- Tomato3 nos3 nos
- Garlic Pods3 nos3 nos, whole pods
- Ginger1/2 inch1/2 inch small piece
- Green Chilli3 nos3 nos
- Onion2 nos2 nos
- Egg2 nos2 nos, boiled
- Turmeric (Haldi) Powder1 Teaspoons
- Red Chilli Powder1 Teaspoons
- Garlic Powder½ Teaspoons(optional)
- Salt1 Teaspoonsor to taste
- Mustard Seeds (Sarson ke daane)1 Teaspoons
- WHole Red Dry Chillies3 nos3 nos
- Cilantro (Coriander leaves)¼ Cupsfor garnish
Tomato egg curry recipe is a popular curry recipe from the land of Kerala. Tomato egg curry recipe is a south Indian egg recipe and best served with roti or rice. Tomato curry is prepared with beaten egg. This tomato egg curry recipe is a spicy curry recipe flavored with egg. This tomato egg curry recipe takes on 5 minutes to cook. See how easy and quick are the preparation steps for this south Indian curry recipe i.e. tomato egg curry recipe.
Preparation Steps for Tomato Egg Curry Recipe
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan. When the oil is hot, add dry red chillis, and mustard seeds and fry for a little time.
- When mustard seeds starts sputtering, switch off the flame and take these ingredients out of the oil. Keep aside.
- Heat a little oil in a fry pan on medium flame. When the oil is hot, add onions, green chillies, ginger and garlic and fry for a minute.
- Add tomatoes and fry for one more minute until the tomatoes are well cooked.
- Now add Add salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder and garlic powder (optional) fry.
- Add little by little water to form a curry.
- Cut the 2 boiled egg into 4 equal pieces and add into it while stirring.
- Season it with spluttered mustard seeds, sautéed dry red chillies and curry leaves.
Your tomato egg curry recipe is ready. Serve hot with bread or rice.
OPTIONAL: You could also boil sausage rings and add into this to make a different curry recipe altogether!