- Paneer250 Gm (Grams)
- Gram Flour (Besan)1 Cups
- Water (Paani)1/2 Cups
- Green Chillies Jalapeno (Hari Mirch Jalapeno)1 to 2 Noschopped
- Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Salt (Namak)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Vegetable Oilfor deep fry
- Chat Masala Powder1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
Paneer Pakora Recipe or Paneer Pakoda Recipe is a recipe for a very common Indian street food snack. Although there could be many variations of the Paneer Pakora Recipe, and this one here is the most simple and quick version. But NO, do not assume that if this is simple and quick it would not be good. This is the specialty of this Paneer Pakoda Recipe. This is simple and quick to make but perfect to explore your taste buds. I am sure you will ask for more after you eat your first Paneer Pakora (Paneer Pakoda).
Paneer Pakoda is especially liked in the rainy season a lot. Most people like Paneer (Cheese) in any form. Even if you didn’t eat Paneer Pakoda (Paneer Pakora) before, just try this one and I am sure you will make it again and again. Though you will find Paneer Pakora in all Indian street markets, restaurants, and dhabas, it’s easy to make it at home. So let’s see the preparation method for this spicy Paneer Pakora Recipe.
Preparation Steps for Paneer Pakora Recipe
Time needed: 30 minutes.
So follow these easy steps to make your Paneer Pakoda (Paneer Pakora).
- Take Gram Flour, Green Chillies, 1/4 Tsp Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder), and 1/4 Tsp Salt in a big bowl and mix well. Now add Water in chunks to make a uniform batter. Add water in chunks so the batter should not be too diluted. The batter should be of medium-thick consistency. You can adjust the quantity of Red Chilli Powder and Salt as per your taste.
- To make this batter more fluffy, you can optionally beat it in a blender for 4-5 minutes to incorporate air into it. This will make the batter fluffier but this step is optional.
- Then keep the batter aside for 15 minutes at a warm place.
- In the meantime, mix 1/4 Tsp Salt, 1/4 Tsp Chili powder, and 1/2 Tsp Chat Masala Powder in a small bowl. Sprinkle this mixture all around the paneer cubes.
- Now heat the oil in a deep frying pan on medium flame. When the oil is hot, dip the Paneer cubes in prepared batter and add to oil gently. Do this for the rest of the Paneer cubes.
- Deep fry the Paneer cubes on medium flame. Keep flipping frequently so Paneer Pakodas should be fried from all sides.
- Make sure that paneer pakoras should not be overcooked and burnt. When paneer pakora turns golden brown, take them out of oil and put on a paper towel or tissue paper to absorb the excess oil.
- And here you go – your Paneer Pakora is ready, serve hot with Green Chutney or Tomato Sauce.
I hope you will enjoy making your Paneer Pakoda at home for your evening tea. In the meantime, let’s check out a few other great recipes from our Menu.