- Potatoes6 – 8medium size
- Green Chili11 nos, finely chopped
- Cilantro (Coriander Leaves)1 Tablespoonsfreshly chopped
- Red Chilli powder1 – 2 Teaspoonsor as per taste
- Bread Crumbs3 – 4 Teaspoons
- Garam Masala1 Teaspoons
- Ginger1 Teaspoonsgrated or finely chopped
- Oil2 Tablespoonsfor cooking
- Salt1 Teaspoonsor to taste
Aloo tikki recipe or Potato Cutlets recipe is very common recipe under street foods in India. Aloo tikki is one of the most popular Indian street food. You will find it on streets of almost every market. Aloo tikki comes under a collective group of snack items called ‘Chaat’.
Preparation Steps for Aloo Tikki Recipe
1. Boil the potatoes and peel them once they are cool. Mash the boiled potatoes properly.
2. Mix all the above ingredients (except oil) to mashed potatoes and mix well with your hands.
3. Take 1 tablespoon of this mixture and make equal size small balls of it. Take this between your palms and press it to flatten a bit; keep aside. Repeat same process with all the remaining mixture and make flattened round balls of all the mixture, keep them aside.
4. Heat a non-sick pan or iron skillet and drizzle some oil into it.
5. When oil is hot place the aloo tikki and cook it on medium flame.
6. When aloo tikki is golden brown from down side, flip it to cook on other side.
7. Add some more oil if needed.
8. Serve hot either plain, with curd or tomato sauce.
You can add some peas to the mixture to give your aloo tikki a variation.