- Cauliflower (Gobi) Florets500 Gm (Grams)FOR GREEN CHUTNEY - (Cauliflower Florets)
- Salt (Namak)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)FOR GREEN CHUTNEY
- Garlic (Lahsun)10 NosFOR GREEN CHUTNEY - 8 to 10 garlic cloves
- Green Chillies (Hari Mirch)6 NosFOR GREEN CHUTNEY
- Coriander Leaves (Hara Dhania)1/2 CupsFOR GREEN CHUTNEY
- Gram Flour (Besan)1 Cups
- Rice Flour (Chawal Ka Atta)4 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Salt (Namak)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Turmeric Powder (Haldi Powder)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Ginger Garlic Paste (Adrak Lahsun ka Paste)2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Cumin Powder (Jeera Powder)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Carom Seeds (Ajwain)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
Learn how to make crispy gobi pakoda in this easy recipe. In this recipe I will show you how can you make restaurant style crispy gobi ke pakode (Cauliflower ke padode) at home. I am going to tell you a secret here which will make your gobi pakodas very crispy and yummy. I am sure you will like this recipe. Just try once. Crisply gobi pakoda is very popular Indian street food and a very nice compliment with your evening tea.
To prepare this spicy gobi pakoda, first we marinate the cauliflower florets in a special green chutney so that the gobi pakoda will come out spicy inside. Then coated with a special batter to deep fry. We fry these gobi pakoda in two steps. In step 1 we will just half fry. This first half fry will let the gobi cook inside. And the second fry will make gobi pakora crispy and crunchy outside.
#gobipakoda #gobikepakode #merirasoi #gobipakora
Recipe Instructions for Gobi Pakora (Cauliflower Fry)
Time needed: 40 minutes
Lets first Marinate the Cauliflower Florets for Cauliflower Fry (Gobi Pakora)
- Cut the cauliflower florets into medium sized pieces and dip wash properly in warm water as it may have pesticides spread. Once washed, drain the water through a strainer.
- Make the green chutney our of Chutney ingredients. Apply 2 TBsp of Green Chutney on florets and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Then Take Gram Flour (Besan) in a big bowl, add water gradually and make a thick consistency batter.
- Then add the other batter ingredients and mix well to form a smooth thick consistency batter. See the Video
NOTE – We will fry the Gobi Pakoda in two steps to make them more crispier out side and cooked inside. In Step One we will half fry them. Then once they are cool, we will fry them again in Step Two. This way you will have more crunchy Gobi Pakoda.
Lets Fry the Gobi Pakora
Step 1 – First Fry For Gobi Pakoda Recipe
- Heat the oil in a deep skillet on medium flame. When oil is medium hot, dip each piece of cauliflower in prepared batter and put it in the oil gently. Make sure that oil drops doesn’t come out while dropping the cauliflower into oil.
- Do not overcrowd the skillet with gobi pakoras but put only a few at a time so that there is enough space for gobi pakora to cook from all sides.
- Half fry gobi pakoda on medium flame only for 2 to 3 minutes till the batter sticks well with pakodas and they become yellow in color.
- Drain out the half fried gobi pakora (cauliflower pakora) and keep aside to let them cool their own. Do this with all remaining cauliflower florets.
Step 2 – Final Fry
- Once half fried gobi pakodas get cool, press each gobi pakoda between your palms gently to flatten them. This will make the pakoda’s outer shall loose so that they will be cooked and crispier from inside too.
See it in Action in Our Video
- Heat the oil on high flame this time. Make sure oil is properly hot at high flame. Then add palm flattened gobi pakoda in hot oil gently. Fry just for 1 minute till their color is changed to dark yellow brown. Make sure you do not overcook pakoda.
- And here you go – your Gobi ke Pakode are ready when they are turned dark yellow brown. Take them out of oil on a kitchen towel or tissue paper to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot with chutney or sauce along with hot tea.
Enjoy your famous Indian Street Food at your home. Now lets check out few other great recipes from Meri Rasoi.