Cabbage Onion Pakoda Recipe
See the preparation steps for this tasty and mouth watering snacks recipe. Cabbage Onion Pakoda (Band Gobhi aur Pyaz ka Pakoda) is considered as a starter recipe and is very popular crispy and tasty snacks served in all parts of India. For many people this is a must to have snack with their evening tea especially in rainy season. You can also see Cabbage onion pakoda being served in many parties at different occasions.
Preparation Steps for Onion Cabbage Pakoda Recipe
Time needed: 30 minutes.
Let’s see the how to prepare the cabbage onion pakodas.
- Soak the Chana Daal (Split Bengal gram) in fresh water for 6 hours.
- Take Chana Daal out of water and crush in mixer/grinder.
- Take the crushed Chana Daal Paste in a big bowl and add roughly chopped Onion, roughly chopped Cabbage, Salt, fresh Ginger Garlic Paste, Red Chilli Powder and Cinnamon Powder, then mix well.
- Heat the oil in a deep skillet. When oil is hot, deep fry the small chunks of Pakoda out of prepared mixture on medium-high flame.
- When Pakodas are fried well, take out on tissue paper or kitchen towel to soak the extra oil. Make sure not to overcook.
- Enjoy pakodas hot with sauce or chutney and a cup of hot tea.
Check out some other snacks recipes from Meri Rasoi
Don't use the packed ready-made ginger garlic paste, use home made paste instead. To make ginger garlic paste at home, take ginger and garlic in equal quantity and grind in grinder well with little amount of water added. Pakoda tastes yummy and spicy with curd and green chilli chutney.