- Whole Milk2 Liters
- Sweetened Condensed Milk1 Cups
- Cardamom powder1/2 Teaspoons(crushed, if powder not available)
- Pistachios2 Teaspoonscrushed
- Saffron Strands1/2 Teaspoons
- Fresh Bread Crumbs2 Teaspoonscrushed
Even if you don’t like sweets, I am sure you will fall in love with this rabri recipe. Rabdi is made of reduced and sweetened milk and spiced with saffron, cardamom and pistachios. This is one of the most popular Karwa Chauth desserts.
Preparation Steps for Milk Rabdi Recipe
Lets Prepare the Bread Crumb First
For bread crumbs, toast half of a bread slice lightly and grind it in grinder to get crumbs.
Now Lets Make the Milk Rabri
1. Apply some ghee or butter on a pan and grease it well with this ghee/butter.
2. Now cook thee milk on low heat while stirring frequently. Get the milk reduced to 1/4 of its original quantity.
3. Now add the cardamom powder, saffron and 1 tsp of crushed pistachios, mix them well.
4. Add the bread crumbs to above milk mixture and mix it well.
5. Add condensed milk to this mixture and bring it to a boil. Don’t forget to stir constantly and scraping the sides.
6. Your delicious rabri dish is ready, let it cool naturally then put in refrigerator.
7. When serving, garnish with remaining pistachios and serve chilled.