- *** FOR MAKING VADA ***
- White Lentils (Urad Dal Safed)1 Cupswashed and soaked overnight
- Salt (Namak)1/4 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Vegetable Oilfor deep fry
- *** FOR MAKING DAHI (CURD) ***
- Curd (Dahi)1 Kg (Kilograms)beaten Dahi or Yogurt
- Green Chillies (Hari Mirch)2 Noschopped
- Coriander Leaves (Hara Dhania)1/4 Cupsfinely chopped
- Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)1/2 Cups
- Cumin (Jeera) Powder1 Tsp (Teaspoons)powder of roasted cumin seeds
- Salt (Namak)1/2
The name Dahi vada itself is enough to bring water in your mouth. However, dahi vada is one of the few chaats which is served chilled and is a refreshing chaat in summer weather, but dahi vada is liked and served equally irrespective of the weather. This melt-in-mouth and delicious vada gives an immense pleasure to your mouth and stimulates your appetite for more. See the preparation method for dahi vada recipe below.
Preparation Steps for Dahi Vada Recipe
So ready to make your Dahi Vada? Ok, lets go… follow the instructions given below and at the end of this you will have mouth melting and refreshing chat i.e. Dahi Vada. We will make this Dahi Vada Recipe in two steps. In step 1 we will prepare Vada and in step 2 we will prepare the Dahi.
Step 1 – Make Vada for Dahi Vada Recipe
- Clean the urad dal properly, pick and remove stones etc. if any. Wash the urad dal and soak in water overnight.
- Take the soaked urad dal in a grinder and grind it to form a smooth paste.
- Add salt to this urad dal paste and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan. When oil is hot, drop a spoonful of urad dal batter. Do this until your frying pan reached it’s capacity. Now fry the vada till they are golden brown. Remember, do not overcook.
- When the Vadas are golden brown, drain them out of the oil and immediately put them in cold water for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Now Take the vada out of water, squeeze the water from them and keep aside.
Step 2 – Now Lets Prepare Dahi (Curd)
- Take the Curd (Dahi) in a blender along with a little water and blend gently until the curd is is smooth.
- Keep the blended Curd (Dahi) in refrigerator for an hour to get the Curd chilled.
- Now add red chili powder, salt and cumin powder to dahi, and your Dahi (Curd) is ready.
- Serve the Dahi Vada chilled with Tamarind (Imli). Arrange vadas in a serving dish and pour dahi over them. Now pour imli (tamarind) chutney and green chutney.
- You can sprinkle a little red chilli powder and cumin powder over the dahi to give it more spicy flavour.
Check out few other great recipes from Meri Rasoi