- Wheat flour2 bowlsbowl (katori)
- Salt for dough1/4 Teaspoonsor to taste
- Water1 glass1 glass approx
- Paneer100 Gramsgrated
- Onion1 noschopped
- Coriander Leaves2 Teaspoonsfinely chopped
- Green chilli1 nos Teaspoonsfinely chopped
- Ginger1 Teaspoonsgrated
- Red Chili powder½ Teaspoons
- Graram masala powder¼ Teaspoons
- Salt for filling1/4 Teaspoonsor to taste
- Oregano seeds or Ajwain1/2 Teaspoons
- Butter / Oil1 Tablespoonsfor frying
Cheese paratha recipe or paneer paratha recipe is very common recipe used in India. Cheese paratha is a dish from land of Punjab and especially very popular in north India. Its a very common Punjabi food and the important part of breakfast for most of the Punjabi people. Cheese paratha can be best served with butter, curd or pickle. See the preparation method for this Punjabi breakfast recipe and enjoy your cheese paratha.
Preparation Steps for Cheese Paratha Recipe
1. Take 2 bowls of wheat flour, 1/4 tsp salt and 1 glass of water in a bowl and knead well to make the dough as you would do for any paratha / roti; keep the dough aside.
2. In a separate big bowl, take grated paneer, chopped onion, coriander leaves, green chilli, ginger, red chili powder, graram masala powder, salt and oregano seeds (ajwain). Mix well all the ingredients to make the stuffing/filling with equal consistency.
3. Make two medium sized chapati, add the filling to one chapati and cover it with the second one. Now roll it slightly sealing the corners.
4. Cook on a pre-heated flat griddle (tawa). When cooked from one side, turn it and pour 1 teaspoon oil or butter over the cooked side.
5. Spread the butter on paneer paratha and shallow fry over low heat.
6. Turn the paneer paratha from other side and again pour 1 tsp oil or butter over it. Spread the butter well over paratha and shallow fry over low heat till the paratha is golden brown.
7. Your paneer paratha / cheese paratha is ready. Serve hot with butter, curd and your favorite pickle or chutney.