Biryani Masala Recipe | How to Make Biryani Masala at Home | Homemade Biryani Masala
Learn how to make the perfect Biryani Masala Powder Recipe at home. Everybody likes Biryani whether it is chicken biryani, mutton biryani or any other meat biryani. When it comes to make Biryani, we need a secret ingredient in biryani making i.e. biryani masala. Though there are varieties of readymade biryani masala available in market but the perfect biryani masala is made at home. In this recipe we will guide you how to make biryani masala at home (बिरयानी मसाला घर पे कैसे बनायें). Home made biryani masala is always better than market ready #biryanimasala. You can keep this home made biryani masala powder in an air tight container for 6 months.
To give a rough measurement, if you are making biryani of 500 Grams chicken or mutton, just add 1 TBsp of this homemade biryani masala powder and your biryani will become perfect biryani. When it comes to ingredients for perfect homemade biryani masala powder, quantity of spices matters a lot. So please make sure that take these ingredients in exact same quantity when you are making biryanis masala powder at home. #biryanimasalapowder #biryanimasala #merirasoi
How to Make Perfect Biryani Masala Powder
When we talk about Biryani Masala, it’s important to take the spices ingredients in balanced quantities. People more or less use almost the same ingredient spices but this is the balanced quantities of spices which makes a Biryani Masala, the Perfect Biryani Masala. Hence make sure that you follow this recipe properly and take care of quantities of spices mentioned here in this prefect Biryani Masala Recipe. So let’s go ahead and follow these simple recipe instructions for a perfect homemade Biryani Masala Powder.
Step 1 – Roast Whole Spices at Low Flame
This is really important. Before we grind the whole spices for biryani masala powder, this is important to roast them in a pan at very low flame. So follow these steps below to dry roast the whole spices.
- In a bowl, mix whole spices which we need to roast.
- So add 3 TBsp Coriander Seeds (साबुत धनिया), 1.5 TBsp Fennel Seeds (सौंफ), 5 to 6 Nos Bay Leaf (तेजपत्ता), 1 TBsp Cumin Seeds (जीरा), 1 TBsp Shahi Jeera (शाही जीरा, काला जीरा), 8 to 10 Nos Dried Whole Red Chillies (साबुत लाल मिर्च), 3 Nos Star Anise(चक्र फूल, बाद्यान फूल), 2 Nos Mace (जावित्री), 1 Nos Nutmeg (जायफल), 3 Nos Cinnamon Stick (दालचीनी) (1 inch pieces), 1 Tsp Black Pepper Powder (काली मिर्च पाउडर), 1 Tsp Cloves (लौंग), 4 Nos Black Cardamom (बड़ी इलाइची) and 15 to 20 Nos Green Cardamom (छोटी इलाइची).
- Heat a pan at medium flame.
- When pan becomes hot at medium flame, then switch the gas flame to lowest flame.
- Now add the whole spices and roast these spices for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Keep stirring and make sure spices should not burn.
See This Perfect Biryani Masala Recipe Video Here.
- After 5 to 6 minutes of roasting at low flame, the spices will start leaving their nice aroma. This is the time to switch off the gas.
- Then take out all the whole spices in a plate and let them cool for 10 minutes.
Step 2 – Finally See How to Make Biryani Masala Powder
Time needed: 10 minutes.
So, we have the whole spices roasted now let’s make our Biryani Masala Powder. Follow these simple recipe instructions to make our perfect Biryani Masala Powder.
- Take all the roasted spices in a grinder and grind them.
- Do not make too fine powder but keep it little coarse.
See This Perfect Biryani Masala Recipe Video Here.
- Then take out the ground whole spices in a big bowl. Now we will add the powdered spices to this coarse powder of whole spices.
- So add 1 TBsp Kashmiri Red Chillies Powder (कशमरी लाल मिर्च पाउडर), 1 TBsp Turmeric Powder (हल्दी पाउडर), 1 TBsp Garlic Powder (लहसुन पाउडर), ½ TBsp Ginger Powder (सौंठ पाउडर).
NOTE – The Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder is not spicy and is used just to give a nice reddish color to your Biryani. So you should only add the “Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder” and “Turmeric Powder” if you are making the Biryani Masala Powder for Layered or Hyderabadi Biryani. But if you are making the Biryani Masala Powder for Muradabadi or yakhni Biryani, then do not add “Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder” and “Turmeric Powder”.
You can completely omit adding Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder, if you do not want to.
- Mix well and your Perfect Biryani Masala powder is ready. Keep this Biryani Masala Powder in an air-tight container. You can store it for up to 6 months, if kept in air-tight container.
- So to give a rough measurement, when you need to make Biryani for 500 Grams Rice, take 1 TBsp or 3 Tsp of this Biryani Masala Powder.
Hope you will enjoy this perfect Biryani Masala Powder Recipe. See few of other great recipes at Meri Rasoi:
Easy Egg Biryani Recipe | Easy Egg Dum Biryani | Egg Biryani in Kadhai | Anda Biryani
Hyderabadi Mutton Dum Biryani | Mutton Dum Biryani Recipe | Layer Biryani Recipe
Chicken Yakhni Biryani | Muradabadi Yakhni Biryani | Chicken Yakhni Pulao Recipe
Muradabadi Yakhni Mutton Biryani
Egg Maggi Masala | Breakfast Recipe | Street Style Anda Maggie Masala
Fish Kofta Curry Recipe | Fish Meatball Recipe | Fish Kofta Masala Recipe
Dhaba Style Chicken Keema Recipe | Minced Butter Chicken Recipe | Chicken Keema Recipe