- Tomato3 noschopped
- Garlic Pods1 noswhole garlic pod (chopped)
- Ginger1 teaspoonschopped
- Green Chilli2 noschopped
- Onion2 noschopped
- Egg3 nosboiled
- Turmeric (Haldi) Powder1 teaspoons
- Red Chilli Powder1 teaspoons
- Garlic Powder1/2 teaspoons
- Salt1 teaspoonsor to taste
- Mustard Seeds (Sarson ke daane)1 teaspoons
- Whole Red Dry Chillies3 nos
- Cilantro (Coriander leaves)1/4 cupsfor garnish
- Curry Leaves1 teaspoons
- Oil1 tablespoons
We brought for you this popular curry recipe from the land of Kerala. Tomato Egg Curry Recipe is a south Indian egg recipe dish and best served with Roti or Rice. You will love the spiciness of this curry recipe seasoned with flavor of boiled eggs. Tomato Egg Curry Recipe is a very popular dish in Southern India region. See how easy and quick are the preparation steps for this south Indian curry recipe.
Preparation Steps for Tomato Egg Curry Recipe
Time needed: 25 minutes.
- Heat a tablespoon oil in a frying pan on medium flame. When the oil is hot, then add whole dry Red Chillis and Mustard Seeds and fry for a 1 to 2 minutes.
- When Mustard seeds start sputtering, take these ingredients out of oil and keep aside.
- Keep the same remaining oil on medium flame, and add chopped Onions, chopped Green Chillies, chopped Ginger and chopped Garlic. Then fry for a minute.
- Now add chopped Tomatoes and fry for 2 to 3 more minute. You can add Salt at this stage because Salt will help tomatoes to cook faster.
- Now add Turmeric powder, Red Chilli powder and Garlic powder (optional) and stir fry for 3 to 4 more minutes until the tomatoes and all spices are well cooked.
- Add 1 cup of water in little chunks to form a curry thick consistency. Mix well and let it come to a boil.
- Now cut 3 boiled Egg into 6 equal pieces and add into it while keep stirring gently. Cook covered for 2 more minutes on low flame.
- Now open the lid and Season it with spluttered Mustard Seeds, sautéed dry Red Chillies and Curry leaves.
- Your yummy spicy Tomato Egg Curry is ready. Garnish with Coriander Leaves and serve hot with Bread or Rice.
Check out few other best recipes for you
OPTIONAL: You could also boil sausage rings and add into this to make a different curry recipe altogether!