- Milk (Doodh)2 L (Liters)Whole Milk
- Sweetened Condensed Milk1 Cups
- Cardamom Green Powder (Chhoti ilaichi Powder)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)(crushed, if powder not available)
- Pistachio Nuts (Pista)2 Tsp (Teaspoons)crushed
- Saffron Strands (Kesar)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Bread Crumbs2 Tsp (Teaspoons)Fresh Bread Crumbs (Crushed)
Even if you don’t like sweets, then too I am sure you will fall in love with this Rabri Recipe sometimes also spelled as Rabdi Recipe. Everybody likes Rabri and in fact kids are just fond of it. Though Rabri is served as complimentary sweet along with some other sweets such as Ghewar, Gajar ka Halwa etc. but you can eat Rabri alone which is fantastic in taste.
Rabri (Rabdi) Recipe is prepared with reduced whole milk and sweetened condensed milk with a nice aromatic flavour of Cardamom powder, Saffron and Pistachio Nuts. This is one of the most popular dessert served on festival Karwa Chauth. Let’s see how to prepare this delicious dessert Rabri (Rabdi) at home.
Preparation Steps for Milk Rabdi Recipe
So here are the preparation steps for this all time favorite Rabri Recipe. Lets first make the fresh Bread Crumbs which is very easy to make at home.
Prepare Bread Crumbs
Always try to use fresh bread crumbs prepared at home, try to avoid market ready bread crumbs.
For bread crumbs, lightly toast half of a bread slice and simply grind it in a grinder to get your fresh bread crumbs.
Now Lets Make the Milk Rabri (Milk Rabdi)
Time needed: 40 minutes.
Follow these simple instructions for your delicious Milk Rabri Recipe.
- Apply some Ghee or butter on a deep heavy bottom pan and grease it well with this Ghee/butter.
- Then add whole milk and heat it on high flame to bring it to boil. When Milk starts boiling reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer this milk at low heat while stirring frequently. Get the milk reduced to 1/4 of its original quantity.
- When the milk remains 1/4 of it’s original quantity, then add the Cardamom Powder, Saffron and 1 Tsp of crushed Pistachios, stir to mix them well.
- Then add Bread Crumbs to above milk mixture and mix well.
- Then add Condensed Milk to this mixture and bring it to a boil. Don’t forget to stir constantly and scraping the sides otherwise your Rabri will get stick at bottom and sides of pan.
- And here you go – your delicious Rabri (Rabdi) dish is ready. Let it cool naturally then put in refrigerator.
- When serving, garnish with remaining pistachios and serve chilled.
Now let’s check out some other great recipes from Meri Rasoi.