- Gram flour (besan)1 Cups
- Bread Slices8 slices
- Asafetida (hing)¼ Teaspoons
- Baking powder¼ Teaspoons
- Tymol seeds (ajwain)½ Teaspoons
- Potatoes2 nos
- Garlic2 pods2 pods, ground
- Ginger½ inchground
- Cooking oil1 Cups
- Garam masala powder¼ Teaspoons
- Turmeric powder½ Teaspoons
- Mustard seeds½ Teaspoons
- Onion1 noschopped
- Red chilli powder½ Teaspoons
- Water¼ Cups
- Saltto tasteto taste
Bread Pakora, also spelled as bread pakora, is one of the famous Indian street food snacks served all around the country. Bread pakora is filled with potato stuffing and tastes very yummy. Bread pakoda recipe is an easy recipe to try at home. It is very good compliment with your afternoon tea and to make your rainy day a perfect rainy day. See the preparation method for bread pakoda recipe below.
Preparation Steps for Bread Pakoda Recipe
Let’s make the batter first:
1. Take the gram flour, tymol seeds (ajwain), asafetida (hing), baking powder and salt in a bowl and mix well.
2. Now add the water to this mixture slowly and mix it well to form a smooth and thick batter.
Now let’s, prepare the filling for bread pakoras
3. Boil the potatoes, peel and mash them properly.
4. Heat two tsp of oil in a frying pan; when oil is hot, add mustard seeds in the oil.
5. After a minute, when mustard seeds start splutter, add chopped onion in the frying pan and fry for a minute till the onions are golden brown.
6. Now add ground ginger and garlic to the fry pan and fry for a minute.
7. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt to the frying pan, mix well and fry for few seconds.
8. Now add the mashed potatoes and garam masala powder to frying pan, mix well and fry for a minute. Your filling for bread pakora is ready, take it out in a bowl.
Now lets make the Bread Pakoda
9. Cut and remove the harder sides of the bread.
10. Cut each bread slice diagonally in two parts so that each piece is in triangular shape.
11. Fill the potato stuffing between two triangular pieces of bread slices.
12. Heat enough oil in a deep frying pan for deep fry.
13. When oil is hot, dip the above prepared bread pakora in batter properly to cover it entirely with batter; and put the pakora carefully in hot oil.
14. Fry bread pakoda on medium-high heat carefully; make sure they are not over cooked and not burnt.
15. When the bread pakoras are done, take team out of oil and place on a paper towel to remove excess oil. Your bread pakora is ready. Serve hot with sauce or green chutney and hot tea.