- All Purpose Flour (Maida)1.5 Cups(FOR SAMOSA COVERING)
- Vegetable Oil1 TBsp (Tablespoons)(FOR SAMOSA COVERING)
- Water (Paani)1 Cups(FOR SAMOSA COVERING)
- Carom Seeds (Ajwain)1/4 Tsp (Teaspoons)(FOR SAMOSA COVERING)
- Salt (Namak)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)(FOR SAMOSA COVERING)
- Potato (Aloo)4 Nos(FOR STUFFING) - Boiled, Peeled and Mashed
- Green Peas (Hari Matar)1/2 Cups(FOR STUFFING) - Boiled with a little salt
- Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)(FOR STUFFING)
- Garam Masala Powder1/4 Tsp (Teaspoons)(FOR STUFFING)
- Green Chillies (Hari Mirch)1(FOR STUFFING) - Chopped
- Coriander Leaves (Hara Dhania)1/2 Cups(FOR STUFFING) - Chopped
- Raisins (Kishmish or Munakka)2 Tsp (Teaspoons)(FOR STUFFING) - (optional)
- Mango Powder (Amchur Powder)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)(FOR STUFFING)
- Salt (Namak)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)(FOR STUFFING) - or to taste
Vegetable Samosa is a very common fried Indian street food and comes under snack recipes. Everybody is fond of vegetable samosa. Vegetable samosa is prepared by stuffing the vegetables in the covering of All-Purpose Flour (Maida) dough and then frying in hot oil. Samosa with hot tea can make your rainy day a perfect rainy day. Vegetable samosa generally is a fried or baked triangular pastry filled with the stuffing prepared from potatoes, peas, etc. So let’s see the preparation steps for this crispy and spicy vegetable samosa recipe.
Preparation Steps for Vegetable Samosa Recipe
We will prepare the Vegetable Samosa in 3 simple steps. So firstly in step one, we will make the dough for Vegetable Samosa covering. Then in step two, we will make the stuffing (filling) mixture. And finally, in the third step, we will make this spicy, crispy, and yummy Vegetable Samosa.
Step 1 – Make Covering for Vegetable Samosa Recipe
- Take all the ingredients for (FOR SAMOSA COVERING) except the water in a big bowl. Blend all these well with hands so that oil is well mixed to form a uniform consistency mixture.
- Then add little water as required in chunks to knead a soft dough. Pat and knead well for several times into a soft pliable dough.
- Your dough for Samosa covering is ready, cover the dough with a damp (wet) cloth and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
Step 2 – Make Stuffing (Filling) for Samosa
- Take boiled and mashed potatoes in a big bowl and add all the stuffing ingredients (FOR STUFFING) into it.
- Just to recap the stuffing ingredients includes Mashed Potatoes, Red Chilli Powder, Salt, Mango Powder (Amchur Powder), Garam Masala Powder, Green Chillies, Boiled Green Peas, Raisins (optional) and Coriander leaves.
- Then mix all these well to form a uniform mixture and your stuffing mixture for Samosa is ready. Keep aside.
Step 3 – Now Lets Make the Vegetable Samosa
So now when you have the Samosa dough and Samosa filling (stuffing) ready this is the time to make Vegetable Samosa. Follow these simple steps to make your Samosa.
- Divide the dough into small equal-sized dough balls (about 1 TBsp for each ball). Now take one dough ball and roll it into a 4 to 5 inch diameter round chapatti. Do not make it too thin.
- Cut the chapattis into two equal parts so that you would have two semi-circle chapattis from one circle chapatti.
- Now take one semi circle chapatti and fold it like a cone. Use water to seal the joints of the cone.
Add enough filling (from above-prepared stuffing) in the cone and seal the third side too using a drop of water. Repeat this process with all semi-circle chapatis.
- Now, heat enough oil for deep fry in a deep and heavy bottom skillet (kadhai) and deep fry the vegetable samosas on medium-high flame till the samosa are golden brown in color.
- When the Vegetable Samosas are golden brown in color, take them out of oil on a kitchen towel or tissue paper to absorb excess oil.
And your vegetable samosa is ready, serve hot with your favorite chutney, tamarind chutney or tomato sauce.
Check out some other snacks recipes from Meri Rasoi