- ***FOR SAMOSA COVERING***
- Refined Wheat Flour (Maida)1 Cups
- Oil2 Teaspoons
- Waterenough to knead dough
- Carom Seeds (Ajwain)¼ Teaspoons(optional)
- Salt1/4 Teaspoonsa pinch
- ***FOR SAMOSA STUFFING***
- Potatoes4 nos4 nos (boiled, peeled and mashed)
- Green Peas½ Cups(boiled)
- Red Chili Powder1 Teaspoonsor to taste
- Garam Masala Powder½ Teaspoons
- Ginger½ Teaspoonscrushed
- Green Chilli1 nos1 nos
- Coriander Leaves1 Teaspoonsfinely chopped
- Raisins2 Teaspoons(optional)
- Dry Mango (Amchur) Powder1/2 Teaspoons(optional)
- Salt1/2 Teaspoonsor to taste
Vegetable Samosa is a very common fried Indian street food and comes under snacks recipes. Everybody is fond of vegetable samosa. Vegetable samosa is prepared by stuffing the vegetables in covering of refined wheat flour (maida) dough and then frying in hot oil. Samosa with hot tea can make your rainy day a perfect rainy day. Vegetable samosa generally is a fried or baked triangular pastry filled with the stuffing prepared from potatoes, peas etc. See the preparation steps of vegetable samosa recipe.
Preparation Steps for Vegetable Samosa Recipe
Let’s prepare the dough for cover first.
1. Mix all the ingredients of COVER except the water.
2. Now, add little water to refined wheat flour (maida). Pat and knead well for several times into a soft pliable dough.
3. Your dough for cover of vegetable samosa is ready, Cover the dough with damp (wet) cloth and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
Lets prepare the stuffing now
4. Take mashed potatoes in a bowl and add chilli powder, salt, mango powder (amchur powder), garam masala powder, green chillies and ginger. Mix well.
5. Now add boiled green peas, raisins and coriander leaves to this stuffing mixture and mix well. Your stuffing for vegetable samosa is ready, keep it aside.
6. Divide the dough into small balls. Now take one dough ball and roll it into a 4 to 5 inch diameter round chapatti. Do not make it too thin.
7. Cut the chapatti into two parts so that you would have two semi-circle chapattis from one circle chapatti.
8. Now take one semi circle chapatti and fold it like a cone. Use water to seal the joints of cone.
Add enough filling (from above prepared stuffing) in the cone and seal the third side using a drop of water. Repeat this process with all semi-circle chapatis.
9. Now, heat enough oil for deep fry in a deep skillet (kadahi) and deep fry the vegetable samosas on medium-high flame till the samosa are golden brown in color.
10. Your vegetable samosa are ready, serve hot with your favorite chutney, tamarind chutney or tomato sauce.