- *FOR DOSA*
- Rice2½ Cupslong grain, uncooked
- Fenugreek Seeds (Methi dana)2 Teaspoons
- Urad Dal1 Cupswhole
- Oil2 Teaspoonsfor cooking
- Saltto taste
- *FOR MASALA*
- Potatoes3 nos3 nos, boiled, peeled and chopped
- Onion11 nos, chopped
- Chillies2 nos2 nos, chopped
- Tumeric (Haldi) Powder1 Teaspoons
- Chana Dal1 Teaspoons
- Mustard seeds (sarson ke daane)1/2 Teaspoons
- Saltto taste
Masala Dosa is another famous South-Indian dosa recipe. With an origin in south India, masala dosa is widely used in all parts of the world. Below are the preparation steps for this very tasty masala dosa recipe.
Preparation Steps for Masala Dosa Recipe
1. Wash the rice, urad dal, and fenugreek seeds separately.
2. After wash, soak them in water separately for at least 6 hours.
3. Now grind all three of them together in a mixer. Add the water required for grinding in mixer so that it makes a fine paste.
4. Take this mixture in a bowl and add salt to it. Set this mixture aside for 8 hours for fermentation.
5. Heat the oil in a pan and saute mustard seeds, onions, chilli and chana dal in this oil.
6. When the onions are light brown, add chopped potatoes, salt, and turmeric stirring continuously and cook this for 4 to 5 minutes.
7. Your masala is ready to be filled in the dosa, take this out of flame and keep aside in a bowl.
8. Now, take 1 big spoon (ladle) of prepared batter and pour it on a nonstick wider pan on medium flame. Spread it in a circular shape.
9. Take one spoonful of prepared masala and fill it in the center of dosa, spread a little. When dosa is cooked and brown, your masala dosa is ready. Fold with the help of flat spatula and serve hot with coconut chutney and sambhar.