- Cabbage (Patta Gobhi)1 Cupschopped
- Onion (Pyaz)1 Cupschopped
- Split Bengal gram (Chana Daal)1 Cupssoaked in water for 6 hours and crushed.
- Ginger Garlic Paste (Adrak Lahsun Paste)2 Teaspoonsprefer home made ginger garlic paste
- Cinnamon Powder (Daalchini powder)1/4 Teaspoons
- Salt (Namak)1 Teaspoonsor to taste
- Refined Oilfor deep frying
Cabbage onion pakoda (band gobhi aur pyaz ka pakoda) is served as a starter recipe and is very tasty. Cabbage onion pakoda recipe can also be served as snacks that you can enjoy with evening tea. It’s a must to have snack with evening tea in raining season for many people. See the preparation steps for this tasty and mouth watering cabbage onion pakoda recipe.
Preparation Steps for Onion Cabbage Pakoda Recipe
1. Soak the chana daal in fresh water for 6 hours.
2. Take the chana daal out of water and crush in mixer/grinder.
3. Take the chana daal crush in a big bowl and add crushed onion, crushed cabbage, salt, fresh ginger garlic paste and cinnamon powder to chana dal paste. mix well.
4. Heat the oil in a deep skillet. Once oil is hot, deep fry the small chunks of pakoda out of prepared mixture.
5. Serve onion cabbage pakoda with sauce or chutney.
Don't use the packed ready-made ginger garlic paste, use home made paste instead. To make ginger garlic paste at home, take ginger and garlic in equal quantity and grind in grinder well with little amount of water added.
Pakoda tastes yummy and spicy with curd and green chilli chutney.