Chilli Paneer Recipe Restaurant Style | Cheese Chilli Recipe
Learn how to make Chilli Paneer or Cheese Chilli in this recipe. Chilli Paneer Recipe or Cheese Chilli Recipe is one of the most popular Paneer (Cheese) recipes loved most in Asian continent. Chilli Paneer Recipe is an Indo-Chinese cuisine recipe and is best served with Roti, Naan and Fried Rice and Noodles. We have prepared this chilli paneer recipe in restaurant style with just one exception. In restaurants they use red food color to give chilli paneer a nice reddish color which we have not used in this chilli paneer recipe. We wanted to keep the texture of this cheese chilli recipe to natural texture. Though in taste, there is no compromise, you will feel the same great taste in this chilli paneer recipe which you might have had in famous restaurants around you.
However, if you really like that bright reddish color in your chilli paneer, just add little red food color in corn flour water and batter that we prepared during the recipe. We have made dry chilli paneer recipe however, if you want to make the chilli paneer with gravy, simply double the corn flour water from what we have used in this recipe. So let’s see how to make Cheese Chilli at home and follow these simple recipe instructions below. #chillipaneer #cheesechilli #merirasoi
Step 1 – Marinate the Paneer to make Chilli Paneer Recipe
Take the Paneer cubes in a bowl and add 1.5 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste, ½ Tsp Black Pepper Powder, ½ Tsp Salt and Tsp Corn Flour.
- Cut the 200 Grams Paneer and cut it into equal sized cubes.
- Take the Paneer cubes in a bowl and add 1.5 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste, ½ Tsp Black Pepper Powder, ½ Tsp Salt and Tsp Corn Flour.
- Gently rub the spices all over the Paneer pieces so that Paneer pieces should be break and they are evenly coated with spices.
- Keep these paneer cubes in refrigerator for 15 minutes. See Recipe Video Here.
Step 2 – Prepare the Batter to Coat and Fry Paneer Pieces for Cheese Chill Recipe
In the meantime while Paneer is marinating in refrigerator, let’s make the batter to coat and fry Paneer for our Chilli Paneer. Follow these simple steps to make the batter for Paneer.
- In a large bowl, add 4 Tsp All Purpose Flour, 2 Tsp Corn Flour and ½ Tsp Salt. Now add little water in chunks while stirring.
- We need a smooth consistency Batter, add water carefully in chunks and keep stirring to make smooth running consistency Batter.
- When Batter has no lumps and mixed well, keep aside. See Recipe Video Here.
Step 3 – Fry the Paneer for Chilli Paneer Recipe (Cheese Chilli)
So we have the Paneer marinated, we have the Batter ready – lets fry the Paneer now. Follow these simple recipe instructions to fry the Paneer.
- Heat enough Oil for deep fry in a non-stick frying pan of Skillet at medium flame.
- Now take a piece of Paneer and coat it with Batter, then gently add in Oil. Do this with all the Paneer pieces.
- Remember – we do not need to fry too much our Paneer but have to give a very light fry so that the outer coating is firm and you get light brown frying marks.
- Flip the Paneer pieces to fry from all sides.
- When you get light frying marks on Paneer, take them out and keep aside. See Recipe Video Here.
Step 4 – Finally, Let’s See How to Make Chilli Paneer (Cheese Chilli)
Time needed: 1 hour.
So we have the Paneer ready, and this is the time to make our Chilli Paneer. Follow these simple recipe instructions for Chilli Paneer Recipe to make your yummy, spicy Chilli Paneer at home.
- Heat 2 to 3 TBsp Oil in a heavy bottomed skillet.
- When Oil is hot, add 10 Nos chopped Garlic cloves and 1 Tsp grated or chopped Ginger and stir fry for a minute.
- Then add 5 Nos chopped Green Chillies.
- Add 2 Nos diced large Onions and fry for 30 seconds.
- Then immediately add diced and deseeded Green Capsicum and fry for 2 minutes at high flame.
- Do not overcook. Remember that no vegetables for chill paneer recipe will be fried too much for this recipe. They should remain half cooked and crunchy. Especially the Green Capsicum, they should not lose their nice green color.
- Then add the 1 Tsp Soya Sauce, 2 TBsp Red Chilli Sauce, 2 TBsp Tomato Sauce, 1 Tsp White Vinegar, ½ Tsp Salt (Adjust to taste), ¼ Tsp Ajinomoto and ½ Tsp Black Pepper Powder. Then mix well. Fry for 1 to 2 minutes, do not overcook. The vegetables must remain crunchy and crispy.
- Fry for a minute and then add 1 cup Corn Flour water. (Dissolve 2 Tsp Corn Flour in one cup water to make the Corn Flour water).
- Cook just for one minute along with Corn flour water and then add the fried Paneer.
- Then mix well and cook just for 2 minutes. Your Cheese Chilli or Chilli Paneer is ready to serve. Serve hot with Naan, Paratha or Chapatti.
Footnote: We have not used Red food color in this Chilli Paneer (Cheese Chilli) recipe. You must have seen in restaurants and dhabas, their cheese Chilli (Chilli Paneer) normally have little red food color added so they look nice reddish in color. If you also want that nice Red color in your Chilli paneer, you can simply add a pinch of red food color in batter and corn flour water.
Hope you will enjoy this yummy Cheese Chilli Recipe or Chilli Paneer Recipe. Now check out few more great recipes from Meri Rasoi.
Restaurant Style Kadai Paneer Recipe | How To Make Kadai Paneer | Kadhai Paneer Masala recipe
Lal Masoor Dal Tadka Recipe | Lal Masoor Dal Recipe | Red Lentils Recipe | ढाबा स्टाइल लाल मसूर दाल
Indian Masala Omelette Recipe | Spicy Omelets Recipe | नार्मल आमलेट से हो बोर तो बनाइये मसाला आमलेट
Restaurant Style Mutter Paneer Recipe | एकदम रेस्टोरेंट जैसा मटर पनीर घर पे बनायें बिलकुल आसानी से
Home Made Biryani Masala Recipe | How to Make Biryani Masala at Home | Biryani Masala
Hyderabadi Mutton Dum Biryani | Mutton Dum Biryani Recipe | Layer Biryani Recipe
Restaurant Style Chilli Chicken | Chilli Chicken Recipe | Chinese Chicken
Restaurant Style Chicken 65 Recipe | Easy Chicken 65 Recipe
Kadai Chicken Recipe | How To Make Kadai Chicken | Restaurant Style