- Wheat Flour (Aata)2 Cups
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves (Kasoori Methi)2 TBsp (Tablespoons)
- Gram Flour (Besan)2 Cups
- Vegetable Oil2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)1/4 Tsp (Teaspoons)or a small pinch (optional)
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Turmeric Powder (Haldi Powder)1/4 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Salt (Namak)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)(optional)
- Water (Paani)enough to knead dough
Missi Roti is a marvelous combination with Saag or with any other dish you like. This Missi Roti Recipe or (Missi Bread Recipe) is a pure traditional Punjabi Recipe that is prepared with Gram Flour and Wheat Flour mixed with some other nutritious ingredients. Missi Roti Recipe gives is a low fat and very healthy Roti hence many people add Missi Roti in their weight loss diet. So let’s see the preparation method for this healthy Missi Roti Recipe below.
Preparation Steps for Missi Roti Recipe
Time needed: 20 minutes
Follow these simple steps for this healthy and nutritious Missi Roti Recipe.
- Take the Gram flour, Wheat flours, Red chili powder, Turmeric powder, Cumin seeds and Salt in a big pan and mix well.
- Then coarsely grind the dried fenugreek leaves in a grinder and make a rough powder out of it. Mix this fenugreek leaves powder to the flour mixture.
- And then take 2 Tsp of oil and rub it into the flour.
- Now add water to the flour in chunks as required and knead the flour to make a soft dough. Keep it aside for 30 minutes covered with damp cloth.
- Knead the dough well again and make the medium-sized dough balls.
- Then roll the dough balls to form a slightly thick chapati than usual.
- Now preheat the Griddle (Tawa) on medium heat and cook this Missi Chapati. You can apply little butter too if you want to have the paratha flavor in your Missi Roti. When cooked from one side, just flip and cook from the other side.
- When the roti is cooked from both sides, take it out and serve hot with saag or your any other favorite dish.
So Enjoy your Missi roti and let’s have a look at a few other great recipes from Meri Rasoi.
If you want to give it a tandoori roti look and flavor, you can also cook the missi roti in tandoor.