- Bread slices44 slices, white crusts removed and cut into quarters
- Saffron strandsfew strands
- Water1 Cups
- Sugar2.5 Cups
- Pistachio nuts1 Tablespoonsthinly sliced
- Raisins2 Teaspoons
- Silver foil (varak)22 nos, (optional for garnish)
- Gheefor deep frying
- Almonds1 Tablespoonsthinly sliced
- FOR RABADI
- Milk1.5 Cups
- Condensed Milk4 Tablespoons
- Bread Crumbs1/2breadcrumb of half slice
- Green cardamom powder1/4 Teaspoons
- Nutmeg Powder1/8 Teaspoonsa small pinch
Shahi toast recipe or shahi tukda recipe is a Hyderabadi Indian dessert recipe and is a very delicious sweet dish. Making shahi toast at home as very easy, see how can you prepare your shahi toast at home.
Preparation Steps for Shahi Toast Recipe
Preparing shahi toast will be done in two parts i.e. “Preparing Rabadi” and Preparing “Shahi Toast”.
1. Take all the ingredients for rabadi in a thick bottomed non-stick pan.
2. Keep on high flame until it comes to boil.
3. When the mixture starts boiling, reduce the flame and simmer for a few minutes, stirring continuously. Simmer until the rabadi is thick. When rabadi is ready, keep it aside.
Prepare Shahi Toast (Shahi Tukda)
1. Take ghee in a fry pan and heat on medium flame.
2. When the ghee is medium hot (not too hot), add the bread pieces to it and fry until golden brown.
3. When breads slices are golden brown, take them out of the ghee and put on kitchen paper to remove the excess of ghee from them.
4. Take water in a vessel and boil it with sugar for five minutes.
5. After 5 minutes of boiling, add saffron to it and continue boiling for few more minutes until sugar syrup is prepared.
6. Take the bread slices and dip into the prepared sugar syrup for 30 seconds.
7. Take them out and arrange on a serving plate.
8. Pour the prepared rabadi over the bread slices to cover whole slices and garnish with nuts, raisins and crushed cardamoms. Keep in refrigerator until chilled. Serve chilled.
Place a layer of silver leaf for decoration (Optional).