- *FOR VADA*
- Urad Daal1 Cups
- Oilenough for fry
- Salt1/4 tspor to taste
- *FOR DAHI (CURD)*
- Curd (Yogurt)1 Kilograms
- Ginger1/2 Teaspoonsgrated
- Green chillis1 - 2 nos1-2 nos, chopped
- Coriander leaves¼ Cupsfinely chopped
- Red Chili Powder1/2 Teaspoonsor to taste
- Roasted Cumin (Jeera) Powder2 Teaspoons
- Salt1/2 Teaspoonsor to taste
The name Dahi vada itself is enough to bring water in your mouth. However, dahi vada is one of the few chaats which is served chilled and is a refreshing chaat in summer weather, but dahi vada is liked and served equally irrespective of the weather. This melt-in-mouth and delicious vada gives an immense pleasure to your mouth and stimulates your appetite for more. See the preparation method for dahi vada recipe below.
Preparation Steps for Dahi Vada Recipe
Lets First Make the Vada
1. Clean the urad dal properly, pick and remove stones etc. if any. Wash the urad dal and soak in water overnight.
2. Take the soaked urad dal in a grinder and grind it to form a smooth paste.
3. Add salt to this urad dal paste and mix well.
4. Heat the oil in a deep frying pan. When oil is hot, drop a spoonful of urad dal batter and fry till the vada is golden brown.
5. When the vadas are golden brown, drain them out of the oil and immediately put them in cold water for 2-3 minutes.
6. Now Take the vada out of water, squeeze the water from them and keep aside.
Now, Let’s Make the Dahi
1. Take the dahi (curd) in a blender along with a little water and blend gently until the curd is is smooth.
2. Keep the blended dahi (curd) in refrigerator for an hour to get the dahi chilled.
3. Now add red chili powder, salt and cumin powder to dahi.
4. Your dahi (curd) is ready.
6. Serve the dahi vada chilled. Arrange vadas in a deep dish and pour dahi over them. Now pour imli (tamarind) chutney and green chutney. Garnish with coriander. You can sprinkle a little red chilli powder and cumin powder over the dahi