Fish Coconut (Nariyal) Chutney Recipe
Assam, a state in Eastern India is famous for it’s authentic and spicy Chutney recipes. I got this amazing fish coconut (machhli nariyal) chutney recipe from my Aunty Mrs. Maloti Barua who is native to Assam. I made it once and believe me, I became a fan of this Fish Coconut Chutney Recipe.
Though traditionally this is a Bengali chutney recipe, but in Bengal, fish chutney is prepared with small and whole dried fishes. However, that version may not be suitable for many of you because it gives a strange smell out of it. Hence we bring here this amazing and special version of Fish Narial Chutney Recipe for you which is made from fresh boneless fish and I am sure you will like this fish chutney a lot and will make it again and again.
This Fish coconut chutney recipe is prepared with very few ingredients. Simply shallow fry boneless fish, shallow fry very few spices, add fresh coriander leaves, chopped Nariyal (coconut), chopped ginger, and just grind all ingredients together to make a fine paste. Super easy and super tasty, spicy, and yummy recipe. So let’s go ahead and enjoy it!
Preparation Steps for Fish Coconut Chutney Recipe
Time needed: 30 minutes.
Preparation steps for Fish Coconut Chutney Recipe are super easy. Follow these simple steps and enjoy your spicy Fish Chutney.
- Heat 2 TBsp vegetable oil in a non-stick pan on medium flame. When the oil is hot, add washed and drained fish pieces.
- Shallow fry the fish pieces in this oil. Keep stirring in between so fish pieces should be fried from all sides. Do not fry on high heat but just fry on medium heat
- It should take 8 to 10 minutes to fry fish pieces properly. When the fish are fried well with brown texture all around, take them out of oil and keep aside on a kitchen towel or tissue paper to absorb excess oil.
- Then in the remaining oil add Garlic and Black pepper and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Then add Green chilli and stir fry for 5 more minutes. That’s all for frying, take out these fried spices too, and keep aside.
- Now take fried Fish, fried spices, and all the remaining ingredients in a grinder and grind to make a fine paste.
- And here you go, your yummy spicy Fish Coconut Chutney is Ready. Serve as a side dish with your other meal or snacks. You can refrigerate and keep this Fish Chutney for a week.
So, I hope you will enjoy this Fish Narial Chutney Recipe. Now let’s check out a few other great recipes from Meri Rasoi.