- Chicken1 Kg (Kilograms)Whole Chicken cut into serving pieces
- Water (Paani)1.5 L (Liters)
- Celery Stalk (Ajmoda)1 stalk1 stalk, inducing leaves, halved
- Onion (Pyaz)1 Nosmedium, halved
- Garlic (Lahsun)1 whole bulb
- Carrot (Gajar)1 Noshalved
- Basil Leaves Dried (Tulsi ke Patte)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)(sage or thyme)
- Bay Leaf (Tej Patta)2 Nos
- Parsley3 sprigs NosOr Coriander Leaves
Chicken broth is widely used for variety of non-veg dishes including soups and gravy etc. In addition, you can even drink it to boost your immune system. Though there are ready-made chicken broth or chicken stocks available in market but it is better if you prepare the chicken stock at home. We bring you this awesome Homemade Low Fat Chicken Broth Recipe which will guide you on how to prepare Chicken Broth at home easily. Once prepared, then you can freeze it into ice cube tray and keep in the freezer, bag them into zip lock bags; and when need just thaw and use.
Preparation Steps for Home Made Low Fat Chicken Broth Recipe
Time needed: 2 hours.
The steps to prepare Chicken stock involves simmering the whole Chicken at very low flame for approximate 2 hours – so, here you go.
- Cut the Chicken into small bite size pieces and wash properly.
- Now bring the water to boil in a heavy bottom pan and add Chicken pieces to this boiling water.
- As you boil the chicken you will notice particles rising to the top of the water, go ahead and carefully skim this off, it’s fat.
- Then add all the remaining ingredients and let the chicken broth simmer uncovered for 2 hours on low flame.
- After 2 hours of simmer, stop the gas and strain broth through a fine sieve. Discard the vegetables and any Chicken remaining can be saved for another meal. You can also use these remaining chicken pieces for making Chicken Salad.
- Let the Chicken Broth cool at room temperature, skim off any remaining fat.
- Your home made low fat Chicken Broth is ready. Refrigerate it in ice cubes and keep refrigerated in zip lock bags. Whenever you need, just thaw the required cubes.
Check out few more great recipes
You can keep refrigerated chicken stock for 1 month.