- Mung Beans Split Yellow (Mung Dal Peeli)2 Cups
- White Lentils (Urad Dal Safed)1 Cups
- Green Chillies (Hari Mirch)5 Nos
- Ginger Fresh (Adrak)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)roughly chopped
- Fenugreek Seeds (Methi Dana)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Vegetable Oil1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Coriander Leaves (Hara Dhania)1/2 Cups
- Salt (Namak)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
Moong Dal Dosa Recipe or Mung Dal Dosa Recipe is a crispy and tasty Dosa Recipe from the land of Andhra Pradesh. It is also called Pesarattu in Andhra Pradesh. Mung Dal Dosa is prepared with Moong (Mung) dal and Urad Dal. This Dosa doesn’t have any kind of filling but would be plain crispy dosa which is served with Coconut Chutney and Sambhar. So here you go, lets make your Mung Dal Dosa together.
Preparation Steps for Moong Dal Dosa Recipe
So, follow these steps below for your Mung Dal Dosa Recipe.
- Wash the Moong dal (Mung dal yellow) and Urad dal properly and soak in water for 4 to 5 hours.
- When soaked, grind Moong dal, Urad dal, Ginger and Green chillies together in a grinder to make a fine paste. Also add required water to make a fine paste, if needed.
- Then take this batter in a large vessel and whisk with your hands or whisker rapidly for 3 to 4 minutes to make it fluffy. Whisking well will add air to the batter so it will have a nice fluffy and pouring consistency. Add same soaking water if required to add more water.
- Then cover the vessel with a lid and cover it all along with a thick cloth and leave it for fermentation. Keep for around 7 to 8 hours so it should have well fermentation. So that you know, a well fermented batter should start bubbling inside. If its cold weather, keep for 2 to 3 hours more but fermentation is the key for your Mung Dal Dosa Recipe.
- Now after the batter is well fermented then add Salt and fresh Coriander leaves to this mixture and mix well. Make sure our batter should be of a flowing consistency so that it can pour from the Ladle easily.
- Now heat your flat Dosa Tawa.
- AND HERE IS THE TRICK – Your Dosa Tawa should be hot while making Dosa. However right before you pour batter on the tawa, it should not be that much hot for few seconds. And then again after pouring the batter it should regain it’s hotness quickly. To achieve this what you have to do is, let the Tawa become hot once and then right before pouring the batter, sprinkle 1/4 cup of water on tawa and swipe this water with a towel. (see the video)
- Right after wiping it, pour one big spoon (Ladle) of prepared batter in center of Tawa. And then immediately spread it in circular shape with the help of Ladle back side. Keep the flame high during all this process.
- Let the dosa cook until it becomes brown at down side and seems cooked up side.
- When your Dosa is ready, fold it and serve hot with Coconut chutney or Ginger chutney, Sambhar or some vegetable.
Hope you will enjoy making your Moong Dal Dosa at home. In the mean time lets check out few other great recipes from our Menu.