- Cauliflower (gobi)2 nos2 nos, small
- Onion1 nos1 nos, chopped
- Green Chillis3 nos3 nos, chopped
- Coriander (Dhania) Powder1 Teaspoons
- Ginger Paste1 Teaspoons
- Cumin Powder (Jeera Powder)1 Teaspoons
- Curd (Dahi)1 Cupsto serve
- Coriander Leaves (Hara Dhania)½ Cupschopped
- Gheeas needed for fry
- Salt1 tspor to taste
- Dough of wheat aataenough to make 8 parathas
I am sure that the name of Gobi Paratha breakfast recipe will let your mouth watering. Gobi paratha is a Punjabi cuisine recipe and famous in all parts of country. You will find gobi paratha breakfast dish in menu of almost all north Indian restaurants and dhabas. Gobi paratha is an integral part of breakfast for Punjabis and as equally popular as of the aloo ka paratha. Below are the steps for this tasty, spicy gobi paratha recipe.
Preparation Steps for Gobi Paratha Recipe
1. Take cauliflower and chop into small pieces; wash proplery.
2. Sprinkle salt on the chopped cauliflower, mix properly and set aside for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, take cauliflower and squeeze it to remove the water off.
3. In this squeezed cauliflower, add other ingredients i.e. coriander (dhania) powder, onions, cumin (jeera powder), chilli powder, chopped green chillis, ginger paste, chopped coriander leaves and salt to taste. Mix all these ingredients well to prepare the filling mixture for your “gobi ka paratha”.
4. Prepare the dough normally as you do for a chapatti/roti.
5. Take the dough for one chapatti and flatten it up to 2 inches round. Take 1 tablespoon of prepared filling mixture and put in the center of flattened dough.
6. Draw the edges of dough chapati towards center and cover the mixture properly from all sides. Once covered properly, roll out it to form the gobi paratha.
7. Put the gobi paratha on pre-heated griddle (tawa) and let it brown from one side. When brown from one side, flip the gobi paratha carefully.
8. Now apply 1 tsp of gree on cooked side of paratha and let the paratha brown from other side. When the gobi paratha is brown from other side, flip it again and apply 1 tsp of gree on other side too.
9. Let it cook until it is brown. Your gobhi paratha is ready, serve hot with butter, curd or your favorite pickle.