- Potato (Aloo)1 Kg (Kilograms)
- Onion (Pyaz)2 NosChopped
- Tomato (Tamatar)2 Noschopped
- Coriander Leaves (Hara Dhania)1/4 Cups
- Maggie Masala1 Tsp (Teaspoons)Optional
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)1.5 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Salt (Namak)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Turmeric Powder (Haldi Powder)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Garam Masala Powder1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Mango Powder (Amchur Powder)1/2 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Ginger Garlic Paste (Adrak Lahsun ka Paste)1 Tsp (Teaspoons)
- Green Chillies (Hari Mirch)5 NosChopped
Learn how to make aloo ki sabzi for puri aloo recipe in this Indian street food recipe. This Aloo Sabzi Recipe is the complimentary recipe for Bhandara Style Aloo Puri Recipe. We have posted this complete Aloo Poori recipe (Aloo Puri Recipe) in two separate recipes. This recipe for Aloo ki Sabzi Recipe is the first of two recipes in series of “Halwai Style Aloo Poori Recipe”. In this recipe we have prepared Aloo Sabzi for Aloo Poori recipe. In our next recipe we have prepared Poori for “Halwai Style Aloo Poori Recipe”. #aloopoorisabzi, #aloosabzi #merirasoi
Second Recipe for Halwai style Poori Recipe is available at below link.
India is famous for it’s snacks and street foods. Aloo Poori is one the most loved foods in India. Whether it is a religious gathering, party or halwai shop, you will find aloo poori everywhere. There are lots of Aloo Poori recipes available on internet but this Aloo poori recipe we have prepared in traditional Halwai style as you will find in Bhandara, Marriage parties or in other famous Halwai shop and good restaurants. In this time of coronavirus spread and lockdowns, it’s not safe to eat outside. So, let’s enjoy your traditional halwai style hygienic aloo poori in this rainy season at your home.
Step 1 – Boil and Mash the Potatoes
As the name suggests, Potato is the key ingredients for this Indian street food Aloo Sabji Recipe for Aloo Puri. Follow these simple steps to prepare the boiled Potatoes.
- Boil 1 Kilogram large sized Potatoes
- When boiled, let the Potatoes cool.
- When Potatoes are cool, peel and mash them with the help of a Masher. The trick here is that do not mash too hard but you need to keep the Potato pieces in larger size.
See This Aloo Sabzi Recipe Video Here.
Step 2 – Let’s See How to Make Aloo Puri Sabji
Time needed: 40 minutes
So we have the Potatoes boiled and mashed in large pieces, let’s get started and make the Indian bhandara style Aloo Sabzi for Aloo Puri Recipe. Follow these simple recipe instructions for this yummy Indian street food recipe.
- Heat 3 to 4 TBsp Oil in a large Skillet. When the Oil is hot, add 1 Tsp Cumin seeds. Fry for 30 to 40 seconds till the Cumin seeds start spluttering.
- When Cumin seeds start spluttering, immediately add 2 Nos chopped Onions. Stir fry for 3 to 4 minutes at high flame till the Onions start turning light brown.
- Then add 1 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste (Adrak Lahsun Paste), preferably homemade.
(To make Ginger garlic paste at home take 40% Ginger and 60% Garlic and grind them with little water to make a fine paste. You can keep this homemade Ginger Garlic paste for about 15 days in refrigerator)
- Fry for 1 more minute after adding the Ginger Garlic paste.
- Now switch the gas flame to low as we have to add the powdered spices.
- So add 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi Powder), 1.5 Tsp Red Chilli Powder (Laal Mirch Powder) and 1 Tsp Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder).
- Mix well and fry these spices at low flame for a minute. Adding these spices directly to oil will give a nice red color to our Aloo sabji recipe. But do not cook the powdered spices in Oil for more than a minute otherwise the spices will get burn.
- After 1 minute immediately add 2 Nos chopped Tomatoes (Tamatar) and 1 Tsp Salt. The Salt will help Tomatoes cook faster, so we should add Salt along with Tomatoes.
- Cook covered for 4 to 5 minutes at medium flame. Stir occasionally.
- When tomatoes are cooked and spices start leaving Oil, optionally add 1 small pouch of Maggi Masala. Mix Well.
If Maggi masala is not available you can also add ¼ tsp of Ajinomoto. You can even omit both of these, if not available.
- Then add the mashed Potatoes and mix well but gently so that Potatoes should not mashed up.
- Then add ¼ Tsp Mango Powder (Amchur Powder) and ½ Tsp Garam Masala Powder. Gently mix well.
- Then cook covered at low flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Then add ¼ cup Coriander Leaves (Hara Dhania) and 5 Nos chopped Green Chillies (Hari Mirch). Mix well.
- See – if you like the dry Aloo Sabzi, then your Aloo Sabzi is ready at this stage. You can dish out and serve with Naan, Puri, Roti or Paratha.
But because we are making Halwai style Indian street food and Bhandara style Aloo Sabji, we will add 1.5 glass of water to this Aloo puri sabzi.
- Mix well and cook covered at low flame for about 15 minutes so the aloo sabzi will leave the Oil.
- Your Aloo Puri Sabji is ready. Mix well and serve hot with Puri, Roti, Naan, Paratha or Rice. You can even eat it alone with a spoon, it will still taste amazing.
Hope you will enjoy this spicy Indian street food i.e. Halwai style Aloo Puri ki Sabzi recipe. Now check out few more great recipes from Meri Rasoi.
Lal Masoor Dal Tadka Recipe | Lal Masoor Dal Recipe | Red Lentils Recipe | ढाबा स्टाइल लाल मसूर दाल
Indian Masala Omelette Recipe | Spicy Omelets Recipe | नार्मल आमलेट से हो बोर तो बनाइये मसाला आमलेट
Restaurant Style Mutter Paneer Recipe | एकदम रेस्टोरेंट जैसा मटर पनीर घर पे बनायें बिलकुल आसानी से
Home Made Biryani Masala Recipe | How to Make Biryani Masala at Home | Biryani Masala
Hyderabadi Mutton Dum Biryani | Mutton Dum Biryani Recipe | Layer Biryani Recipe
Restaurant Style Chilli Chicken | Chilli Chicken Recipe | Chinese Chicken
Restaurant Style Chicken 65 Recipe | Easy Chicken 65 Recipe
Kadai Chicken Recipe | How To Make Kadai Chicken | Restaurant Style
steps to be written here....