- Whole Red Lentils (Malka Masoor)2 Cups
- Onion (Pyaz)1 NosSliced
- Tomato (Tamatar)1 NosChopped
- Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)1.5 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Salt (Namak)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Turmeric Powder (Haldi Powder)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Ginger Garlic Paste (Adrak Lahsun ka Paste)1.5 Tsp (Teaspoons)Preferably Homemade
- Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder)2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Coriander Leaves (Hara Dhania)1/4 Cups
- Green Chillies (Hari Mirch)5 NosChopped
- Vegetable Oil2 TBsp (Tablespoons)FOR TADKA
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)FOR TADKA
- Asafoetida (Hing)1/4 Tsp (Teaspoons)FOR TADKA - a small pinch
- Onion (Pyaz)1 NosFOR TADKA - Sliced
Learn how to make Tadka Masoor Dal in this simple Masoor Dal Recipe. Masoor dal sabut is one of the most loved dal dish in India. Tadka Masoor dal sabut recipe is very easy and healthy food recipe. Oour today’s recipe is dhaba style Masoor Dal Sabut Tadka Recipe. This recipe is know with many names such as Masoor Dal Recipe, Red Lenthils Recipe, Masoor dal tadka recipe or simply Masoor dal sabut recipe. There are many ways to prepare Tadka Masoor dal sabut recipe and here we have prepared this recipe as you will find in Indian Dhabas.
So simply we call it Indian Dhaba style tadka Masoor dal. The Dal (pulses) are rich source of proteins and are very good for people who want more protein rich diet. So let’s see the recipe instructions for this tasty and pure Indian Dhaba Style Sabut Masoor Dal Recipe. #masoordalrecipe #masoordalsabut #merirasoi #daltadkarecipe
Step 1 – See How to Make Masoor Dal Whole (Lentils)
There are many ways of cooking Masoor Dal (Lentils). Some people cook it by roasting spices before adding Masoor Dal (Lentils). But the traditional Lentils Recipe (Masoor Dal Sabut Recipe) is prepared without roasting spices. And we have cooked our Masoor Dal in same traditional Indian style.
We will make this simple Masoor Dal, a Tadka Masoor dal by giving it a Tadka (Sauté) with Asafetida (Hing) and Sliced Onions which will double the taste of your Masoor Dal Dish.
So follow these simple recipe instructions for this delicious Tadka Masoor Dal Recipe.
- Wash 2 Cups of whole Masoor Dal (Lentils) well.
- Measurement of water quantity for making Masoor dal is simple.
If you want your Masoor Dal to be of little thick consistency, then keep the water quantity 3 times of Dal (Pulse) quantity. But if you like your Masoor Dal (Lentils) little runny, then take the water 4 times of Dal quantity.
- In our recipe we are making the Masoor Dal with little thick consistency, so we will take 6 cups of water (3 times of Lentils Quantity) in a pressure cooker.
- Add 2 cups of washed Masoor Dal Sabut (Whole Lentils) in pressure cooker.
- Add 1 Nos sliced Onion and 1 Nos chopped Tomato.
- Add 1 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste, preferably homemade.
(To make Ginger garlic paste at home take 40% Ginger and 60% Garlic and grind them with little water to make a fine paste. You can preserve this homemade Ginger Garlic paste for about 15 days in refrigerator)
- Add 1.5 Tsp Red Chillies Powder, 1.5 Tsp Coriander Powder, 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder and 1 Tsp Salt. You can adjust the Salt later as per taste.
- Add 1 Nos Bay Leaf and 1 Nos Black Cardamom.
- Now, there are two ways to cook our Masoor Dal.
- One quicker way is that cover pressure cooker with lid and get 5 to 6 whistles at high flame.
- Another way is that you get one whistle at high flame and then switch the gas flame to low. Then let lit cook at low flame for 10 minutes.
- We will go with the second option here so that the Masoor Dal will be cooked at slow flame to give its best taste out.
- So get 1 whistle at high flame and then switch the gas flame to low. Then cook at low flame for 10 minutes.
- Then switch off the gas and release the pressure. Open the lid and mix Masoor dal once.
- Then add 5 Nos chopped Green Chillies and ¼ Cup chopped Coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Though our Masoor Dal Sabut is ready at this stage but there is one important step still left. Yes, we are talking about giving it the India famous “Tadka” (Sauté). Yes, this is India’s most popular Tadka which makes our normal Masoor Dal, the tasty Tadka Masoor Dal.
See This Tadka Masoor Dal Recipe Video Here.
Step 2 – Let’s Give Our Dal a Tadka (Sauté)
Time needed: 20 minutes.
Indian Tadka Dal is famous all around the world. So let’s see how to give Masoor Dal a Tadka to make this normal Masoor Dal a Tadka Masoor Dal.
- Heat 2 TBsp cooking Oil or Ghee (Clarified Butter) in a frying pan at medium flame.
- When Oil is hot, add 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds and a pinch of Asafetida (Hing). Fry for 30 seconds till the Cumin seeds start spluttering.
- When Cumin seeds start spluttering, add 1 Nos thinly sliced Onion.
- Fry the Onions at high flame till they turn to golden brown in color.
- When Onions turn to golden brown, add this Tadka (All ingredients including Ghee/Oil and fried Onions) to Masoor Dal.
- Mix well and your Yummy Tadka Masoor Dal is ready. Serve hot with Roti, Naan, Paratha or Rice.
Hope you will enjoy this tasty Indian Tadka Masoor Dal Sabut Recipe (Lentils Recipe). Now check out few more great recipes from Meri Rasoi.
Lal Masoor Dal Tadka Recipe | Lal Masoor Dal Recipe | Red Lentils Recipe | ढाबा स्टाइल लाल मसूर दाल
Indian Masala Omelette Recipe | Spicy Omelets Recipe | नार्मल आमलेट से हो बोर तो बनाइये मसाला आमलेट
Restaurant Style Mutter Paneer Recipe | एकदम रेस्टोरेंट जैसा मटर पनीर घर पे बनायें बिलकुल आसानी से
Home Made Biryani Masala Recipe | How to Make Biryani Masala at Home | Biryani Masala
Hyderabadi Mutton Dum Biryani | Mutton Dum Biryani Recipe | Layer Biryani Recipe
Restaurant Style Chilli Chicken | Chilli Chicken Recipe | Chinese Chicken
Restaurant Style Chicken 65 Recipe | Easy Chicken 65 Recipe
Kadai Chicken Recipe | How To Make Kadai Chicken | Restaurant Style