- Potato (Aloo)1/2 Kg (Kilograms)Boiled
- Whole Wheat Flour (Atta)250 Gm (Grams)
- Coriander Leaves (Hara Dhania)2 Tsp (Teaspoons)finely chopped
- Ginger Fresh (Adrak)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)grated
- Green Chillies (Hari Mirch)2 Nosfinely chopped
- Garlic Paste (Lahsun ka Paste)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Garam Masala Powder1/4 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Salt (Namak)1/4 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Clarified Butter (Ghee)1 TBsp (Tablespoons)or Vegetable Oil
- Onion (Pyaz)1 Nosfinely chopped
Aloo Paratha Recipe is one of the most common breakfast food recipes from North Indian Cuisine. This is a must to have dish in breakfast for most of the Punjabis. Aloo Paratha is best served with butter, pickle or curd. In fact you will find Aloo Paratha a must to have menu item in all Indian restaurants. See the preparation steps for this popular breakfast recipe below.
Preparation Steps for Aloo Paratha Recipe
Time needed: 30 minutes.
- For the covering, make dough out of whole wheat flour (atta) same way as you would do for any other Paratha/Roti or Chapati.
- Now lets make the stuffing. To make Paratha stuffing, mash the boiled potatoes properly.
- Add all the stuffing items except ghee (i.e. finely chopped Coriander Leaves (Hara Dhania), grated Ginger, finely chopped Green Chillis, Garlic Paste, Red chilli powder, Garam Masala Powder, finely chopped Onion and Salt) to mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Make two medium sized chapatis. Spread a table spoon of filling on top of one chapati and cover it with the second one.
- Now roll it slightly with Rolling pin (Belan)
- Put the combined chapatis along with filling inside on a hot griddle (tawa) and fry with 1 Tsp of ghee.
- When one side is done flip the Aloo Paratha to cook from other side. Apply 1 tsp of ghee on other side as well.
- When both sides are cooked, your Paratha is ready to serve. Serve hot with Yogurt (Curd), Butter and Pickle.
Checkout few more great recipes from Meri Rasoi