time needed: 15 minutes.
Follow these simple instructions to prepare your Mexican Scrambled Eggs Recipe.
- Whisk the Eggs, Salt and Red Chilli Powder in large bowl until well blended.
- Then heat oil in a nonstick large pan over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is medium hot, add one batch of tortilla strips and fry just for 15 seconds until the corn tortilla strips are softened. Take the corn tortilla strips out and keep aside.
- Repeat the same process for all remaining corn tortillas strips also.
- Then in remaining oil, add chopped Green Onions and minced Jalapeno Chili and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and then add eggs and tortilla strips to skillet. Stir fry until eggs are almost set, about 4 minutes.
- Then add grated Cheese, Tomatoes and Coriander Leaves (Cilantro) and stir until eggs are well set and cheese melts, about 1 to 2 more minutes.
- And here you go – your Mexican scrambled eggs are ready, serve hot immediately with your favorite sauce.
Check out few other great recipes from our menu you might want to see.