- Gram Flour (Besan)1 Cups
- Bread Slices8 slices Nos
- Asafoetida (Hing)1/4 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Baking Powder1/4 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Carom Seeds (Ajwain)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Potato (Aloo)2 Nos
- Garlic (Lahsun)8 to 10 cloves Nosminced
- Ginger Fresh (Adrak)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)minced
- Vegetable Oil1 Cups
- Garam Masala Powder1/4 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Turmeric Powder (Haldi Powder)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Mustard Seeds (Sarson ke Daane)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Onion (Pyaz)1 Noschopped
- Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Water (Paani)1/4 Cups
- Salt (Namak)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)(or to taste)
Bread Aloo Pakoda, also spelled as Bread Aloo Pakora, is one of the famous Indian street food snacks served all around the country. It is filled with Potato stuffing and tastes very yummy. Bread Aloo Pakoda Recipe is an easy recipe to try at home. It is very good compliment with your afternoon tea and to makes your rainy day a perfect rainy day. See the preparation method for Bread Pakoda Recipe below.
Preparation Steps for Bread Aloo Pakoda Recipe
We prepare the Bread Pakoda in two steps. In first step we will prepare the stuffing and in second step, we will make Bread Pakodas.
Lets Prepare the Filling for Bread Aloo Pakoda Recipe
- Boil the Potatoes, peel and mash them properly. Keep aside to let them cool.
- In the meantime till Potatoes get cool, lets prepare the batter.
- Take the Gram flour (Besan), Carom Seeds (Ajwain), Asafetida (hing), Baking Powder and Salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Now add the water to this mixture slowly in chunks and mix it well to form a smooth and thick consistency batter. Keep it aside.
- Now heat two Tsp of oil in a frying pan. When oil is hot, add mustard seeds in it and fry for 1 minute.
- After a minute, when mustard seeds start spluttering, add chopped Onion in the frying pan and fry for one more minute till the onions are golden brown.
- Now add ground Ginger and Garlic to the frying pan and fry for a minute.
- Add Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder and Salt to the frying pan, mix well and fry for one more minute.
- Now add the mashed Potatoes and Garam Masala Powder to frying pan, mix well and fry for two minutes. Your filling (stuffing) for Bread Pakora is ready, take it out in a bowl.
Now Lets Make Bread Pakodas
- Cut and remove the harder sides of bread slices.
- Cut each bread slice diagonally in two parts so that each piece is in triangular shape.
- Fill the potato stuffing between two triangular pieces of bread slices.
- Heat enough oil in a deep frying pan for deep fry.
- When oil is hot, dip the above prepared Bread Pakora in prepared batter properly to cover it entirely with batter; and put the pakora carefully in hot oil.
- Fry Bread Pakodas on medium-high heat carefully; make sure they are not over cooked and not burnt.
- When the Bread Pakoras are done, take them out of oil and place on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Your Bread Pakora are ready, serve hot with sauce or green chutney and hot tea.
Check out these great recipes too from Meri Rasoi