- Whole Wheat Flour (atta)2 Cups
- Dry Fenugreek Leaves (kasoori methi)2 Tablespoons
- Gram Flour (Beasn)2 Cups
- Oil2 Teaspoons
- Red Chili Powder1/4 Cupsor a small pinch (optional)
- Cumin Seeds1 Teaspoons
- Turmeric powder1/4 Teaspoonsor a small pinch
- Salt1/2 Teaspoonsor to taste
- Waterenough to knead dough
Missi roti is a marvelous combination with saag or with any other dish you like. Missi roti is a pure Punjabi recipe and is prepared with gram flour mixed with some other nutritious ingredients. Missi roti is a low fat and very healthy Indian food. Missi roti is prepared by mixing wheat flour, gram flour and few other spices together. See the preparation method for missi roti recipe below.
Preparation Steps for Missi Roti Recipe
1. Take the gram flour, wheat flours, chili powder, turmeric powder and salt in a big pan and mix well.
2. Grind the fenugreek leaves in grinder and make a rough powder of it. Mix this fenugreek leaves powder to the flour mixture.
3. Take 2 tsp of oil and rub it into the flour.
4. Add water to the flour and kneed the flour to make a soft dough. Keep it aside for 30 minutes covered with damp cloth.
5. Knead the dough well again and make the medium sized dough balls.
6. Roll the dough balls to form a slightly thick chapati than usual.
7. Preheat the griddle (tawa) on medium heat and cook the missi roti. You can apply butter too if you want to have the paratha flavor. When cooked from one side, just flip and cook from other side.
When the roti is cooked from both sides, serve hot with saag or any other your favorite dish.
If you want to give it a tandoori roti look and flavor, you can also cook the missi roti in tandoor.