|Form||Seeds, Sticks, Flowers|
About this item
- Spicy Carte Exotic Spices Combo includes a variety of spices grown across India mainly Kerala. You will be provided with each item separately in whole/raw form. You can use it in different forms like whole, chopped, ground, roasted, sauteed, fried which are often combined into complex spice mixes and as a topping and so on.
- Spicy Carte Exotic Spices Combo, 500gm Included 7 raw Spices: Cardamom – 50gm, Cinnamon – 100gm, Cloves – 100gm, Black Pepper – 100gm, Star Anise – 75gm, Mace Flower – 25gm and Black Cardamom – 50gm or Fennel – 50gm. It stays good for a year in an airtight glass container. Keep a smaller container in the spice drawer and store the rest in the refrigerator.
- Javitri – Mace Flower – जावित्री – has a distinct spicy-sweet taste known to be an anti-fungal, anti-depressant, digestive and carminative agent. Kalimirch – Black Pepper – कालिमिरज – Hot pungent spice, black pepper helps improve stomach’s ability to digest foods and promotes intestinal health. Badi Ilaychi – Black Cardamom – बडी इलायची – Often referred to as the queen of spices, black cardamom gives a smoky flavour to curries.
- Hari Elaichi – Green Cardamom – इलायची – Sweet and invigorating spice, green cardamom adds a fresh flavour to many recipes. Dalchini – Cinnamon – कलमी – Sweet-spicy flavoured cinnamon sticks enhance the flavours in many dishes. Laung – Clove – लवंग – With a distinct and undeniable warmth, cloves are one of the most powerful spices with intense flavours. Saumph – Fennel – सौंफ – Fennel is perhaps best known as a herb range from helping the body pass gas to freshening the breath.
- Add 1/2 tsp of oil at a time and slow roast each spice until it releases the aroma and is hot to touch. Grind the roasted spices in batches to make a fine powder. Allowed these roasted spices to completely cool on a large tray before grinding them to a fine powder in the spice grinder. Grind the mixture in a kitchen blender until fine as needed. Alternatively, grind cinnamon, cut the bay leaves very fine and grind the other seeds in a mortar and pestle.
There are no reviews yet.