- Cauliflower Florets2 Cups
- Ginger1 Teaspoonschopped
- Onion1 nos1 nos big, chopped
- Sesame Seeds1 Teaspoons(optional)
- Garlic1.5 Teaspoonssliced
- Tomato sauce1 Tablespoons
- Soya Sauce1.5 Teaspoons
- Green Chilly1 - 2 nos1 - 2 nos, chopped
- Red Chilli Sauce1 Tablespoons
- Pepper Powder1 Teaspoons
- Vinegar1 Teaspoons
- Sugar1/2 Teaspoons
- Salt1/2 tspor to taste
- Oilfor shallow fry
- BELOW INGREDIENTS FOR BATTER
- All prupose flour (maida)3 Teaspoonsfor batter
- Cornflour2 Teaspoonsfor batter
- Water1/2 Cupsfor batter
- Pepper Powder1/2 Teaspoonsfor batter
- Oil1 Teaspoonsfor batter
- Salt1/2 Teaspoonsor to taste, for batter
Chilli Gobi or Chilli Cauliflower is a another popular dish from Chinese cuisine. It’s so awsome that i has become one of the most popular snacks item served in marriage and parties. Let’t make my another favorite recipe i.e. chilli gobi recipe.
Preparation Steps for Chilli Gobi (Chilli Cauliflower) Recipe
1. Boil the cauliflower florets in salted water for 3-5 minutes and drain the water completely.
2. Make a thick batter with batter ingredients (all purpose flour, cornflour, pepper powder, salt, oil and water)
3. Dip the cauliflower florets in batter & shallow fry. When the cauliflower florets become golden brown, drain from oil and keep aside.
4. Remove the excess water and leave 1 tablespoon of oil in skillet.
5. In remaining oil, add sesame seeds, ginger, garlic, green and onions. Cook till the onions become soft.
6. When onions become soft, add all the sauces, pepper powder, vinegar, sugar and salt; and stir cook for 1 minute
7. Add fried cauliflower mix well and stir cook for 1 more minute. Make sure that the florets are well coated with the sauces.
8. Garnish with spring onion, coriander leaves etc; Serve hot.
If red chilli powder is not available, You can also use red chilly paste instead of red chilly sauce. To make red chilly paste, add 1 tsp of vinegar to 2 tsp of Kashmiri chilly powder. But please note that if you are using red chilly paste, don’t use the red chilling powder and red chilli sauce.