- Fish (Machhli)500 Gm (Grams)Boneless
- Egg (Anda)1 NosRaw Beaten Egg
- Potato (Aloo)2 NosBoiled, Peeled and Mashed
- Bengal Grams (Kala Chana)2 Tsp (Teaspoons)Roasted and Powderd
- Red Chilli Whole Dried (Sukhi Laal Mirch Sabut)2 Tsp (Teaspoons)Coarsely Ground
- Salt (Namak)1.5 Tsp (Teaspoons)or to Taste
- Black Pepper Powder (Kali Mirch Powder)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Cumin Powder (Jeera Powder)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Coriander Leaves (Hara Dhania)1/4 Cupsthinly chopped
- Ginger Garlic Paste (Adrak Lahsun ka Paste)2 Tsp (Teaspoons)Homemade
- Tamarind Sauce (Imli Sauce)3 Tsp (Teaspoons)Soak Tamarind in water for 3 minutes, and rub to make thick tamarind sauce
- Green Chillies (Hari Mirch)6Chopped
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves (Kasoori Methi)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Vegetable Oil4 TBsp (Tablespoons)for shallow fry
Learn how to make fish shami kabab in this spicy fish kabab recipe. Shami kabab or shaami kabab is one of the most popular kababs from Indian subcontinent. It is an integral part of Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi cuisine. To prepare Fish shaami kabab we first boil the boneless fish and mix some easily available spices in it. Then we make kababs/kabaabs (petties) out of this mixture and shallow fry them. Easy? Yes, it’s easy. Easy, super delicious and healthy being a seafood full of vitamins and minerals.
Most importantly fish contains Omega-3, a highly essential fatty acid to fight Depression and Anxiety, improve Eye health, lessen the risk of heart disease and much more. You can take any fish for this fish shami kabab recipe which could be boneless easily. #fishshamikababrecipe #fishkabab #merirasoi #fishrecipe Please try this recipe and let me know your comments.
So all set with ingredients for Fish Shami Kababs (Fish Patties)? Let’s get started and make these spicy Delhi style Fish Shami Kabab following these simple recipe instructions.
Step 1 – Prepare the Kabab Mixture
Well, we have to first make the mixture ready for making Fish Kababs. Follow these recipe instructions below to make Kabab mixture.
- Wash 500 Grams boneless and skinless Fish properly. Use Salt and Lemon juice to wash Fish so that any unpleasant odor should get removed out of Fish.
- Now take these boneless fish in a pan and boil at high flame. Do not add any extra water as the Fish will leave water while boiling. Simply add fish to the pan and put it on gas flame.
- Then Cook for 6 to 8 minutes at high flame till the Fish are cooked. DO not overcook. IT will also be cooked while making Shami Kababs out of this boiled Fish mixture.
- Take out the boiled Fish and keep in a strainer for about 10 minutes to strain all the water out of boiled Fish. Let the Fish be cool.
- When Fish get cooled, take them in a big bowl and mesh with your hands. Check out and remove if your still find any bones part in Fish mixture.
**NOTE – To make Fish Shami Kabab (Fish Patty), our Kabab mixture should be of thick consistency. So if you see there’s still any water left in boiled Fish mixture, squeeze it out.
- Then add all the Kabab spices to this Fish mixture. So you need to add 2 Tsp Roasted Bengal Grams Powder (Bhuna Chana Powder), 1.5 Tsp Salt (Namak) (or to Taste), 1 Tsp Black Pepper Powder (Kali Mirch Powder) and 1 Tsp Cumin Powder (Jeera Powder).
- Add 1 Tsp Dried Fenugreek Leaves (Kasoori Methi) and ¼ cup thinly chopped Coriander Leaves (Hara Dhania).
- Then add 2 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste (Adrak Lahsun ka Paste) preferably homemade. To make homemade Ginger Garlic paste, take 40% Ginger and 60% Garlic and grind with little water to make a fine paste. You can keep this homemade Ginger Garlic paste for about 15 days in refrigerator.
- Add 3 Tsp Tamarind Sauce (Imli Sauce). You can easily make it at home, if readymade Tamarind sauce is not available.
(To make Tamarind Sauce at home, Soak Tamarind in water for 10 minutes. Then rub to make thick tamarind sauce.
- Add 6 to 7 thinly chopped Green Chillies (Hari Mirch).
- Then Add 2 Nos coarsely ground Whole Dried Red Chillies (Sukhi Laal Mirch Sabut).
- Add 2 Nos boiled and finely mashed Potatoes (Aloo).
- Then Add 1 Nos raw beaten Egg (Anda).
- Now mix the fish patty (kabab) mixture very well with your hands to make a thick mixture with a uniform consistency.
- Then make equal sized Fish Patties (Fish Kababs) and keep all them in a plate which we will shallow fry in our next step for making Fish Shami Kabab.
See This Fish Shami Kabab Recipe Video Here.
Step 2 – Let’s Fry and See How to Make Fish Shami Kabab
Time needed: 40 minutes.
When making Fish Shami Kababs, note an important point that we have to shallow fry the Kababs (Patties). Do not do the deep fry otherwise they will not remain Shami Kabab but will become fried patties. So we have the Fish kabab mixture ready, now let’s follow these simple recipe instructions for Fish Kabab Recipe to make our Delhi Indian Style Fish Kababs (Patties).
- Heat 1 TBsp oil in a non-stick wide frying pan or non-stick flat griddle to shallow fry the Fish patties (Fish Kababs). Make sure that your Fish patties should only partially dip in Oil and not fully dipped. To clarify again, we have to shallow fry the Kababs, not to deep fry.
- When oil is hot at medium heat, gently add Fish Kababs one by one.
- Fry from one side for about 3 to 4 minutes from one side at medium flame. Do not overcook.
- Then very gently flip the Fish patties so they are fried from other side too. Take care while flipping the Fish patty so it should not break.
- Then fry just for 2 to 3 minutes from other side too at medium flame. Do not overcook.
- When your fish kababs are fried, take them out on tissue paper to absorb extra Oil.
- Repeat the same process with all the Fish patties left.
- Your Indian style delicious and mouth-melting Fish Kababs are ready to serve. Serve hot with your favorite Sauce or Chutney.
Hope you will enjoy your Yummy Spicy Indian Style Fish Shami Kababs or Fish Petty Recipe. Let’s check out other great recipes below at meri rasoi.
Easy Egg Biryani Recipe | Easy Egg Dum Biryani | Egg Biryani in Kadhai | Anda Biryani
Muradabadi Yakhni Mutton Biryani
Egg Maggi Masala | Breakfast Recipe | Street Style Anda Maggie Masala
Fish Kofta Curry Recipe | Fish Meatball Recipe | Fish Kofta Masala Recipe
Dhaba Style Chicken Keema Recipe | Minced Butter Chicken Recipe | Chicken Keema Recipe