- Boiled Potatoes1/2 Kilograms
- Wheat Flour (Atta)1/4 Kilograms
- Coriander Leaves2 Tablespoonsfinely chopped
- Small piece of Ginger1/2 Teaspoonsgrated
- Green Chilies1 Teaspoonsfinely chopped
- Garlic Paste1 Teaspoons
- Red chilli powder and Garam masala1/4 Teaspoonsor to taste
- Salt1/4 Teaspoonsor to taste
- Ghee10 Tablespoons
- Onion11 nos small, finely chopped
Aloo Paratha is one of the most common breakfast food in north Indian cuisine. Aloo paratha is best served with butter, pickle or curd. You will find aloo paratha a must to have menu item in all Indian restaurants. see the steps for aloo paratha recipe below.
Preparation Steps for Aloo Paratha Recipe
1. For the cover, make dough out of whole wheat flour (atta) as you would do for any other paratha/roti/chapati.
2. Mash the boiled potatoes properly.
3. Add all the stuffing items (exept ghee) to mashed potatoes and mix well.
4. Make two medium sized chapatis. Spread a table spoon of filling on top of one chapati and cover it with the second one.
3. Now roll it slightly.
4. Put the combined chapatis along with filling inside on a griddle (tawa) and fry with 1 tsp of ghee.
5. When one side is done flip the aloo paratha to cook from other side. Apply 1 tsp of ghee on other side.
6. When both sides are cooked, your paratha is ready to serve. Serve hot with yogurt (curd), butter and pickle.