- Potato (Aloo)7 to 8 Nosmedium size
- Green Chillies (Hari Mirch)3 Nosfinely chopped
- Coriander Leaves (Hara Dhania)1/2 Cupsfreshly chopped
- Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)or as per taste
- Bread Crumbs3 to 4 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Garam Masala Powder1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Ginger Fresh (Adrak)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)grated or finely chopped
- Vegetable Oil4 TBsp (Tablespoons)for shallow fry
- Salt (Namak)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)(or to taste)
Aloo Tikki Recipe or Potato Cutlets Recipe is one of the most common Indian street foods. In fact, in almost every market whether small or big, you will see the stalls of Aloo Tikki. Not only on road side street food market but in good restaurants and dhabas too you will find this amazing snack. Aloo tikki comes under a collective group of snack items called ‘Chaat’. I am sure you will love this Aloo Tikki Recipe, so lets begin.
Preparation Steps for Aloo Tikki Recipe
So here are the preparation steps for this wonderful Indian street snacks recipe.
- Boil the Potatoes and let them cool. When cool, peel them and mash properly.
- Mix all the above ingredients (except oil) to mashed potatoes and mix well with your hands.
- Take 1 TBsp of this mixture and make equal size small balls of it. Take this potato ball between your palms and press to flatten a bit to give it a tikki shape; keep aside. Repeat same process with all the remaining mixture and make flattened round balls of all the mixture, keep them aside.
- Heat 2 TBsp Oil in a non-sick pan or iron skillet.
- When oil is hot place the aloo tikki and cook it on medium flame.
- When aloo tikki is golden brown from down side, flip it gently to cook on other side.
- Add some more oil if needed.
- Serve hot either plain, with curd, imli sauce or tomato sauce.
There could be variety of things added to this recipe. Some people like to add grated Paneer in Aloo Tikki mixture while some likes to add boiled Peas. You can add whatever you like, just give it a try by adding one.
You may also want to see few other great recipes from our list
You can add some peas to the mixture to give your aloo tikki a variation.